Destructible dies

Coolio

Reaction score
hello, can anyone explain why this doesn't work

Events
Destructible - Cage 0972 <gen> dies
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Satyr Shadowdancer for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at (Random point in Prisoner Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

i tried (Owner of (Triggering unit)) too

PooBucket

Reaction score
Not entirely sure but I'm also pretty sure :)P) that Owner of killing unit refers to unit being killed, not destructible. That's what the WE says anyway.

Coolio

Reaction score
Not entirely sure but I'm also pretty sure :)P) that Owner of killing unit refers to unit being killed, not destructible. That's what the WE says anyway.

i tried triggering unit too instead of killing but it doesn't create anything at all... :|

NuQ

Reaction score
Why don't you just make a custom unit(structure) that uses the Cage model file?

then you can use...

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - Cage 0972 &lt;gen&gt; dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Satyr Shadowdancer for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at (Random point in Prisoner Spawn &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees

Gwafu

Reaction score
You can't use a unit event response (triggering unit, attacked unit, etc..) for a destructible.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Why don't you just make a custom unit(structure) that uses the Cage model file?

then you can use...

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - Cage 0972 &lt;gen&gt; dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Satyr Shadowdancer for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at (Random point in Prisoner Spawn &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees

Do like he said. Make the unit to not walk. If he does order "him" to walk back with triggers
Trigger:
  • Every 0.01 seconds of game-time

Trigger:
  • Unit- Order &quot;Cage&quot; to attack-move to &quot;YourRegion&quot;

That is not good triggering but i havent got WE here.

NuQ

Reaction score
The unit event triggers also apply to structures, so i would just base the cage off of the farm or a tower, etc. and use the pathing map of a barrel or something. that way you don't have to worry about your cages walking around.

Edit: made a quick map to show how i would do the custom unit(based off of a scout tower) and the trigger to spawn the unit.

Attachments

• Cage.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 163

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Just set movement type to None in the editor and set "Can flee" to false (although with no movement type I don't think a unit can flee anyway), then the unit will not move no matter what. It doesn't need to be a structure because then you run into pathing map issues.

Happy

Reaction score
easiest way to change a building into a unit is search for "Is a structure" and unckeck it....thats all....

Rushhour

Reaction score
Edit: nvm.. I didnt understand you correctly^^
Thought you had problems accesing the dying destructable

But always remember that "GetTriggerWidget()" should get you the triggering unit, destructable or item.

bLu3_eYeS

Reaction score
[ljass]GetTriggerWidget()[/ljass] Use jass triggers plz

and for GUI

Trigger:
  • qoute to see how i put it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.