World Developer: Dubai Tower at 'new record height'

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
r191166304.jpg

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The developer of a Dubai skyscraper set to become the world's tallest building says the rising tower now stands at a "new record height" of 2,257 feet.

Emaar Properties says the skyscraper — known as Burj Dubai — now has "more than 160 stories." Its exterior is almost done and work has started on the interior.

The company's Monday statement gave no other details. The silvery steel-and-glass building's final height is a secret.

Last summer, the developer announced the building surpassed Taiwan's Taipei 101 which has dominated the global skyline at 1,667 feet since 2004.

Read more about it here.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
It would be really cool to live on the highest floor of such a building.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to visit the highest floor and look out would be cool.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
I don't know if this is true, but i heard somewhere that at such great heights, when you live in an apartment, its slowly "moving" from sides to side, and if you place a glass of water, you can see the water moving, tho i'm not sure if this is true, i just heard it somewhere.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
yeah but if you lived on the bottom, no different. one wai everything collapses on you, and that a lot, and the other you fall with it from a great height

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't collapse, and you can just have parachutes at the top cuz it's tall enough for that.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
I don't know if this is true, but i heard somewhere that at such great heights, when you live in an apartment, its slowly "moving" from sides to side, and if you place a glass of water, you can see the water moving, tho i'm not sure if this is true, i just heard it somewhere.

Time runs( kind of) slower too up there.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I don't know if this is true, but i heard somewhere that at such great heights, when you live in an apartment, its slowly "moving" from sides to side,

Yep, the top floors can sway a few meters back and forth on tall buildings like this.

lol parachutes wont help you if a plane crashes into it.

Skyscrapers are designed to withstand things like this. *coughcough*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.