6a01157030c108970b011570db2ead970b-800wi

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ok they exaggerated this time
old Diablo had enough spikes

now this one is like

[Hedgehog]

The idea of the Demon being Diablo is still backed up by the lore, where the destruction of the Worldstone could have resulted in a change that allowed any being from another dimension to enter the world of Sanctuary, including Diablo, in its true and powerful form. This speculation then leads to the suggestion that the Demon in the cinematic is the true form of Diablo. Since in his previous debuts in Diablo series he had possessed a human and transformed, leading to a quite humanoid appearance, the true form could be vastly different. Another possible explanation from the lore stems from the Sin War novels, where Diablo is said to take the form of his viewer's greatest fear (that he once terrified himself by his own reflection).

one way or the other they can still make it work, and from whats said for all we know THAT could be the real diablo and what we know as diablo is a 'fake'
Although the two were more or less similar in the first and second:
Diablo2xd5.gif

Diablo.gif

also, they look more like... tentacles than spikes :?

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
ok they exaggerated this time
old Diablo had enough spikes

now this one is like

6a01157030c108970b011570db2ead970b-800wi
Yep, they're exaggerating and turning it mainstream instead of Dragonlance-Christian. Although 10-15 years ago Dragonlance was mainstream... But at least Diablo had the guts of being Satanic, too.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
The idea of the Demon being Diablo is still backed up by the lore, where the destruction of the Worldstone could have resulted in a change that allowed any being from another dimension to enter the world of Sanctuary, including Diablo, in its true and powerful form. This speculation then leads to the suggestion that the Demon in the cinematic is the true form of Diablo. Since in his previous debuts in Diablo series he had possessed a human and transformed, leading to a quite humanoid appearance, the true form could be vastly different. Another possible explanation from the lore stems from the Sin War novels, where Diablo is said to take the form of his viewer's greatest fear (that he once terrified himself by his own reflection).
This seems resonable.

Personally I prefer the fear one, since it sounds soo religiously.

Okay let's look at both diablos now:
7b7bccc215e4eeaa.jpg

8dd52cce555acd55.jpeg

As you can see new diablo has all the parts old diablo had on his head, just bigger and mroe demonic, wich is fine if you ask me. THe old diablo was epic as far as possed humans go, but for THE ARCH DEAMON he lakced the "power part" I liked the fact that he seemed pale but was actually very strong... still this was all epic for a possed human.

When it comes to the real diablo I was really expecting something more.

I like the new diablo quite much.

Though, he cloud loose the tenticle part (6)

It is a step in the right direction if you ask me. Still, nothing is final, so no one knows. : )

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Sadly Blizzard have skipped the 925K likes. Not sure if it is on purpose or not... instead we have gotten some info about the blizzard ticket batch thingy(wich isn't even page exclusive since it is posted on SCII too)

If you are interested in the blizzcon tickets and want details go here where I have covered it.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
248177_10150202033646641_157102206640_7396939_6320633_n.jpg

The Skeleton King, the risen corpse of the Black King Leoric. Driven to madness by the Lord of Terror before the events of the original Diablo, you'll be tasked to uncover what foul magics have caused him arise again in Diablo III. Was it the falling star? Or does he just have more loots to drop?

Sweet.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
But, but, but, i killed him already in diablo I! how could this be!

king leo is epic

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Makes me reminiscent of Diablo 1. I miss the quests, the music, the gothic-ness of it all, finding that beautiful "Book of Chain Lightning" or "Book of Fireball".... Such a great game.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
What are your bets on this ? I say that with Diablo's return, some of the lesser deamons have returned too, maybe we will see the butcher too ? Possibly blood raven?

tommerbob

Reaction score
Well from the Diablo 2 storyline, I got the impression that once a demon's soulstone was destroyed, the demon was entirely destroyed for good. But with Diablo 3, this is obviously not the case, and Diablo and his brothers/lesser demons were just sent back to Hell when their soulstones were destroyed.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the storyline. They can come up with only so many ways that Diablo returns from Hell. But I guess a lot of it is based around the Worldstone being destroyed, hence breaking the barrier between the World of Sanctuary and Hell. If that's the case, I expect we will see all Prime and Lesser Evils (I think there are 10 total?) as bosses.

I would also not be surprised to see Tyrael return as a fallen angel in some way.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Well, it's not as wishy washy as some blizzard explanations, especially regarding WoW lore xD .

The soulstones are made from the worldstone, Izual tells you that he was the one who told the prime evils about the soulstones and how to corrupt sanctuary. Without the soulstone they can no longer survive in the sanctuary, as there is nothing binding them to this world. However, now that the worldstone is gone we get to see them in their real forms, especially diablo (once he was a boy, and another time the warrior). You never actually destroyed the prime evils, you just destroyed the host that was in the world of sanctuary, their soul was banished to the void-ish-thingy so they can't come back to sanctuary anymore.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
253469_10150203831781641_157102206640_7410870_4796601_n.jpg

Female barbarian ready to mess some demons up.

Female barbarian ready to mess YOU up !!!

tommerbob

Reaction score
Their Facebook page just hit 1 million likes. I wonder what the "ransom" will be this time?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
after over a month of inactivity....

262138_10150249681171641_157102206640_7792199_4747183_n.jpg

Concept of Act II desert caves.

264104_10150249681801641_157102206640_7792201_6363587_n.jpg

"Spectral Warrior" concept.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm... where is the SS you have posted taken from ?

Also I don't think that nowadays you can expect something different than that from a "spectral warrior"... that is why I bowed to the undead in wc3- ghouls, not skeletons, crypt fiends, not skeleton archers, gargoils, not some flying vamparies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.