Diablo 3 being announced?

Turnip

Reaction score
Someone affiliated with Blizzard posted this in a blog...

http://jadefury.blogspot.com/2008/06/new-blizzard-game-to-be-announced-soon.html

"Hell has finally frozen over." Diablo anyone?

Have you tried going to Diablo3.com recently? It was acquired by Blizzard from the owner of a Diablo fan site. (Now diablofans.com) It usually directs to Blizzard.com, but now it is down and you can not connect to it. Perhaps they are working on it?

http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/04.jpg (An image is going to be released each day for a week. Notice the 04? The fourth letter in the alphabet is D. Diablo 3 is 7 letters. 7 days until a new game is announced. Hmmm.... :) )

According to a Facepunch member, 232309 translates to WWI in the alphabet letter theory. WWI = World Wide Invitational

When was Diablo 2 and it's expansion released? On June 28 + 29. During the World Wide Invitational.

With the hell freezing over image, the numbers, and the diablo 3 website, its pretty obvious Diablo 3 is coming. :)

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
This is kinda weird if you think about it, blizzard already has their extremely popular rp'game' (More like crack) that has sold 10 million copies, and now they are gonna make a new RPG. I thought Diablo was pretty much dead in terms of development, I don't think blizzard has a released a patch in ages and everything is old n stuff. Also, blizz is developing starcraft 2 along with WotLK, lots of games to develop at the same time o_O - Heopfully D3 isn't a mindless addictive game like WoW :D. Yay for D3!

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
Now it seems realistic that It is an announcement to Diablo 3. Why would they make a whole teaser for a game pre-announced? Did the Burning Crusade have a teaser like this, I don't think so and Blizzard does this kinda thing for new games, happened with SC2.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
It's not going to be like WoW.
Think about it...

Why would Blizzard, the company behind the cash cow World of Warcraft, take members from their member base of WoW, and put them into D3. For them to make another MMO like WoW ( Meaning, Leaving up, blah blah ) would be a waste, and their just going to hurt themselves.

Methinks that it will be like it was with DII, with the servers you can make, only 3D. If it was a WoW Style MMO, I don't think it would go over very big.
Also, if they are just now getting a team together, I don't think they would "officially" announce it without even having a team.

http://www.blizzard.com/us/jobopp/art-lead-3d-environment-artist.html
"Next Gen MMO"

Hmm...

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
sick i still have diabo I lol and i played it the other day and people still play it i set a sever up for me and my bro named lol password lol and someone came in and my net was lagging like crazy because i didn't have the bandwidth xD for diabo I I'm looking froward to it

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
Senior 3D Environment Artist

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a senior 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both architectural and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The senior environment artist must have experience mentoring a team and have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
3D Environment Artist

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both objects and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The environment artist must have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
Associate 3D Environment Artist

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for an associate 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both objects and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The associate environment artist must have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Why would they randomly mention that they developed diablo and diablo II? I think anyone going for this job already knows what games bizz makes... Sounds to me like Diablo Three!

Plus, assuming they can get most of the diablo II team to work on this, what would they need for diablo III? 3D artists!

On a seperate note, take a look at this:
http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice1.jpg - Day 1 splash screen
http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice2.jpg - Day 2 splash screen

Seems they are "revealing" parts of the image every day.
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=d2-general&t=1367163&p=1&#post1367163
That post mentions that there may be a demon under the ice and every day parts of the ice will "chip away".

Im going to try and keep track of everything going on in these images so heres my first one:
http://crimsonmercs.com/d3.png

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Even if Diablo 3 is coming, the storyline must be quite interesting. Usually you'd think that with the worldstone destroyed, that all has come to an end. I wonder how blizzard would explain the continuation of this great series through lore.

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
http://crimsonmercs.com/d3r.png

After changing the Hue many lines can be seen leading into the ice.

Whois Record for: diablo3.com
(as at Jun-24-2008 11:40 -0400 GMT)

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WhoIs database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:
Blizzard Entertainment Blizzard Entertainment

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: DIABLO3.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS-WEST.CERF.NET
NS-EAST.CERF.NET

easywhois.com gave me that - GO GO DIABLO 3!

Turnip

Reaction score
You know those circles? They are diablo runes.

helruned3fy6.jpg

This is a heavily edited version of the original image on the blizzard website. The symbol is highlighted in red, then has an overlay of a Diablo rune.

A perfect match.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
You know those circles? They are diablo runes.

helruned3fy6.jpg

This is a heavily edited version of the original image on the blizzard website. The symbol is highlighted in red, then has an overlay of a Diablo rune.

A perfect match.

yea, already got that comparision in one of the other 2 threades about the exact same thing. Heh.

Diablo3Proof2.jpg

Diablo3Proof1.jpg

Turnip

Reaction score
We already know of Starcraft and Warcraft games being created, hence the Arthas and Starcraft whatever. The only thing left is the Diablo game... in the middle.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.