Diablo 2 gameplay aspects that need fix in D3

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
What do you think are some?

I, for one, think that the fact that by the time a character reaches Hell difficulty, he has less HP than the monsters. Also, he has much more damage and armor.

That is awkward. It's just... strange for a shiny knight to be like that compared to the monsters. PLUS, duels end too quickly like this, and duels in fantasy are supposed to be kinda long and to require each duelist to try to counter the moves of the opponent. Not just stand here and spam Bone Spirits faster than the enemy stands there and spams weird flying orange little magical hammers. :)

I wonder what other people are displeased with and want to get changed.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I, for one, think that the fact that by the time a character reaches Hell difficulty, he has less HP than the monsters. Also, he has much more damage and armor.
If you outclassed enemies in every aspect, could you honestly classify the difficulty as Hell - I assume the general idea of Hell (and not just in Diablo) would be that it's not supposed to be a very pleasant experience, although that goes out the window once you get yourself some awesome gear and just tear everything that looks funny at you to shreds :p

As regards things I feel need fixing, I have no ideas at the moment. Haven't played Diablo II in ages, and I thought it was just plain awesome regardless of any flaws it may have (although, I probably overlooked them because I was busy Whirlwinding and, you know, whole rose-tinted glasses thing :p). Gonna have a think about that one :)

Ioannes

Reaction score
:)

I was not precise back there - I meant that the ratio of armor+dmg to HP of characters is much higher than that of monsters.

And, the gold in D2 plays a stupid role. It is not necessary for anything else but buying potions, tp scrolls, or resurrecting one's mercenary. There is no point in amassing hundreds of thousands, unless you plan to gamble them. I think that Blizz fixed this in WoW, but it would be nice if gold is actually useful in DiabloIII as well. I'm pretty sure that blizzard will do something.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
>>If you outclassed enemies in every aspect, could you honestly classify the difficulty as Hell - I assume the general idea of Hell (and not just in Diablo) would be that it's not supposed to be a very pleasant experience, although that goes out the window once you get yourself some awesome gear and just tear everything that looks funny at you to shreds

----------------

In Diablo 2:

Normal was Easy
Nightmare was Really Easy
Hell was Frickin' Hard.

If you were not all awesomely spec'd out hell was a massive pain! And in groups of 8, it was harder to do anything in hell then solo, thats counter intuitive.

I also hated the way you had to specialize as a sorceress to be any use. Sorc's sucked the most in Hell becuase of the amount of immunities, and the fact that dual tree sorcs did so much less damage.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
LOL im with pineapple here, i hated hell because it was too hard but i loved it for the same reason, cuz ez things get boring fast. if im not mistaken the only unit that could actually solo hell himself was a hammerdin.....

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
LOL im with pineapple here, i hated hell because it was too hard but i loved it for the same reason, cuz ez things get boring fast. if im not mistaken the only unit that could actually solo hell himself was a hammerdin.....

There is only one area the Hammerdin didn't excel, the Ubers.

Then you needed a Smiter... Though my kicksin was pretty damn good at killing them.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
oh how could i forget the ubers. hammerdins sucked at them yah, but they excelled at gubering, lvl 1-80 in 30 mins for me OH BABY YEAH!

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I think they need to make the ability icons look a little more different from eachother, so that you don't accidently use teleport into the middle of a group of monsters when you meant to use firewall. (I have done this many times) Although I have seen in the gameplay video that the icons are nice and colorful now, so my only problem with the game has already been resolved! (I have also accidently spammed fire golem when I meant to use corpse explosion, my poor poor mana)

edit - they need to add some sort of loot share, so that people don't just make mad grabs for loot from bosses, I have missed out on a lot of gear to people who didn't even need it. Not saying the game should be anything like WoW, but maybe add a rolling system or something.

Ioannes

Reaction score

My IK concentration Barb is able to solo Hell, too :rolleyes:

Yes, loot share is definitely required.

Also, it would be nice to have more filters for open Bnet games. It is inconvenient to not be able to see a list of NM games once you have went to Hell. Or maybe even a search engine :rolleyes:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I was not precise back there - I meant that the ratio of armor+dmg to HP of characters is much higher than that of monsters.
Lol, I had misread your point - I thought you had said that the monsters had higher HP, armor and damage, not that the player had high armor and damage, but less HP :p

And in groups of 8, it was harder to do anything in hell then solo, thats counter intuitive.
Well, it'd make teamwork a more viable option (although, since most people are usually clad in awesome sets/uniques, I've seen few occasions where it actually matters :p).

they need to add some sort of loot share, so that people don't just make mad grabs for loot from bosses, I have missed out on a lot of gear to people who didn't even need it. Not saying the game should be anything like WoW, but maybe add a rolling system or something.
Ye, that's one thing I hate (although, on the off chance I get something, I love it :D) - I recall seeing something mentioned about people only being able to see drops that are useful to them.

Hopefully they will think of something (although, taking another thing from WoW, perhaps a Bind on Pickup mechanism for most, but not all, high-end gear so that people wouldn't be able to roll for gear they can't use, then sell it on). If the gear is a usable improvement, then woot, gear :D If not, you get a bit of spare change from a vendor for it, and probably a hell of a lot of flaming for ninja'ing the item :p

And, the gold in D2 plays a stupid role. It is not necessary for anything else but buying potions, tp scrolls, or resurrecting one's mercenary. There is no point in amassing hundreds of thousands, unless you plan to gamble them. I think that Blizz fixed this in WoW, but it would be nice if gold is actually useful in DiabloIII as well. I'm pretty sure that blizzard will do something.
Agreed. Would be awesome if it was actually a useful commodity for something other than the odd time. Although, the question is, what could they do to make it useful?
Unless, there were certain special things you could acquire with gold like in the Median2008 mod, you could buy a bunch of items for ~600,000 gold that would allow you to summon special bosses in certain locations - could be an idea to give people an incentive to acquire money to give them an oppurtunity to obtain some new equipment :p

Ioannes

Reaction score
Or maybe the vendors wouldn't be selling (s)crap, but really tough items, and maybe even add custom bonuses to weapons... Beyond Act2 Normal, armor vendors are ridiculously useless (unless you really need some high def/dmg item in sp) and have absolutely nothing that any normal player needs. They're only there to repair the scratched gear.
Although the really tough items part above sounds like WoW.

Genkora

Reaction score
Or maybe the vendors wouldn't be selling (s)crap, but really tough items, and maybe even add custom bonuses to weapons... Beyond Act2 Normal, armor vendors are ridiculously useless (unless you really need some high def/dmg item in sp) and have absolutely nothing that any normal player needs. They're only there to repair the scratched gear.

I bought a +2 necromancer skills wand from a vendor on single player, but I never got crap for drops, even with like, 200% better find.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I think the best thing about the game was Khasim, the defencive aura merc from act 2. He should be in D3 for sure.

I'd like a somewhat controllable camera, and talent tree re-specs available (costly, but availble).

Also, no retarded javelin wielding amazon where its like massive multi homing flaming spears of stupid hell-destroying pain. They made the game no fun.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Well, I don't see why there would be anything wrong with using good ideas from other games (and since it's Blizzard-made, you can't really call it stealing, so no harm done? :p).
Regardless of the fact that the games are very different, a good idea is a good idea and if it can be made to work, then there's few reasons not to, right?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
The quick skill bar.

Remove it.

Diablo was about the F# buttons and changing skills. Now its just more like any mmo.

Genkora

Reaction score
The quick skill bar.

Remove it.

Diablo was about the F# buttons and changing skills. Now its just more like any mmo.

nooooo, I want that. I remember the horror of trying to remember where I set certain spells for the sake of not dying, hitting F3 and casting fire golem instead of terror, or something to that degree. It was fine if you only ever used like, three spells, but I always had a knack for using a bunch.

Ioannes

Reaction score
I agree, colored, well-distinguishable skills are easier to use than the F-series. Mostly because when you are watching the screen, you can't pay attention to whether it is F6 or F7 you are pressing.

Although that is half a problem, since you can set the skills to be other keyboard buttons and not F1-12. I have tried to make the whole QWE-OP line of the keyboard to be another line of skill hotkeys (fail, because playing from another computer screws up the skill distribution).

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I liked the F# system. I go with Pine on this one and I had no problem remembering the correct one that I have to press.

The only thing I disliked is the above-said problems with the items sold at the vendor. Useless junk, most of the time :(.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I liked the F# system. I go with Pine on this one and I had no problem remembering the correct one that I have to press.

The only thing I disliked is the above-said problems with the items sold at the vendor. Useless junk, most of the time :(.

This pretty much sums up all I need to say aswell:p

A real gamer does not have to keep track of the keyboard, they just know where the keys are by instinct or something:p

And the shop items could had been a bit better, but in the first 2 or 3 acts they are pretty good unless you have the gold to gamble;)
But that is only in normal, in the other two difficulties they are useless in any act:(

One thing that I never really liked in D2 is those knights in act 4 with the "kill yourself spell", you know what I am talking about (I hope), they are a complete waste beacuse of the incredible damage and attack speed one usually has there.

Also there is the damn fliers in act 2, don't remember what they are called, the ones that fly up in the air sometimes and can't be hit, atleast a ranged character should be able to hit those kind of monsters:eek:

The most wanted thing for me to change in diablo in all future version and diablo 2 for that matter:

Get rid of the F***** Cleglaw set!
Reason: I always find either the shield or gloves when I start a new character, they are always, and I swear, always the first set items I find:(
I am so sick of them that I could puke:banghead:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
That is Iron Maiden, the Necromancers Curse.

It sucks, but just got to find a way to deal with it, In act five there is Blood Mana, damage when spells are cast.

Lastly, you are thinking of the scavengers. I never cared much, they are easy in any difficulty.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.