Diablo 3 Storyline?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
did they release any news on the diablo 3 storyline yet? cuz i really cant wait for it. imo diablo has one of the best storylines ever (halo and diablo best storylines. i liked the Wc3 storyling but diablo beats it) so im rly interested if any1 has any news on storyline.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/faq/#1_4

The game takes place on Sanctuary, a world of dark fantasy. Unbeknownst to most of its inhabitants, Sanctuary was saved some twenty years ago from the demonic forces of the underworld by a few brave and powerful heroes. Most of those warriors who directly faced Hell’s armies -- and were fortunate enough to survive -- went mad from their experiences. And most of the others have buried their haunted memories and pushed the horrors from their thoughts. In Diablo III, players will return to Sanctuary to confront evil in its many forms once again.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
dude are you kidding me diablo has the most epic storyline ever. i love it. and not just love, im in love with it. i would marry it if i could and have babies with it. :p
thanks for that cheesy, never saw that. i culd sorta tell it would take place on sanctuary lol, aint taking place on mars, but it still gave me some more info.

>Most of those warriors who directly faced Hell’s armies -- and were fortunate enough to survive -- went mad from their experiences
makes me wonder....

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Yes, offers some interesting speculation for what drives the characters through the story. :)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
hmm you make a very good point, but im not fully about the whole storyline and like what happens, but things like whos the main boss, is deckard cain alive, etc.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
But that ruins the whole mystery throughout the game.

It's like finding our someone you thought you killed in the last game happens to be waiting for you in the game, but you don't want to know that, you want to discover it for yourself while playing! [At least I do]

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Cain's alive.

I'm a little disappointed. According to this, if I play D2, I'm playing in the past. And if I lose... I die. And if I win... I go insane.

So... Why bother? :(

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
lol seth it was even worse for d1
if you lose you die if you win ur DIABLO

and how u know cains alive? or is it a feeling?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Saw it somewhere... On the D3 site.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Cain's alive.

I'm a little disappointed. According to this, if I play D2, I'm playing in the past. And if I lose... I die. And if I win... I go insane.

So... Why bother? :(

But being insane is awesome.

lol seth it was even worse for d1
if you lose you die if you win ur DIABLO

and how u know cains alive? or is it a feeling?

Watch the official trailer on the D3 site. He is in it.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
That's quite an ignorant statement.

Story drives players through a game, makes us care about characters, and makes the game fun.

Go and play any game where there are no characters doing anything, just faceless men shooting / killing people for no reason, non-stop. Not very fun is it?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Why are you people surprised about going insane? Sure, the Dark Wanderer in D2 (Diablo) is you're hero from Diablo 1, and that is the warrior (i believe, as the warrior is the only one not appearing in D2 (although i could be mistaken >.<)

Blood Raven is the rogue from Diablo 1, and The Summoner is the mage, or so it's speculated ^^

I just hope our saviour (Tyrael) manages to stay sane, he was the biggest boost to the mortals ^^

Edits:
Was right ^^
The Warrior from the first Diablo becomes the Dark Wanderer in Diablo 2. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Warrior
Some believe that Bloodraven is actually the rogue hero in Diablo 1. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue
The Summoner is the Sorcerer from Diablo I, driven to madness by the Lord of Terror. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Summoner

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Go and play any game where there are no characters doing anything, just faceless men shooting / killing people for no reason, non-stop. Not very fun is it?

You just mentioned the perfect time killing game:thup:

I played D2 for the story at first but it was the items that kept me coming back for more^^

They have mentioned some boss at some point, I posted it in some thread here but none cared about it:( Just for that I am going to look it up:D
I'll be back.

Edit:
I just remembered what it was. I read somewhere that Azmodan was confirmed to be in the game or hinted to be.
And it was the three soulstones that was destroyed. I don't think that either of the prime evils is dead, they are just banished back to hell again.
With the three in sanctuary with Duriel and Andariel leaves the rest of the lesser evils fighting over hell in D2, that probably makes Azmodan and Belial even more powerful and probably they will be with us in D3. And I am almost certain that Diablo will be in the game some how, he just has to be.

Yes, I think I might have something here.
The worldstone is gone which probably means that the barriers protecting Sanctuary is gone. This would explain why the demons just walked right out from the ground in one of the teasers.
It will probably be a war between heaven and hell taking place in sanctuary :)

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
from watching the old trailer.. and from the link above, there are some things i speculate...

well there's the meteor thing that awoke the prime evils again.

and mainly, that Leah is somewhat an oracle that saw what was going to happen (and meybe she's the new narrator as some sources say...).

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
I get the feeling she is related to Cain, or atleast he is her mentor. But I have no proof of this, it's just what I think after seeing diffrent sources.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
http://diablowiki.net/Leah said:
Be as it may, it is clear that there is some significance to the appearance on the cinematic trailer, as these take a substantial amount of time to prepare. Any random NPC may be dropped out of the game as the development progresses but Leah was important enough to be put in the trailer which they had to begin working on months before the game announcement.
well yeah..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.