Descriptive Writing: The Beach

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Did this for english, wanted to see what you thought of it.

I looked at my surroundings. Merely a beach, but looking deeper... is a different thing altogether.

I looked once more, and heard the silent echo of the lifeless sea, as if it had sucked out the souls of nearby creatures, as if it was a forever-hungering beast, relentlessly pounding the beach with no remorse. The sand between my toes felt dead, lusting for the warmth of the Sun. Its odd blackish colour contemplating with the fact that this was a lifeless beach. The smell was pungent of seaweed, as if essences of it was part of the very air, and growing like a tree every second. The cliffs to the left and right of myself were seemless, untouched, as if just erected; as the echo stopped, I heard another sound, a sound so surprising, yet fall of beauty and horror.

The Silence.

My english teacher thought it was excellent, but wanted to see how it could be improved :D

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
There are just a couple of little problems in there, where you used a word in the wrong place and such. When I get back from work, I'll point out a few places that could use improvement. Very nice, though, and very good use of personification in the whole thing. Good job.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
That was excellent. But I would suggest taking out some of those "as <blank>" things. It's not bad, but as I was reading it, it seemed AS IF it kept coming back to me, because there were too many of that (like every other sentence... O_O :).

OR you could space lines in between sometimes.

Anyways, that was really good. Good Job!:thup:

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
:eek:

I see what you mean, (4 "as if's") :banghead:

Thanks for that insight though :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.