Well...here's my system specs first off:
HP Pavilion 8760C
733MHz PIII
256 PC133 SDRAM
40GB HD (with plenty of free space)
nVidia TNT2 Vanta AGP w/ 16MB SDRAM
Riptide PCI sound card (SB Compat)
HP CD-RW drive

I got D2 installed apparently fine. But, when I go to play it the screen goes blank and I hear clicking (like the monitor readjusting itself) and that's it. Nothing besides a black screen and I have to unplug my machine to restart.

I have upgraded all of my drivers and installed the latest patch for the game. I am running this off a legit original CD.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
do the vid test again , select 2d instead of 3d (won't make much difference anyways)
set the desktop resolution to 800x600
get new drivers for your vidcard at www.nvidia.com

oh and you do not need to unplug your pc everytime the computer crashes . just keep the power button pressed for 3-10 seconds and it will power down ..

G

Hey Wargasm,

Thanks for the tips. I had tried selecting 2D and changing my resolution to 800x600 before (even 640x480) but that didn't do it.

HOWEVER! I was finally able to play last night. Besides the info above I also have a DVD ROM drive. I never even tried it because I keep seeing that everyone has troubles with theirs. Well...I figured, what the heck and tried to install from there last night after I posted. It seems to be working fine! I guess you never know until you try, right?

Thanks for the response though!

Scott

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yep... Blizzard's copy protection has the side effect of some CD drives being unable to read a legitimate copy

switching to a different drive seems to be the only way to fix it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.