Devour Cargo & Cargo Hold

Discussion in 'World Editor Help' started by Pigger, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Pigger

Pigger New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    For some reason you cannot have both Cargo Hold (Zepplin) and Devour Cargo on the same unit along with their respective loading abilities and have them both work :S

Is there any way to make them both work that anyone knows of? Otherwise I shall go to plan B!

2. Sim

Sim Forum Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    What is your plan B? :p

Because I believe that since they share the same order string / Id, there's pretty much nothing you can do about it.

3. Pigger

Pigger New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Plan B is to make a turn on/off ability that will switch between the two activatable devours which also switches the two different cargo holding abilities.

Unfortunately that isn't working the greatest either because if you have a unit loaded in another unit, and change the cargo type, the unit that was inside will be lost forever.

4. MoonSlinger

MoonSlinger I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    How about plan C : Trigger your own devour

- Create a region outside playable map and blocked out via line of sight blockers called "stomach"
    - Put an invulnerable unit there with immolation

- When unit devours an enemy, move the enemy unit to the "stomach" where it slowly rots away.
    - Replace "devour" with a "split out" ability which, preferably attached with a special effect
    (for visual representation that unit has something in its stomach)

There are further options of share vision for the unit.

5. Vicboy

Vicboy Ultra Cool Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Or you can make a new "Devour Cargo" Ability and put the maximum number of hold to 2!