News Denmark recalls Samyang 3x Spicy Chicken Korean instant ramen for being too spicy (not 2x, it's 3x)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Denmark has recalled several spicy ramen noodle products by South Korean company Samyang, claiming that the capsaicin levels in them could poison consumers.

Three fiery flavours of the Samyang instant ramen line are being withdrawn: Buldak 3x Spicy & Hot Chicken, 2x Spicy & Hot Chicken and Hot Chicken Stew.

Denmark's food agency issued the recall and warning on Tuesday, urging consumers to abandon the product.

But the maker Samyang says there's no problem with the quality of the food.

"We understand that the Danish food authority recalled the products, not because of a problem in their quality but because they were too spicy," the firm said in a statement to the BBC.

"The products are being exported globally. But this is the first time they have been recalled for the above reason."

It's unknown if any specific incidents in Denmark had prompted authorities there to take action.

I eat those all the time. This ought to be the best ad for this brand
The 3x Spicy is a limited edition variant of the commonly known 2x Spicy instant noodles. I would love to try the 3x one myself if they can mass produce enough of them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.