Diablo 3 Release Date

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Jedimindtrixxx, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Jedimindtrixxx

Jedimindtrixxx ┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    is pushed back to early 2012.

yeah... im not surprised. this IS blizzard we are dealing with. oh well more chance for getting into beta now i suppose.

Blog Link

2. Dan

Dan The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;

Ratings:
    +160 / 1 / -0
    I'm heartbroken.

3. Jedimindtrixxx

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    it was to be expected. and at least we know blizzard is actually trying to make the game good rather than release a bugged product. ive waited many years, 3 months isnt going to make too much of a difference.

4. Sevion

Sevion The DIY Ninja

Ratings:
    +423 / 0 / -0
    Except for you attitude on Skype...

5. Jedimindtrixxx

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    Beta =/= Release, kthxbai

6. tommerbob

tommerbob Minecraft. :D

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    I wonder WTF Blizzard is doing over there besides twittling their thumbs for the past 4 years.

7. Jedimindtrixxx

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    They've stated that they are going to be making changes to the Demon Hunter, and apperently are still working on runes or something. also 4 years ago the only classes we knew about were barb and witch doc.

EDIT: Apperently the delay is because of battle.net. some guy says the game is more or less done, but the battle.net team needs more time, which is why the game dev team is still doing minor things, to try and polish the game further for release.

8. Rhydian

Rhydian New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    im more suprised by this than i ought to be. considering how many wow expansions i've sat through that have been delayed

9. Sevion

Sevion The DIY Ninja

Ratings:
    +423 / 0 / -0
    'Twas joke, kthxbai.

10. Jedimindtrixxx

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    i still am upset about lack of beta wave invites tho :(. Gdamnit bliz!

11. Dan

Ratings:
    +160 / 1 / -0
    On August 1st Jay spoke about a possible change in the rune system (adding affixes when they are socketed + starting off unattuned) and It has been confirmed to be the direction they went. Because this is an entire system being added, they need more time. Battle.net and the RMAH seem to be reasonable delayers as well. As far as bugs, those can be patched easily. There are no bugs that are gameplay stopping atm. I don't think you should expect any later than January tbh. They were ready for December, this pushback is going to put serious stress on their funding already.

12. Bloodcount

Bloodcount Starcraft II Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps they will make it like they did it with cataclysm and SCII ? Like, DIII comes out, followed by HOTS ? Time will tell. ^_^

13. Jedimindtrixxx

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    i hope the distance between HOTS and D3 is AT LEAST a month, i dont think i can buy both at the same time and keep my sanity

14. Dan

Ratings:
    +160 / 1 / -0
    what is HOTS ??

oh... Heart of the Swarm. You are sneaky.

15. Bloodcount

Bloodcount Starcraft II Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Another day, another beta invite disappointment.

16. Jedimindtrixxx

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    Dont need to worry bout checking weekends :p

17. AgentPaper

AgentPaper From the depths, I come.

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Key word is "typically". Sure, most of the invites will go out during business hours, but there's a chance they'll go out at pretty much any time. Who knows, you could be missing valuable playing time RIGHT NOW!

Muahaha.

18. Jedimindtrixxx

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    d/w i check every day of every minute, even though i know it wont be during said times, i just dont get dissapoint when its not there when i am checking during off times/days.

19. Dan

Ratings:
    +160 / 1 / -0
    I keep throwing away beta invites. I have too many of them cluttering up my account page. It's really ridiculous, they should give some to somebody else.