Diablo 2?

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
It is a blizzard game, I beleive it was similar to wow, except older and free. however, it had a story line. If what I hear is true, the diablo 2 battle.net is completely hacked though, so that might lead to problems.

I think at one point it was a good game, but Ive never played it.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>I beleive it was similar to wow

Not nearly.

And I don't think it's worth getting into now, was definitely an excellent game in its time though.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It is as good now as it was when it first came out. The game Rocks Hard! One of the best games of all times. If you have not played it you need to buy it immediately!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
It is a blizzard game, I beleive it was similar to wow, except older and free. however, it had a story line. If what I hear is true, the diablo 2 battle.net is completely hacked though, so that might lead to problems.

I think at one point it was a good game, but Ive never played it.

Its nothing like wow. It is free to play online, it has a good story line, IT IS NOT HACKED, unless you play open battle.net.

It is as good now as it was when it first came out. The game Rocks Hard! One of the best games of all times. If you have not played it you need to buy it immediately!

/echo

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
offtopic: instead of diablo 2 i would suggest fable : the lost chapters

it newer, more fun and cooler

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
offtopic: instead of diablo 2 i would suggest fable : the lost chapters

it newer, more fun and cooler

Isn't fable for Xbox? And does it have online?

And seriously this game owns. I just started re playing like 3 weeks ago, thread here

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score

Words of wisdom, it's fun as hell if you ignore the fact that it's... nearly 10 years old (or there abouts :p) and there's some pretty fun mods if you get bored of the original game (that's prety much what's kept me interested in it)

duyen

Reaction score

I really can't tell if this was sarcasm or not.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I would say it wasn't sarcasm (maybe the last part was a slight exagerration, but it's still worth buying). It's a great RPG and I haven't played many others which would be more fun (although repetitive boss runs can get boring after a while ^^). IMO, buy it. It's about 5-8 euro, so thats about 10-12 dollars? Not exactly a huge price-tag but it's well worth it

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
A great game indeed. Buy it and play through it ASAP whether it's offline or online!

Charge pallys ftw!

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Now I'd get it just to see if it was any better than Jazz Jack Rabbit <3.

Here's why it's better than Jazz Jack Rabbit (a bit of info from the Diablo 2 booklet given with the game talking about Hardcore characters, or characters with one life):

Diablo 2 Booklet said:
Note: Blizzard Entertainment is in no way responsible for your Hardcore character. If you choose to create and play a Hardcore character, you do so at your own risk. Blizzard is not responsible for the death and loss of your hardcore characters for any reason including Internet lag, bugs, Acts of God, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever. Consult the End User License Agreement for more details. Blizzard will not, and does not have the capability to restore any deceased Hardcore characters. Don't even ask. La-la-la-la-la, we can't here you...

Oh, and the gameplay, loot system, PvP awesomeness, and storyline pwn!

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
I don't like diablo :/, and i really have to disagree with "amazing"(that was sarkastic ment) gameplay, there are 4 acts (5 if you have expension) and when you have completet then you have to do them 2 more times in different level of difficulty

Isn't fable for Xbox? And does it have online?
[/URL]

"Fable" is for xbox but "Fable: the lost chapters" is somekind of extended edition for pc. the game is singleplayer.

it rocks:eek:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
there are 4 acts (5 if you have expension) and when you have completet then you have to do them 2 more times in different level of difficulty

Ah, but the items get more fantastical than before(for anyone who has gotten one of those Torches , you would probably know it best ^^), and there's huge replayability since it's going to be very difficult to get a good taste of every skill that one class has in one game i.e. from level 1 to 99, since some of the skills are going to be really weak and won't really show the true potential of the abilities. And the fact that there is 7 classes which makes the above statement x7 ^^

@seph ir oth: lol, good old reliable Blizzard and their acts of god and/or little sisters ^^

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Well, I, for one, do NOT like this game. I tried playing it I had gotten a few friends, I followed them a round for a while. I got a item, I killed a few THOUSAND people, i got another good item, killed MORE people, got a good item, that I discovered I cant use and realized I just wasted about 2 hours to get it. I watched my friend play it some and he killed a boss (used a hack to teleport to it), didnt get the item he wanted, left server, joined new server, did exact same thing, and he did this about 20-30 times before he got a good item, then he traded it. So what I learned from playing it is that it is very repetitive. I guess some people like that though.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Well, I, for one, do NOT like this game. I tried playing it I had gotten a few friends, I followed them a round for a while. I got a item, I killed a few THOUSAND people, i got another good item, killed MORE people, got a good item, that I discovered I cant use and realized I just wasted about 2 hours to get it. I watched my friend play it some and he killed a boss (used a hack to teleport to it), didnt get the item he wanted, left server, joined new server, did exact same thing, and he did this about 20-30 times before he got a good item, then he traded it. So what I learned from playing it is that it is very repetitive. I guess some people like that though.

What do you expect? It's an RPG that goes up to the epic level of 99. You must work for what you want in order to achieve ultimate awesomeness! :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score

Maybe you should learn to place your skill points properly.

Also, you friends are hard core game players. If you want fun play solo. Go through fightning most everything, get some cool items, etc... And its much better. For most people like your friends, its not about playing how the game was designed. Its about maknig there characters maxxed. Its about killing other characters.

Besides, its a repeditive as all other games. "Ok all i do is shoot stuff." "Ok, all I do is drive around." "Ok, all i do is press X to attack." "Ok, all I do is step on the glowing arrows."

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
D2 is a great game. You must look past that repetitive monster killing.

When I played D2, I wanted the best items, not the most fun out of killing random monsters. :D You also want the strongest character. Eventually, if you play Hardcore, you will want to simply stay alive. To stay alive, you need good items. And as such, your quest for greatness starts! :)

Getting items is long, and it requires a bit of luck too. And you can trade (my favourite part). That's all what makes it nice!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.