Diablo III Arena Battles Will Devour Your Soul

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Last night I had a chance to sit down for 15 minutes of Diablo III multiplayer arena battles. Forty-five minutes later I finally made good on my "just one more round" promise. The wait for this game just got harder.

It's such a simple concept. Three players on each team enter a relatively simple little arena and battle it out until only one team is left standing. In any other game this would be a silly little diversion, but the scope of character customization in Diablo III makes for a multiplayer experience that might never get old.

The massive demo area was swamped with players, and even the special press access line was a lengthy one. I stood in line for a good 15 minutes before getting into a group, which is nothing compared to the hours the Blizzard fans in the other line had to wait. It still felt like an excruciatingly long time.

When I finally got my seat I was presented with a simple character selection screen. Only the Wizard, Witch Doctor, and Barbarian were selectable, leaving my dreams of double crossbow Demon Hunter kills in the dust.

Whole Article Here.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Introduce custom map making to diablo 3 and you got yourself the new custom map phenomenon.

I'm pretty sure they said that they would not let custom map making be allowed in D3 /: sadly, since that would realy devour our souls :b

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Yeah maul is right someone asked about it in the QnA and they said that they are not planning on it and prolly wont even let you make arenas but he said nothing is final, or something along the lines of that.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I'm stoked for the Arenas. PVP in D2 was a total joke. I just hope the D3 Arenas are not too "removed" from PVE (to the point where they seem like 2 separate games). While I agree with Blizzard that PVE should be the main focus of the game, multiplayer is essential to the enjoyment and longevity of the game, and PVP is a big part of that, in my opinion. You can kill Diablo only so many times before you feel the need to whack your friend's head off as well! :p

So far with what I know, I like what they are doing with PVP.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.