Demon Hunter - Metamorphosis + Avatar ?

Gummi_Bears

Reaction score
I was wondering if it's possible for a demon hunter to have metamorphosis that turns him from Demon Hunter model -> Illidan (Evil) with wings, but still have the special effects of Avatar. So when a demon hunter uses morph, he changes from the two models, but also gets spell immunity for a limited time, and also grows over time, (like when using avatar), and shrinks back to normal size after morph ends duration.
Edit: Also to make this possible that Demon Hunter -> Illidan (Evil) with wings, I change the duration to 0, and remove the alternate animation. This way the model is changed, BUT there is no duration - it lasts forever. Anyway how to add duration, and get the animation to work properly? I don't want to see black demon form D: I'm making an 'ice escape' type map where you slide using polar offset. If I use metamorphosis normally, with duration 60, Ill be unable to move while sliding on ice until those 60 seconds are up.

If this isnt possible then how come when I use Avatar on Demon Hunter, he morphs in that black demon form. How to fix this? I tried removing the animation tags but it didnt work. Any help?

It's a lot to ask for I know. Thanks for helping!

Bankde

Reaction score
Use Metamorphosis then trigger

Trigger:
  • Metamorphosis
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Metamorphosis (Illidan)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Spell Immunity to (Triggering unit)

If there is only 1 unit using this ability, use wait "duration of skill" seconds then remove spell immunity from triggering unit. The animation of unit is casting animation, you have to change its model.

Gummi_Bears

Reaction score
Nope...maxiumum of 11 people will be using this spell. So what can I do? Any answers to my second question about Avatar on Demon Hunter? :confused:

Mealstorm

Reaction score
Just find morphed demon hunter (Night elves -> special or something like that) give him spell imunity ability and change his model.

I am not sure about grow and shrink thing.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Just to clarify some things here.

Avatar and Metamorphosis both add the "alternate" tag to the unit, so that any unit with alternate animations will display those. With other words, it doesn't matter which transformation ability your unit uses as your hero will always get the alternate tag.

Hero abilities are shared by both forms, but unit abilities are not carried over when transforming your hero. So if you want the alternate form to be spell immune and not the regular form, just add "Spell Immunity (Neutral)" to your alternate unit.

If you don't want the hero to play any special animations, then base your ability on something that doesn't have any effect (like "Roar" with "None" targets allowed), then make a trigger that adds spell immunity to the unit and removes it after x seconds. You can use a periodic trigger to scale the unit up and down as well.

Gummi_Bears

Reaction score
In short I don't want any animations, but I still want the hero to change models will a limited duration with the buffs of avatar. Can't use roar because I don't think you can use it when your 'sliding' on ice with polar offset.

Shanflower

Reaction score
Just find morphed demon hunter (Night elves -> special or something like that) give him spell imunity ability and change his model.

I am not sure about grow and shrink thing.
Yah, there's a specific unit for morphed Illidan. Avatar equals Immunity and a bigger scaling value, so you can just give those to the morphed Illidan unit without the need to dabble with the Avatar ability.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I don't know if animation - size works or not, but one easy way to increase the size of a unit, is to dummy cast a dummy bloodlust on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.