AoS Diablo AoS - End of the Conflict

FatalBlade

Reaction score
I want to introduce a new map, for a beta testing - Diablo AOS.

wallpaper009-800x600.jpg

Author: FatalBlade
Genre: AOS
Number of Players: 10 (5 on 5)
Size: 128 x 128
Land Type: Jungle (Sunken Ruins)

Description and Review

It's gameplay is similar to DOTA, but with much differences:

Gameplay

- Heroes can choose skills, 3 out of 9, with which they will play along the game. The are 3 skill trees, each tree has 3 skills. You choose 1 skill for each position on the panel. There is also an ultimate skill, the 4-th skill, that can be learned only at 12 level. Actually, with this system, each hero has 27 variations of development, which can be much different from each other. Each variation is a different style of playing.

- 10 Heroes for each side (it's not many, but with the choosing-skills system each hero can be as many different heroes)

- 40 levels for heroes.
- Nearly 180 items.
- Realistic, dynamic and not-standard skills.
- Nice landscape.
- Mobs and Neutral Creeps get slightly upgraded from time to time.
- 4 Neutral Bosses - Azmodan, Belial, Andariel and Duriel, that should be killed in party, not alone.
- Bosses have their own AI, they will use skills in some situations.
- Elite mobs instead of Towers, who fight

- Instead of World Tree and The Throne as the main quest objects, there are 2 main Bosses: Tyrael at the Good side, and Diablo at the Bad sidfe. As Bosses, they will also fight those who try to kill them, and both have their AI.

- New and original damage-in-line system for mage-classes. Each nuke of the mages' attack does line damage, in front of the hero. The I|ntelligence Stat and Magical Weapons increase the line damage and decrease cooldown. Also the Hero Level affects the damage. Fixed bug from the previous version, that those nukes could interrupt other hero's abilities.

- When your hero gains a level, he gets 5 Stat Points, like in the Diablo game series. You can choose what Stat you want to increase for your hero. For that, you have 30 seconds. If you don't distribute the Stat Points with 30 seconds, they will be distributed automatically, using the best setting for the current character class.

- When a unit dies, each player sees the amount of gold he has been rewarded for that unit. Actually, I mean Floating Text.) The same is the damage of the mages' nukes are shown.

- There are tutorials in the game, which can be turned on and off using chat commands "-helpon" and "-helpoff". The language of the tutorials can be changed between russian and english, using the "-eng" and "-rus" commands, to English or Russian accordingly.

- Fighting Bosses is complicated and interesting. The bosses summon minions or cast spell at certain HP levels. They also have some speech replies.

- When a boss dies, everybody gets rewards of Reputation Points, Stat Points and Gold. The amount of these depends on the damage the entire team has dealth to the boss.

- The system described above is more fair to the players. If a team was farming a boss, until it had a very low HP level, and a hero from the opposing team has come and made the last hit, he would not get all the rewards, only what he deserves according to the damage he had dealt.

- Player counting system is applied. The more active players are in the game, the more Exp and Gold will be gained for killing creeps and enemy heroes.

- Backstab. When a melee-rogue class using an immediate damaging spell at an enemy unit from the back, the damage will be doubled, and there will be a floating text above the target, that says "Backstab!"

Item craft, Equip system, Reputation, Multi-Traders, Herbs

- Multi-traders. There are 2 merchants - 1 is armor merchant, 2 is weapon merchant. For example is you click the Weapon Merchant, it will show you various types of weapons: Swords, Daggers, Bows, Staffs, Axes and etc. When you choose for example Swords, it will show you all the swords the merchant sells. You can return to the category menu and choose Bows, then it will show you all the bows it sells. The same is with Armor Merchant.

- Realistic equip system. A hero cannot equip 2 weapons, or 2 armors, or 2 helmets... Each party of equipment must be 1.
- There are categories of equipment, like Helmet, Boots, Gloves, Armor, Weapon.
- Each category has its own sub-category. Armor has 3 subs: Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Robe. Same is Gloves and Boots. Weapons have 9 sub-categories, like Swords, Axes, Bows and etc.

- All items are available for all classes, but there are a few restrictions: Mage-Type heroes can equip only Magic Weapons, Ranged-Type heroes can equip only Bows and Crossbows, Melee-Type heroes cannot equip Bows and Crossbows.

- Unlike in Dota, where every item is crafted from different other low-level items, here the craft system is based on Ladders. For example if you have level 1 Sword, then you can upgrade it only to level 2 Sword, which is upgrade to level 3 Sword, and etc. upto level 7 (Epic).

- To upgrade an item, you must have the item that the upgrade requires, plus a certain amount of Gold, and a certain amount of Reputation Points. Reputation Points will not be substructed from the hero when you upgrade an item. It's just a requirement (your reputation), not a resource.

When you have enough Reputation Points to upgrade an item, you will be notificated for that.

- There are 7 weapons for each sub-category. Since they are upgraded by "ladder" system, we can devide them into levels. So, weapon of 6 and 7 level, can be socketed, like in the Diablo 2 game. Socket is an effect added to the weapon. It gives certain additional bonuses to the hero that equips the weapon. Its also visually shown on the weapon in game. The bonuses are written in the item's description.

- There are 4 types of Sockets: Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst, Sapphire. Each of them gives different bonuses. The bonuses depend not only on the socket types, but also on the type of weapon it is inserted to.

- Sockets are added by an NPC. You place the weapon into its inventory, and add a socket into it by one of 4 abilities, that add the desirable socket.

- The armor is devided into 12 sets. There are 4 Heavy Armor sets, 4 Light armor sets, and 4 Robe sets. When a hero equips all the parts of a set, he gains bonuses. Which bonuses are given for the current set, and what else parts are required to gain the bonuses, is written in the description of each part of the set.

- Every set consists Chest, Helmet, Gloves and Boots. While the hero equips a set, he has a buff on himself, that shows the player which set is equipped.

- There is a list of various achievement that the hero or a team can accomplish to get Reputation Points, like First Blood, or killing an enemy hero within 6 seconds, or kill a Boss, or get level 24 before all other heroes, or the team must kill more enemy heroes then the other team, within 3 minutes and etc...

- Herb dropping system: all mobs and creeps drop herbs, that when a hero walks over them, they automatically disappear, healing his health or mana. They don't need to be targeted as items to be picked..

Screenshots

3Fb240EL.jpg

erq74o4a.jpg

Ok4ejzHo.jpg

tBdZi8Lj.jpg

iE9l2MR0.jpg

5wmqVknk.jpg

RTPSsU5T.jpg

IE4Xp38k.jpg

77vnRYs3.jpg

mUZx575Z.jpg

17vjtlSx.jpg

3BOu4YaC.jpg

4yGtDYhq.jpg

OWSUguGR.jpg

bV3u3G3R.jpg

83Et4DYS.jpg

QNDrP3Xc.jpg

Download
Version: v1.0
File: [URL=http://www.epicwar.com/maps/208653/]Diablo AoS v1.0[/URL]

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Looks decent, also your screenshots are extremely blurry.

Do all the heros have that same icon? I haven't tested the map, just looking at the screenies.
Also, one of your models looks fairly topless, lol.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Looks like you've put a lot of effort into this and certainly well made as far as the Spells/Armor/Weapon/Heroes work, but, the terrain seemed just to empty, at the lanes, perhaps you can figure something out regarding that ;) , other than that, best of luck its looks great :thup:

FatalBlade

Reaction score
Looks like you've put a lot of effort into this and certainly well made as far as the Spells/Armor/Weapon/Heroes work, but, the terrain seemed just to empty, at the lanes, perhaps you can figure something out regarding that ;) , other than that, best of luck its looks great :thup:

I think its neccessary to leave the lines empty, because decorations will block the path for running creeps, and that will make much mess.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
It's also easier to land skillshots (considering there are skillshots) if the terrain is flat and not overspammed with doodads. AoS terraines are supposed to be simple and not attention-grabbing, it's an essential part of this genre.

The current version has been in my "asd" folder for a while (all the new stuff goes there; the Download one is full of maps, even though it contains many folders; I have like 3 Gbytes of WC3 maps) but unfortunately I haven't had enough time recently to test it. It has some neat system ideas tho' (that's what mostly matters for me)

I'm also working on an AoS myself BTW with my friends, you can check the development thread if you're interested.

FatalBlade

Reaction score
It's also easier to land skillshots (considering there are skillshots) if the terrain is flat and not overspammed with doodads.

The current version has been in my "asd" folder (all the new stuff goes there; the Download one is full of maps, even though it contains many maps; I have like 3 Gbytes of WC3 maps) but unfortunately I haven't had enough time recently to test it.

I'm also working on an AoS myself BTW with my friends, you can check the development thread if you're interested.

Yep I saw you AoS on Hive. Love the new stats system. )

FatalBlade

Reaction score
New version Beta v0.99 released:

- The map loading time has been reduced by 3 times!!! It now loads within 15 seconds, instead of the previous 40-45 seconds!!!

- The 0.98 version had a desyncronization in online game. Fixed in the current v0.99!

- The most annoying thing about the damage-in-line system for mage-classes has been fixed. Previously, if after a mage-class hero had cast his attacking-immitation spell, he was ordered to attack another target before the cooldown finished, the hero was moving towards the new target. Now, however, when ordered a new target before the cooldown finished, the hero will just stand and wait for the cooldown. When the spell is ready again, the hero will attack(cast it) at the new target. Now it is a perfect immitation of a simple attack.

- The landscape has been a little bit changed. Many passage were added, especially near the center of the map, and at the corners, where the side creep-line turn. It allows more maneuvers between the lines. Also, it is now possible to hide behind rocks, trees, walls, bushes and columns. This is perfect, because now you can surprise your opponents.

- The amount of tutorial spawning has been reduced. Tutorials appear less frequently. Some of them even don't appear periodically, only when you do something in the game that may need an explanation. For example, the tutorial about the weapon Socket. It will appear for a player only the first time he buys a weapon that can be socketed.

- There is also a limit for the amount of tutorials a player can see. If the limit is exceeded, he will see no more tutorials.

- Player counting system is applied. The more active players are in the game, the more Exp and Gold will be gained for killing creeps and enemy heroes.

- Backstab. When a melee-rogue class using an immediate damaging spell at an enemy unit from the back, the damage will be doubled, and there will be a floating text above the target, that says "Backstab!"

- The Elite units have been strengthtened, as well as the bounty for them.

- The mana cost of many non-mage classes' spells has been reduced. The mana cost of many Auto-cast spells has been greatly reduced.

- The Strafe skill has been changed. Now it is not an Auto-cast spell. It activates and deactivates at command, but darins no mana. The number of the maximum targets can be hit when the skill is active - is 6 for all levels. However, when this skill is active, the damage is greatly reduced. With each level the reducing percent is lower.

- The Magic Arrows skill now deals a fixed damage bonus to heroes, and its animation is shown only when a hero is attacked.

- Almost all the summoned units have been nerfed, especially the Golem of Necromancer.

- Leoric and its Demon Form have been nerfed. Their armor type is now weaker. They can no longer be tank+summoners.

- Druid's ultimate spell is now Werewolf Form, that turns him into a werewolf with dual swords. This skill goes instead of the Volcano spell.

- The bug with Demon King's double death is fixed.

- Ultimate spells for all classes are now available only on 20 level.

- The Necklace of Nephalem item now works with different algorythm. In game it works the same, but the bugs with transferring this item from one inventory to another is fixed.

- The socket adding way from the Blacksmith has been changed. Now you don't have to put the weapon to his inventory. Just approach the Blacksmith and click on the Socket type you want. Your weapon will be socketed.

FatalBlade

Reaction score
I wasn't here for a long time, and I won't be here at the next 3 weeks, but I'm still working at my map! The next version - v1.0 will be released in 1-2 month, and it won't be Beta. My primary goal for the next version is the balanse between classes. I cannot promise a perfect overall balanse, but I will get it to a decent level. Maybe (just Maybe) there will be a new landscape. I don't promise that.

I need your advises about what should be changed/replaced/removed in my map. Fortunately, the amount of bugs in v0.99 is very low, but still can be found. I will not be adding anything new, except maybe some new skills for some classes, instead of the old ones. But there must be a good reason to make me do so. Even here I need your advises.

What would you like to see in the upcomming 1.0 version. There is enough time for all of your ideas.

FatalBlade

Reaction score
I'm gonna release the 1.0 version maybe in 2-3 weeks. What do you think I should change/fix. I've already found and fixed some bugs. Maybe you found something I didn't? And what about the balanse?

FatalBlade

Reaction score
I have released the 1.0 version of Diablo AoS. Its not Beta anymore!

1) - Triggers have been optimized. There is now only 1 trigger for all spells, that contains all the function for different spells. The Init_Triggers for those functions run ONLY when a player has chosen a hero/spell. When there is nothing in the game that refers to the function, it will not even initiate. Well, anyway, the map now runs faster.

2) - The heroes were better balansed, especially in 1 on 1 games.

3) - The bug with the Delusion spell, which allowed it to be used on Tyrael is fixed. It works only on creeps, no heroes, no bosses. The spells copies an enemy unit, but the copy of course will serve the hero that used the spell.

4) - Many of the AoE spells were nerfed, due to their high effectiveness in the late game, where a wave of creeps could be killed with one cast.

5) - The health upgrade percent of the creeps is higher now.

6) - The bugging skill Battle Orders of the Barbarian has been replaced with the Seismic Fury skill. It activates seismic stomps around the hero every second for a set amount of timr, slowing and damaging nearby enemy units within the range of 400.

7) - The mana costs of many spells, especially of mages' spells, have been increased.

8) - Many of the Summoned units were nerfed, and the manacost for their summonning was increased.

9) - The damage of the Assassins' Wards was reduced.

10) - The herb dropping rate has been decreased. The herb types themself now better differ from each other, by size.

11) - The bug with the Growing Anger skill is fixed, when it was not turning of at low MP level. Now it works as it used to be.

13) - The bug with the Strafe skill is fixed, when it was turning off after the hero has used the Decoy Spell. Now it doesn't turn off.

14) - The models of running and Elite melee creeps for the Dark Side have been changed to better ones.

15) - The bug with the 1/3 HP of Andariel, when the Phantoms appear with lvl 1 skill Mana Burn is fixed. Now the level of Mana Burn depends on the game time elapsed.

16) - The Arcane Annihilation spell has been nerfed. The base damage is twice lower, but the increasing over time damage percent is higher.

17) - All the ultimate spells have become stronger, but their mana costs and cooldowns have been increased.

18) - The game is made for aproximately 45 minuts.

19) - The number of meteors falling at the beginning of the game has been decreased. The earthquake has been decreased too.

20) - The Vengeance spell of Grisswold works differently now. When the hero dies and explodes, he WILL get the experience for the units dead in the explosion. Technically the hero dies AFTER the explosion, but the players see it as if he died and then exploded.

21) - The Transfer Pain skill now works perfectly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.