Diablo 3 Character Classes

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
The Diablo 3 demo introduced us two character classes: the Barbarian, known from the previous episode, and the Witch Doctor.

Now, the D3 FAQ tells us that there will be five classes total, like in Diablo 2.

FAQ said:
How many character classes are included in Diablo III? What are they?

Five character classes will be included in the game, two of which, the barbarian and witch doctor, were revealed when the game was announced at the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational. The other classes will be announced at a later date.

The question is, what will be the 3 other remaining classes? A re-do of Assassin, the Rogue familiar from Diablo 1 or something else?

I personally hope we still get to see and play the Paladin.

What a fun character to crush the minions of hell with!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Amazons used to be the best with the scroll cheat thing. :p

Having a Sorc is pretty much a given. Wonder if they'd make the Paladin have a more healing based tree. (Did it in D2? I don't remember)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I don't think Paladin was much of a healer other than Prayer and Redemption I think (never played him much, so I don't really know) but it would be a good idea to make him more of a healer, but those orb drops would probably do a better job of healing :)

scroll cheat
Scroll cheat? :O Never heard of this (even though I didn't play D2 online much due to rubbish internet at the time)

KeresPup

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is on topic, but you guys should already know that there are some sort of character customization now right?

ss5.jpg

Yes, there are female barbarians. Barbarians need Barbarian Females to make Barbarian babies. What did you think? That they come out of petri dishes?

My thought: The names of the classes will suit both genders (So no Sorceress or Amazon as a name). Probably: Wizard, Hunter, Crusader... eww... that sounded so RO.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I think there will be a ranger/assassin hybrid, a defensive melee class, and a mage type class.

I wished they would include alot more classes in D3, kinda disappointed.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why not a Priest intead of a Paladin?

Then the other 2 would be Wizard and Ranger, or something along these lines.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I think we can be rather sure of having a mage type class in the game, and the paladin, else I think blizzard would make a very big mistake. And heck, the sorc class is just awesome.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
I know sorc and paladin will still be there. I know blizzard won't risk killing them off. I just hope the 5th is a necro. They'll just add the other classes possibily in an expansion or patch.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Hope they come out with more than 5 classes, at least at some point maybe nt right away. Def gonna be a mage class, and I think it would be better to make pally more of a healer he was just so easy to play in D2 IMO

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Healer? Nope.

did you see the game paly trailer? You dont need a healer. He can have healing, but it is not needed.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
They shouldn't make a healer for a game that's highly single player.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Diablo is highly single player, but they should make it somewhat difficult for pally's in some way.

Reaction score
This post, I think, says it pretty much the same way that I think about what the classes will be. I wonder why? :rolleyes:
The Barbarian filled the role of a melee damage dealer, the same it was in Diablo 2.
The Witch Doctor filled the role of a summoner, along with the turn-enemies-against eachother etc role.
There is propably going to be a caster-type character that excels in dealing damage, among the lines of the Sorceress and the Sorceror.
One character is propably going to be an Amazon-Rogue type of a ranged warrior, might have some aspects of the Assassin, too.
And one final slot is avaible, possibly for a melee fighter, too, Paladin or some other kind of a fighter that's more defensive than the Barbarian.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.