US News Descendants of Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse break away from US

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The Lakota Indians, who gave the world legendary warriors Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse, have withdrawn from treaties with the United States, leaders said Wednesday.

"We are no longer citizens of the United States of America and all those who live in the five-state area that encompasses our country are free to join us," long-time Indian rights activist Russell Means told a handful of reporters and a delegation from the Bolivian embassy, gathered in a church in a run-down neighborhood of Washington for a news conference.

A delegation of Lakota leaders delivered a message to the State Department on Monday, announcing they were unilaterally withdrawing from treaties they signed with the federal government of the United States, some of them more than 150 years old.

----------------------
I have to say I did not see that one coming.

Last edited:

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Wow, great find. I wish them the best of luck. And agreed that is one that I definitely did not see coming as well. I am related to Sacajawea; I wonder if I could do something like that? Well, I know I can’t but it sounds like people are free to join them. I wish that was happening somewhere in the Northwest, I would seriously look into that; though I am sure the government will crush this movement it is inspiring. I am sick of all the lies and infringements on our freedoms. I truly hope this will recieve national coverage.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
So they pretty much made up a country in the middle of the USA?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Those treaties were actually signed after they lost the war. I wonder how the US is going to react. It sounds like they did everything legally, really taking the time to do it right.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
If thise goes good, I might have to move. It was on the news last night, and they mentioned alot of it, but not about the no taxes part. I think they are scared that this one would really rally people to the cause.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.