Destroying a Hashtable

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Why would you like to destroy a Hashtable? I think Blizzard thought the same thing and did not added such a native.

Actually using Table would be better.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Well I load a hashtable full of values of the spawning but after the spawning is done, it wont be used again. So figured I should destroy it

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Well, as I mentioned before, use Table. Even one hashtable is enough, as you can see :)

Solmyr

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
[ljass]FlushParentHashtable()[/ljass] is the native that "destroys" a [ljass]hashtable[/ljass]. It flushes all the values from it, removes it from the memory and renders it unusable (so if you wanted to store more stuff, you'd have to re-initialize it).

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
@Solmyr
+ nulling it right?

OT: btw Galthran (specialty skelies aka +1 speed and whatever dmg & defense of Necropolis starting with 1-3 stacks each of 15-30 skelies) is the best =).

Solmyr

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
@Solmyr
+ nulling it right?
If it's local, then of course. But using a local hashtable doesn't make much sense to me...

On a second thought, even if it's global, but is not re-assigned later, then you'd also need to null it, yes.

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
If it is a large data structure like a pathing algorithm then it would be more efficient
to flush all the hash contents rather than flushing the child tables individually, so in
such a case a local hashtable is within a stretch of the imagination.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.