US News Detroit activists call for UN help as city shuts off water for thousands

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Its a basic utility to live. As such, in most jurisdictions there are a lot of requisites to shutting it off - like not being allowed to. Normally its subsidized by the state and public funding goes into accounts that help pay for utilities supplied to indigent persons, and it works fine normally. But in the case of detroit, the entire city is just a scary example of what's about to happen everywhere (I.e. collapsing infrastructure, severe financial debt, and an inevitable total social and governmental collapse).

Varine, always such a Debby downer. You're one of those people who wants the infrastructure to fall apart just so you can tell everyone you said it first.

In many parts of the world water is a commodity that simply doesn't exist. It's not mind blowing that someone would have their water shut off if they can't pay for it in America. There are other ways to obtain water.

The issue is the whole being that poor in the first place... not so much the hardships that follow, methinks. These hardships are many more than just worrying about a water bill.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
And I see you have retained your general ignorance and hope that the world will just fix itself based on probably poorly formulated concepts that you scarcely understand anyway.

You think I want the world to fall apart because then I could say I knew it, but like usual you are wrong and, like usual, seem to be under the impression I give a shit. But in reality I want the world to fall apart because I fucking hate it. I hate the way the system works, I hate that shit like water is a commodity we pay for, and most of all I hate people like you who are perfectly fine with the perpetuation of ignorance, and in many cases contribute to that ignorance, deny that this entire fucking world is an outdated, broken aristocracy of elite, and think that the world will fucking fix itself somehow some day.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
And I see you have retained your general ignorance and hope that the world will just fix itself based on probably poorly formulated concepts that you scarcely understand anyway.

You think I want the world to fall apart because then I could say I knew it, but like usual you are wrong and, like usual, seem to be under the impression I give a shit. But in reality I want the world to fall apart because I fucking hate it. I hate the way the system works, I hate that shit like water is a commodity we pay for, and most of all I hate people like you who are perfectly fine with the perpetuation of ignorance, and in many cases contribute to that ignorance, deny that this entire fucking world is an outdated, broken aristocracy of elite, and think that the world will fucking fix itself somehow some day.

I don't think that anyone would agree with you in saying that I have poorly formulated concepts. I have earned more then that I hope. I don't necessarily disagree with you on the world being broken in certain ways. My observation was that you seem to WANT it to fall apart...to which you just confirmed. Every news post you touch just turns to a call for anarchy. XD It seems as though you would have all micro-problems be ignored in favor of a new world order.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I don't really care if anyone agrees, I think most of them are idiots too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.