Dexter

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
This is probably my favourite crime show ever. Anyone else watch it?
For people that haven't heard of Dexter, here's a brief explanation of what this awesome show is about:

At first glance, you might mistake it for a normal crime show. The main character is Dexter Morgan, a blood splatter analyst for the Miami Homicide Police. However, you'd quickly realise that all is not as it seems. Dexter Morgan has another interest that he indulges at night. He's a serial killer. However, his foster father Harry Morgan, a Miami police officer, saw in Dexter the unstoppable need to kill and trained him to only hunt other killers. Killers that have escaped the legal system. Dexter is a vigilante serial killer, following a very strict set of rules (The Code of Harry) given to him by his foster father.

The books are also great. Can't wait for the fourth one.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Sounds like a mix of the anime, Death Note, and the book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I might give the show a chance. :)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This show is 100% awesome.

Just started watching it and I'm up to the 6th episode right now. Good stuff, I'm hooked.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
This show is really good. I find that I tend to get really into it and just have to watch episode after episode of it. They have just started playing season 5 too :thup:

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
The first and forth season are mind breakers. This show, is totally worth it, you must watch atleast the first season to know what it is, you can't define it with watching just one episode (The end of every season is just... undescribable)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
This show is 100% awesome.

Just started watching it and I'm up to the 6th episode right now. Good stuff, I'm hooked.

Of what season? If it's S5, it's an odd one tbh - I love Dexter and would probably watch it even if the episodes suddenly became shite, but I'm not overly fond of the direction some things are going in. I really hope the writers make something good of it.

The first and forth season are mind breakers.
Most definitely - John Lithgow played his part amazingly well in Season 4.

sqrage

Reaction score
Season 1, Flare.

I'm making quick progress though, maybe I'll be in Season 2 by tonight if I can't sleep again. :D

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
well, some things kinda put me off.

like the language, you'd hear the f word twice every minute or so.

and i have to wonder, do you guys watch it with friends or other people around?
there are a lot of uh.. 'awkward'.. scenes, if you know what i mean. a lot.

Winterherz

Reaction score
well, some things kinda put me off.

like the language, you'd hear the f word twice every minute or so.

and i have to wonder, do you guys watch it with friends or other people around?
there are a lot of uh.. 'awkward'.. scenes, if you know what i mean. a lot.

it's part of the story and i wouldn't skip it...lol

sqrage

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind watching it with friends but I usually watch it at night when I can't sleep.

I don't recall any awkward scenes though...

And the cursing is realistic, at least in my day to day life it is. :)

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Personally, my favourite season so far is 4. John Lithgow did such an amazing job.

>I don't recall any awkward scenes though...
I'm assuming by 'awkward' scenes, 13lade619 meant the various scenes of nudity and sex that occur throughout the series. Don't know what else he'd be referring to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.