Destructable problem

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score

I'm making a menu using trackables. I'm trying to use icons as selection tools.

In order to save a lot of time and memory, I have a model that, when used as a destructable, can use the Replaceable texture of the image of any icon in the game. In short, I can place any icon on the map with only one import.

The function to make a trackable only takes a model path, and so if I use this icon model it can't bring any replaceable texture with it. So, it's exactly the right size I want it to be, but there it doesn't look as intended.

So, I placed this icon destructable over it. The problem is then that the destructable "blocks" selection of the trackable, I can't find a way to make the destructable visible while keeping the trackable selectable.

How to I make a destructable that doesn't have any selection size? Even if I make the object unselectable, it only seems to make it impossible to select said destructable. However, it still has selection size, it's just that nothing will happen if you click it.

The only real idea I have on how to fix this would be to open the icon model with some modeling program and remove the selection sphere. However, I don't have such a program and I wouldn't know how to do it even if I did. I do however think it would be easy for someone that knew.

Ideas?

EDIT: Idea: Is it possible to have trackables that are visually transparent?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yes, you can have trackables that are visually transparent, and that is actually the best technique for this. You simply have the invisible trackable overlayed on top of the destructable.

Check out this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...9130/?prev=search=CustomInventory&d=list&r=20

Or rip the model from there. I think it is called TrackableBase or something like that. There is another alternative, which is by using the invisible platform model:
"Doodads\\Terrain\\InvisiblePlatformSmall\\InvisiblePlatformSmall.mdl"
"Doodads\\Terrain\\InvisiblePlatform\\InvisiblePlatform.mdl"

If you position them correctly, you can get decent results, but they might not be perfectly square. That's why I recommend you just use the one from the custom inventory. You can use Magos to resize it the way you want. (open it in Magos, go to window -> model editor or something, transformations -> scale)

One thing I did was create several different sizes (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4.... 1.0) scales so that my icon sizes could be dynamic. Might be something to consider if you wanna be creative. :) The models only take like 3kb each anyway.

Let me know if you need more info, or I can send you a sample map of my old FSUI system that I never finished.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
I doubt I'll need your sample map, I think you've already provided me with far enough resources to fix my problem. But I do appreciate the offer.

I'll take this as a finished solution. Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.