Diablo 3 being announced?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't really care for Diablo. It's not an RTS game :p

Starcraft.. Meh.. I don't like future games too much.

It's all about Warcraft for me xD

And I'm happy about this because it means we're just another step closer to wc4 :D

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
i know right...I never played Diablo 1 and 2 but i'm sure as hell gonna buy 3 along with starcraft 2 :thup:

Rad

Reaction score
I wonder in how far you can customize your chars, HG:L did a good job there( - body customization + dye kits etc.).

The hair color and other customization was a waste though. You cover it up with helms anyway. Even your armor doesn't look the same on other people's computer. Those bright-colored tubes on those one pants don't actually shine for other players. Even if they have high graphics. Although I did like being able to color all your armor based on one piece of gear. The dye kits didn't look very good though. I had the lava. Spent a good 2 weeks with the game and haven't played it since. Unlike diablo 2... which has replay value.

Diablo had cool customization with gems, although in LOD using gems was almost a waste of a socket due to the runewords and high runes. I really disliked LODs rune/charm system. Also, has anyone noticed you cant change the color of the blade on a crystal sword anymore? They're always blue, you can only change the color of the hilt. I used to love running around with two black crystal swords thanks to skulls. Don't know why they changed it.

I wonder what they'll do with the cow level. They must have one planned out. I wonder if the cow king will actually have a crown or something? Will you still use wirts leg? Will you still find a cube?

It's hard to describe why diablo is such a good game to someone who has never played it... Tried getting one of my friends into it. Didn't really work. He didn't get past level 20, never even did a baal run. Not even a taste of diablo, but he claims the games boring still. Sucks for him.

And if you don't like the game, then stop posting about Warcraft 4. It didn't happen. Wait your turn.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
D3's cow level will most likely be that wierd penguin image. Penguin Level, Giant penguins that shoot ice or something.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
I had the lava. Spent a good 2 weeks with the game and haven't played it since.

The main problem with HG:L was that it was not finished - imo.
I didn't play it either... since ~December,
I heard that they greatly improved 'everything' though.

(I had/have the WASP, imo the( own) chars looked pretty good.
Btw. you also can change body proportions in HG:L if I am not mistaken.)

Demi666

Reaction score
Diablo III Unveiled!!(Its announced)

http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/index.xml

Omg omg omg omg :D!!!!!! OMG!! :D

I cant wait for this to come out, im not sure this topic is alrdy made our w/e but i do know that D3 Will be awesome

Here is a bit from its FAQ

Can you give an overview of Diablo III's storyline?

It has been twenty years since the events of Diablo II. Of those who faced the Lords of Hatred, Terror, and Destruction in the battle over the fate of Sanctuary, there are few still living who can bear to remember the horrors that the Prime Evils wrought upon the world. And of those who did not witness the terrible events firsthand, most believe the stories to be little more than myth. But something evil is stirring once again in Tristram, and it may already have claimed its first victim: Deckard Cain.

When will Diablo III be released?

It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players.

Will the game be released in multiple countries? Will the release be simultaneous? Which countries and what languages will Diablo III be localized in?

As with all of our games, our goal with Diablo III is to release the game simultaneously in as many regions as possible, and to localize the game in several languages. We'll have more details to share about countries, languages, and specific dates as we get closer to release.

What is Diablo III?

We’re developing Diablo III to be the definitive action role-playing game, and a true continuation of the Diablo series. Players will create a hero from one of five distinct classes, such as barbarian or witch doctor, each equipped with an array of spells and abilities. As these heroes adventure through rich and varied settings, unraveling an epic storyline and engaging in combat with hordes of monsters and challenging bosses, they’ll grow in experience and ability and acquire items of incredible power.

The game takes place on Sanctuary, a world of dark fantasy. Unbeknownst to most of its inhabitants, Sanctuary was saved some twenty years ago from the demonic forces of the underworld by a few brave and powerful heroes. Most of those warriors who directly faced the armies of the Burning Hells -- and were fortunate enough to survive -- went mad from their experiences. And most of the others have buried their haunted memories and pushed the horrors from their thoughts. In Diablo III, players will return to Sanctuary to confront evil in its many forms once again.

Diablo III will be a fitting sequel to Diablo II, with the easy interface, fast-paced action, and visceral gameplay that Diablo players have come to expect and enjoy. It will also include many new features that will take the Diablo action-RPG experience to the next level. We look forward to going into much more detail on our plans for Diablo III as development on the game progresses.

Really! i cant wait for this to get out o,O D2 was my first computer game, i was actually ranked #6 on it with my level 99 Amazon

Anyways if this topic already been made tell me and i used search function
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/search.php?searchid=874667
none found!!

HAVE FUN!!

Rad

Reaction score
Yeah when HG:L came out it was very unfinished. You would get stuck on just about every car, box, wire...flat ground... etc. When I got the guardians charge ability my friend got jealous because I was able to get out of being stuck :p

Also the leaping things would freeze in midair, they still do that too according to my friend. They fixed Nightmare though, where you go from fighting level 28's to 32's to fighting level 40's at picadilly circus (Where you're only around level 30). It's actually possible to play now, so I could go play my guardian and beat the game on nightmare now.

Anyway this thread is for Diablo 3, although I could go on ranting about the game that let me down the most EVER for quite awhile...

I put the gameplay trailer on my zune :)

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
i know right...I never played Diablo 1 and 2 but i'm sure as hell gonna buy 3 along with starcraft 2 :thup:

Play through Diablo 1 and 2 on Normal by yourself sometime first! After that, try out Diablo 2 online; it's almost a whole different game!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I read through everything released.

"Then it started to go wrong. We began encountering these, these dark...things...imps or demons...or fallen, I think they're called.

The game will have fallens :)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Diablo 2 was IMO the first Blizzard game to set the benchmark in terms of it's cinematics. Starcraft 1 cinematics were also great, but in D2 their rendering of the human form (and human animation) was miles ahead of SC1.

Go buy and play the game if you haven't already.... and lose yourself in those brilliant cinematics.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Blasphemy :D Can't believe that there's people out there who don't like Diablo :nuts:

Oh well.. I like mapping more than anything to be honest. And RTS games are better for that. I prefer to play RTS games as well btw :D

so uhh...I guess we wait for WarCraft IV...

Yup...

Diablo 2 was IMO the first Blizzard game to set the benchmark in terms of it's cinematics. Starcraft 1 cinematics were also great, but in D2 their rendering of the human form (and human animation) was miles ahead of SC1.

Go buy and play the game if you haven't already.... and lose yourself in those brilliant cinematics.

I've played Diablo 2 and have the expansion. (I recently traded my CD-key for an RoC one xD)
It was a good game :) I just prefer Warcraft.

Then again.. We'll see... I might change my mind about it >.<

Reaction score

All of the cinematics between acts can be found within Cain's Journal, too, if someone wants to see them.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just watched the Gameplay trailer of Diablo III.
It's actually looking better than I thought it would xD

I wonder if you can map on it :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Diablo died, as did his brothers.

When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of
Tristram's Cathedral seeking clues to new
stirrings of evil, a comet from the heavens strikes
the very ground where Diablo once entered the
world. The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery
being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to
defend the mortal world against the rising powers
of the Burning Hells – and even the failing
luminaries of the High Heavens itself.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.