desease cloud wont disperse

sunshinex3

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would like this custom acid bomb ability to spawn a disease cloud on impact. the cloud comes up before impact, but that's ok. the problem is that it wont go away.... Ive look at the fields and tried to disperse it with a trigger but it wont go away. I need it go to away 120 seconds after it is created. if any one could help that would be great.

here is my first trigger that places the disease cloud (works)

diseaseCloudAcidBomb
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Plague Bomb
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Disease Cloud (hero) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is a "creative" trigger i made to try and kill it. First i made the ward effect its self so its health would also go down periodically and then when it's health hits 1 it would die... right? It(being the trigger below) wont work so... either i did something wrong or it cant be done this way. if any one knows a better way to do this or whats wrong with this trigger plz tell.

diseaseCloudAcidBomb2
Events
Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
Conditions
((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Disease Cloud (hero)) and ((Life of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1.00)
Actions
Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Your trigger doesn't work because it only fires when the unit enters the map, at which point the unit still has full health. Instead of a second trigger, you can just add an expiration timer to the unit.
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Disease Cloud (hero) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 120.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Wrong, as that might be the problem, the thing is, Disease Cloud doesn't disappear when you kill it, you have to remove it.

sunshinex3

Reaction score
danm, yea right yoda is. so is their a way to put a time on it and remove it?

sunshinex3

Reaction score
i just tested that generic time idea unit died but its modle did not disapate.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Okay, make a unit group, called TEMP_GROUP, and just pick every unit in the map matching your dummy units unit type, then, pick every unit in that group and do an if/then/else, if the picked unit's health is less than or equal to 1, then remove (picked unit).

sunshinex3

Reaction score
sry, im stupid, how do you make a unit group? and what is the event that would spark this? I'm sry plz don't lose your patence and quit on me.

sunshinex3

Reaction score
ok... i did what i think you said but now the cloud wont even appear. when it did before

diseaseCloudAcidBomb
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i dont know if this is working.

diseaseCloudAcidBomb2
Events
Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to dummy
Actions
Unit Group - Add all units of (Units of type dummy) to tempUnitGroup
If ((Life of (Random unit from tempUnitGroup)) Greater than or equal to 1.00) then do (Unit - Remove (Random unit from tempUnitGroup) from the game) else do (Do nothing)

evilwolf

Reaction score
Trigger 2 is messed up...
Add this action to trigger 1:
Unit Group - Add last created unit to tempUnitGroup
Trigger 2:
Delete your first unit group action...
Add this:
Unit group- Pick all units in tempunitgroup matching matching unit is equal to plague ward and do actions
loop
If life of picked unit is equal to 1.00
then
Remove picked unit from tempunitgroup
Remove picked unit from the game
Your trigger leaks, if you don't know what I mean go here:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27219

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
In regards to what Evilwolf said, trigger two the event should be under Time - Periodic Timer, and set the timer to every 1 second, Remove the condition, make a variable (Control + B) of type Unit Group, and name it TempGroup, no array needed. In actions, do this
Trigger:
  • set TempGroup = Units in (Playable map area) matching Unit-type of (Matching unit) equal to Dummy

Then, select every unit in that unit group by going to the unit group action, and the first action in the whole Unit Group section is the right one. heres what this part will look like
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do actions
    • Loop - Actions

After this, add an If/Then/Else statement, in the if do this
Trigger:
  • If - Conditions
    • Life of (Picked unit) Less than or equal to 1

Under the then do this
Trigger:
  • Then - Actions
    • Remove (Picked unit)

In the else category, it should look like this
Trigger:
  • Else - Actions
    • Set life of (Picked unit) to life of (Picked unit) - 1

In total, it will look like this.
Trigger:
  • DiseaseCloudAcidBomb2
    • Events
    • Time - Every 1 Seconds of Game Time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • set TempGroup = Units in (Playable map area) matching Unit-type of (Matching unit) equal to Dummy
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do actions
      • Loop - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Life of (Picked unit) Less than or equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Remove (Picked unit)
        • Else - Actions
        • Set life of (Picked unit) to life of (Picked unit) - 1

Note that you will have to disable the trigger you have for the health decrease

DioD

Reaction score
cloud model dont have proper animation, it wont remove instantly after death, you need to use both Explode on death and expiration timer.

chobibo

Level 1 Crypt Lord
Reaction score
Your trigger doesn't work because it only fires when the unit enters the map, at which point the unit still has full health. Instead of a second trigger, you can just add an expiration timer to the unit.
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Disease Cloud (hero) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 120.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

I tested this, it seems to work fine.

sunshinex3

Reaction score
it took long but finaly, i fixed it.
and the answer was right their all that time

didnt even have to use any unit groups or what not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
diseaseCloudAcidBomb
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 120.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

this was all i needed, but i was putting the plauge ward disease cloud on dummy. instead i should of put abominations on their. if goes out 10 seconds after dummy is removed. solved!
thax guys now i have to figure out how to make exhume corpses ability spawn live zombies.
ima add yoda and wolf to my list of people i wanna thank for helping me with my map. uhh so ty

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.