Desync with camera bounds?

jrhetf4xb

Reaction score
I have an idea for a new map but since I haven't started yet I was wondering if setting the camera bounds for only one player (with GetLocalPlayer()) would cause a desync... For example:
JASS:

if (GetLocalPlayer() == Player(1)) 
{
    SetCameraBounds( /* many arguments */ );
    // etc.
}

Ashlebede

Reaction score
[ljass]bj_mapInitialPlayableArea != bj_mapInitialCameraBounds[/ljass]

Use [ljass]bj_mapInitialCameraBounds[/ljass] to use the starting camera bounds ; playable area is a bit bigger, on pretty much all maps. Oh, and I don't suggest using [ljass]SetCameraBoundsToRect()[/ljass]. Use [ljass]SetCameraBounds[/ljass] along with [ljass]GetRectMinX,GetRectMinY,GetRectMaxX,GetRectMaxY[/ljass].

Ashlebede

Reaction score
:O<<

Why would blizzard create zat and not remove eet, then?

Edit : Wait, then what's the point of [ljass]GetCameraTargetPositionLoc()[/ljass]?

Jedi

Reaction score
To find distance.It is smart pan camera =) Take a look at GUI action: Pan Camera As Neccesary.

If distance between current camera and target location greater than 3500, Pan to target location immidiately, elseif distance > 500, Pan slowly.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Aye, but why didn't blizzard use [ljass]GetCameraTargetPositionX(),GetCameraTargetPositionY()[/ljass], instead? It wouldn't have made desyncs... alright, we should lynch whoever wrote that function.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Aye, but why didn't blizzard use [ljass]GetCameraTargetPositionX(),GetCameraTargetPositionY()[/ljass], instead? It wouldn't have made desyncs... alright, we should lynch whoever wrote that function.

thats exactly the same question as why did blizzard use locations at all? because its easier. they are lazy people and dont care about that little bit of performance or memory loss. or whether all functions can be used in multiplayer.

why should they? they didnt made wc3 only for the editor but mainly for their own maps. and these work pretty well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.