Diablo Storyline (with videos!)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I often like to collect things and one of them are Blizzard CGI Cinematics :D. So I tried to get them all in the highest quality available and arranged them nicely. And I thought that it would be nice to provide some lore explanations along with videos to the community. So here goes the Diablo part!

folder.jpg

Introduction

[youtube]JV8glb7bM4k[/youtube]​

The Horadrim was formed from the three major mage clans in the East by the Archangel Tyrael who tasked the Magi with defeating the Three who were devastating the mortal realm. Tyrael gave the Horadrim three Soulstones which would be able to contain the demons once they had been defeated.

Mephisto, the Lord of Hatred, was defeated and captured in Kehjistan, imprisoned beneath the Temple of Light in Kurast where the Zakarum monks were tasked with protecting the Soulstone.

Diablo and Baal escaped further west to Aranoch where Baal hid inside the city of Lut Gholein for three days. He then headed North into the desert a few miles before the Horadrim attacked him again. During the fight, one of Baal's attacks shattered the sacred Soulstone that was supposed to imprison him. The great mage Tal Rasha managed to subdue the Lord of Destruction, but the shattered stone could not contain the demon, so Tal Rasha sought to bind Baal within himself. Nor Tiraj, an Acolyte of the Horadrim, as well as the rest of the survivors imprisoned their leader within a tomb beneath the desert sands where his soul would wrestle with the demon for all eternity.
Jered Cain and the remaining Horadrim tracked Diablo further west to Khanduras, following the wake of terror that the demon spread as he went. After an epic battle, Diablo was imprisoned within the remaining Soulstone, and this was placed at the bottom of a large labyrinth within a cathedral in the town of Tristram.

Though his imprisonment was meant to be eternal, the power of the Soulstone weakened over centuries, eventually allowing Diablo to awaken from his forced slumber. He telepathically turns a nearby human, the Archbishop Lazarus, into his loyal puppet. In order for Diablo to actually leave the Soulstone, it needs to be housed in a mortal vessel. He possesses Lazarus, and then tries to gain control of King Leoric, the local ruler, but Diablo, in his weakened state, is unable to overpower Leoric. Since Diablo is too weak to possess the king, he abandons the idea. This leaves the monarch's mind numb and his soul corrupted. He then gets Lazarus to kidnap King Leoric's son, Prince Albrecht, so that Diablo can possess and warp him, thereby attaining material form and strength. At the moment of the boy's possession, his terror is so great that the boundaries between the realms are broken and parts of Hell seep into the mortal world and take root in the subterranean labyrinth beneath Tristram. Diablo may have a body now, but he is far from his full power, so he bides his time and summons countless hordes of demons and infests the whole underground complex, claiming the new region of Hell as his own personal lair.

Soon afterwards the maddened Leoric is slain by his own lieutenants. Demons appear in the countryside as the Lord of Terror regains his strength in the heart of the labyrinth and prepares for the time when he would once again emerge to seek his brothers - Baal and Mephisto - and free them as well. It seemed to be a matter of time until the Prime Evils gained dominion over the entire mortal realm.

The Butcher

[youtube]jCZUiR0Dhpw[/youtube]​

*Hidden Cinematic: Was removed from the final version of the game*

"And then we heard this...this horrid voice that I can only describe as the sound of a saw ripping through bone.
I can't even recollect what he was saying. I was so terrified I don't think I could understand it, but he kept repeating it, over and over.
He was this bloated thing...and ...and there was blood, and bodies -- everywhere I turned, some new horror confronted me. And suddenly he was on us; we couldn't shake him. Jeremy fell first, and then I ran. I admit it: I ran, left my fellows to die. I couldn't face that thing; it was all just too horrible. He hit me with a glancing blow as I fled, but even that was enough to take my arm almost clean off. I had to have a healer finish the job...." -An adventurer, about the demon known as The Butcher.

The Butcher is a Unique Overlord with a large cleaver in Diablo, and is the chief subject of the Butcher quest. He resides in a room strewn full of mutilated corpses, the remains of Tristram's townsfolk whom the Archbishop Lazarus intentionally led to their doom.

Archbishop Lazarus

[youtube]v996pLobGnY[/youtube]​

The Archbishop Lazarus was an ambassador from the Zakarum Church and an advisor to King Leoric who was corrupted by the Prime Evils. According to the manual to Diablo II - in the form of a letter from the Patriarch of Zakarum - Lazarus was the Custodian of Mephisto's Soulstone in Kurast sometime prior to his arrival in Khanduras. When Leoric set up court in the abandoned Monastery, Lazarus was lured into the monastery's depths by Diablo, where he proceeded to shatter the soulstone that imprisoned the Prime Evil. After Diablo failed to fully possess Leoric himself, Lazarus brought the King's son, Albrecht, into the labyrinth to serve as the mortal host for the Lord of Terror. After Leoric's death, Lazarus emerged from the Monastery's depths and rallied the villagers into a mob to find Albrecht - but the treacherous Archbishop led them right into the lair of the Butcher.

After this disastrous incursion, Lazarus vanished deep into the Monastery, where he remained, guarded by demonic minions. He is later defeated by the hero in Diablo.

Map of the Stars

[youtube]gCqOo1k8eo4[/youtube]​

"Map of the Stars" is a removed quest and was originally a key component to Diablo. It is the only removed quest that Blizzard has even confirmed. Blizzard says that the map was removed, because it changed the entire game, and ruined part of the game emphasis and environment. The map was supposed to be used by your Character. The map depicted a time when all of the Stars and planets would come into alignment and it is suggested that the player had to stop something from happening within a time frame, or else Diablo would use the alignment to boost his powers (as seen in the cinematic).

Rogue Ending

[youtube]LyY7aqxyMmQ[/youtube]​

At the end of the game, the player character removes the soulstone from Diablo's head. To the players surprise Diablo begins to melt away revealing Prince Albrecht's body underneath. The hero then pierces his or her head with the soulstone, attempting to contain the Lord of Terror.

The Rogue ending is not canon and it is believed that the Rogue from Diablo became the Bloodraven demon in Diablo II, encountered in Act I.

Sorcerer Ending

[youtube]oleA8RFa1R8[/youtube]​

At the end of the game, the player character removes the soulstone from Diablo's head. To the players surprise Diablo begins to melt away revealing Prince Albrecht's body underneath. The hero then pierces his or her head with the soulstone, attempting to contain the Lord of Terror.

The Sorcerer ending is not canon and it is known that the Sorcerer from Diablo became The Summoner monster in Diablo II, encountered in Act II.

Warrior Ending

[youtube]-hLMzrWcQzo[/youtube]​

The Warrior ending is canon. After assimilating Diablo's essence through the soulstone, the Warrior from Diablo becomes the Dark Wanderer in Diablo II.

Epilogue

[youtube]ys0Mw3BPGnI[/youtube]​

As Diablo I draws to a conclusion, the hero defeats Diablo, and takes Diablo's Soulstone within his own body, intending to contain Diablo there forever- which had potentially unforeseen consequences. According to Deckard Cain's Journal it takes about 2 days for the spirit of Diablo to corrupt and posses him. At which point, he became fully possessed and left Tristram. Immediately after his departure, hordes of demons either killed or possessed the remaining denizens with the exception of Deckard Cain whom was only captured. It is implied that the Dark Wanderer is directly responsible for that carnage, although it may have just been a side-effect of his presence.

In this Cinematic, the Dark Wanderer is shown, visibly weakened by the burden he carries and a narrator explains his fate:
"The Soulstone burns with Hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows into your eyes, and you begin to hear the tormented whispers of the Damned. You have done what you knew must be done. The essence of Diablo is contained for now.
You pray that you have become strong enough to contain the Demon and keep him at bay. Although you have been fortified by your quest, you can still feel him, clawing his way up from the dark recesses of your soul.

Fighting to retain control, your thoughts turn toward the ancient, mystic lands of the Far East. Perhaps there, beyond the desolate wastes of Aranoch, you will find an answer.
Or, perhaps... salvation!"

folder-1.jpg

Teaser

[youtube]DaEwbUYajuo[/youtube]​

"Many moons have passed since I left the town of Tristram behind me. Since then I've tried to forget the terrors I beheld beneath the cold earth, and the twisted nightmares that have haunted my every waking moment. There's something dark within me now; I can feel it, driving me towards the East, assuring me that my salvation lies within the ruins of ancient kingdoms. Though I know the way, I know not what perils will arise to hinder my journey, and as I pass through the first gate, I know that the better part of my soul will remain behind... forever."

The story of Diablo II takes place soon after the end of the original Diablo. At the end of Diablo, Diablo, Lord of Terror was defeated by a mortal hero. The hero who slew Diablo drives the soulstone of Diablo into his own head in an attempt to contain Diablo in his own body. After this event, the hero is rapidly corrupted by Diablo and loses control of Diablo's soul slowly. The hero becomes the Dark Wanderer that appears in game and is shown in this trailer travelling, with the East as destination.

Act I - Sister's Lament

[youtube]mJDc4dSsgP4[/youtube]​

This is the opening cinematic of Diablo II. Marius, the narrator of the story, witnesses the fallen hero (known only as the Dark Wanderer) totally lose control, unleashing the demons of Hell upon a tavern. Marius is the only survivor (it is implied that rather than just being blind luck, the demons were ignoring him), and he feels compelled to follow the Wanderer for reasons he himself does not understand.

Who is Marius?

Marius lived in the Rogue Monastery until Diablo's hellspawn overwhelmed the citadel. He fled, finding refuge in a small hostel along with other outcasts and fighting nightmares of the attack. But Diablo, in the guise of the Dark Wanderer, stopped at the same hostel, and the place was quickly destroyed by the demons that his presence called up. Being the only survivor, Marius was compelled to follow the Dark Wanderer, and chronicled the journey from the forests of Westmarch to the gates of the Burning Hells.

Act II - Desert Journey

[youtube]CemB-lHy1SA[/youtube]​

Marius did not know that he was travelling with the Dark Lord of Terror himself, through the deserts of Aranoch. The night they reached the outskirts Lut Gholein and made camp, the Wanderer inspired in him a dream of Baal's capture and imprisonment in his Soulstone.

During the attempt to contain him inside a Soulstone, the stone was shattered and the largest remaining shard was not enough to contain the demon. Tal Rasha, a powerful mage of the Horadrim, volunteered to take on the role of an extended Soulstone and be sealed in a tomb to wrestle with Baal's spirit for all eternity.

Act III - Mephisto's Jungle

[youtube]qltC22kwWEU[/youtube]​

Against his better judgment, Marius followed the Dark Wanderer into Tal Rasha's tomb. He sensed the changes in the Wanderer as Diablo's spirit gained control. Reaching Tal Rasha's Chamber, Diablo rushed forward to release Baal but was intercepted by the Archangel Tyrael. As the demon and angel fought, Baal used his power of illusion to plead with Marius to release him. Marius pulled Baal's Soulstone that contained the demon's essence from Tal Rasha's ribcage, releasing Baal from his prison. Tyrael charged Marius with going to the Burning Hells and destroying Baal's soulstone at the Hellforge; he ran out of the tomb as Baal joined the battle against Tyrael.

Act IV - Enter Hell

[youtube]BozRwm1q3Oo[/youtube]​

Following Tyrael's instructions, Marius travelled to Kurast and finds the Three Prime Evils gathered in the depths of the Temple of Zakarum, together summoning the very portal that he intended to go through. The Wanderer completed his transformation into Diablo's physical manifestation, and passed through the gate into Hell.

Marius could not bring himself to enter the portal into hell; completely horrified and utterly confused at the horrors that he had seen, and tortured by the malefic power of the soulstone, he ended up in an insane asylum.

Epilogue - Terror's End

[youtube]cBV_pamfnUQ[/youtube]​

Marius ends the narration by relating the rumor he heard about Diablo's defeat and the destruction of Diablo's and Mephisto's soulstones, resulting in their banishment to the Black Abyss. The cloaked figure then takes Baal soulstone from Marius and reveals himself as Baal, to the horror of Marius, who believed he was talking to Tyrael. Baal kills Marius and walks out of the asylum, now with his soulstone in possession.

Lord of Destruction: Introduction

[youtube]_iUCu9cscZ0[/youtube]​

Shortly after regaining control of his soulstone, Baal came to assail Mount Arreat, in order to corrupt the Worldstone. The Worldstone was created by Inarius at the same time as when Sanctuary was first created. Its exact nature and properties are unknown to most, and not many know its full potential. Yet it is known that Inarius created the Worldstone to keep Sanctuary hidden from both the High Heavens and the legions of hell. Later, he also imbued it with the power to weaken the Nephalem (inhabitors of the Sanctuary).

Believing that common rabble and poorly disciplined Earthly mutations would never do, Baal instead gathered some of his most powerful minions from the depths of his demesne. He first unleashed his minions on the capital of Sescheron, and his trail of Destruction spread all the way to Harrogath.
The cinematics depicts the beginning of Baal's assault over Mount Arreat.

Lord of Destruction: Destruction's End

[youtube]M8U4YVA8Pds[/youtube]​

After the Hero kills Baal at Worldstone's Keep, Tyrael discovers that they arrived too late and the Worldstone has been already corrupted by Baal's malefic powers. To prevent worse events from happening, Tyrael destroys the Worldstone. It is not yet known what consequences this action brought upon the Sanctuary.

folder-2.jpg

Teaser

[youtube]tL65wHmcLpw[/youtube]​

Diablo III is a dark fantasy/horror-themed action role-playing game, with elements of the hack and slash and "dungeon roaming" genres, currently in development as the third installment of Blizzard's Diablo franchise. It was announced on June 28, 2008, at Blizzard's World Wide Invitational in Paris, France.The game takes place in Sanctuary, the dark fantasy world of the Diablo series. This world was saved twenty years prior by a handful of unnamed heroes in Diablo II. Warriors that survived the onslaught of the armies of the Burning Hells have gone mad from their ordeals and it is up to a new generation of heroes to face the forces of evil threatening the world of Sanctuary. Players will have the opportunity to explore familiar settings such as Tristram.

The only confirmed NPC is Deckard Cain, who has appeared in both of the previous games. Cain's journal on the official site brings the player up to speed on the events of the first two games. Diablo's world map is composed primarily of two main continents with several small islands in the Northwest region.

Sources:
Diablo Wiki | Blizzard: Diablo 3 | Wikipedia: Diablo III

Notes:
-I did not include the Hellfire cinematic, as it is not a Blizzard cinematic;
-Warcraft section coming soon.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Haha very nice compilation. ive seen each of those videos at least 50 times. I love the LoD intro. the guy just goes splat. Also like the Enter hell and the tyreal/baal diablo fight scene :D

While you did mention that only the warrior's cutscene is canonical, you should mention that in the final version of the game they actually did remove the rogue and sorcerer ending.

Also: Ahhhhhh fresh meat

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Nice Smith :) It was a while since I last watched these and I have been thinking about recapping for a while now:thup:

I just realized something when I watched the D3 teaser. The monster depicted there has three mouths, the two other besides the normal one are positioned on the shoulders. If it is the new boss then perhaps that can be of help in finding out which demon that is:D

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i noticed that too but i thought we all agreed already that it was diablo? D:

i really wanna see a butcher reincarnation

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
While you did mention that only the warrior's cutscene is canonical, you should mention that in the final version of the game they actually did remove the rogue and sorcerer ending.

Well, the Butcher and the Map of the Stars videos where removed as well. And I just didn't mention on the Rogue and Sorcerer ending that they were removed, because I felt they were pretty important.

Anyway, just so there is no confusion, I'll add that to the Youtube pages and here.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
i noticed that too but i thought we all agreed already that it was diablo? D:

It is yet to be confirmed by blizzard.
It could be since he is the lord of terror and assumes the form of the thing that scares his beholder the most.

One thing I really does not understand about the lore:
The Prime Evils (Diablo, Baal and Mephisto) where banished to Sanctuary by the Lesser Evils.
When the Arch Angels found out that there where Prime Evils in Sactuary they created the soul stones and Tyrael Assembled the Horadrim.
The Horadrim used the soul stones to capture the Prime Evils.
The Prime Evils corrupted the stones and got out.
When the Soul Stones was destroyed the Respective Prime Evils where sent back to hell?

How the heck could the Soul Stones be the things binding them to the Sanctuary when they where there long before the Soul Stones where even created?:confused::nuts:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
You are a bit wrong. The Soulstones were supposed to contain the demons and not let them manifest in the Sanctuary. Heh, if it was after Tyrael and the humans, they would have banished the Prime Evils back into Hell, but that was beyond their power. So the Soulstones were supposed to be prisons, in the absence of a better way to deal with the demons.

However, the Prime Evils corrupted the soulstones and used them to tap into the energies of the Worldstone, a reservoir of tremendous energies (the soulstones were shards taken from the worldstone). By doing this, I think the stones also started to act as a safety link, so if the demons are slain, they can come back to life through the stones.

Speaking about death, when the Prime Evils were defeated in Diablo II and LoD, they were not sent into the Burning Hells, but into the Black Abyss, a realm which is known to be the birth place of demons and also the place where they return when they die.

After that, the soulstones were destroyed as a security measure, to ensure that the Prime Evils would not spawn again. The same effect would have been achieved by simply killing the demons and then destroying the Worldstone, but none of the characters could know that they would have to destroy the Worldstone, after the events in LoD :p.

Also, I noticed another small error in your post. The soulsones were created by Tyrael himself, not by the Archangels. As a matter of fact, the soulstones' creation and the assembly of the Horadrim were done with no approval from the Angiris council. He was supposed to not interfere at all with the Sanctuary, according to the pact made at the end of The Sin War between Baal and the Angiris Council.

For some lecture, read this and this.

Ask me if you have any more questions about the lore :D. I really like this game's lore and I have also started to read the books, and read a lot from the Wiki so I think I know pretty much about the lore.

EDIT: About the demon saw in the Diablo III Teaser: It was not identified until now. Blizzard did not confirm it is Diablo, or anyone else. Theoretically, it is impossible that it is Diablo, since he went back to his birth place and is beyond mortal touch (or even demonic or angelic, I think), so I doubt he can be summoned. Maybe by some being from outside the Sanctuary, Burning Hells or High Heavens. Maybe by a realm guardian, like Trag'Oul (although this is getting a bit stretched :p).

However, if it is not Diablo or some part of it, at least, the name of the game becomes a little absurd. So I guess it has something to do with Diablo. A theory states that that demon might be a fusion of the three Prime Evils (it does have 3 mouths, doesn't it? :p).

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
You are a bit wrong. The Soulstones were supposed to contain the demons and not let them manifest in the Sanctuary. Heh, if it was after Tyrael and the humans, they would have banished the Prime Evils back into Hell, but that was beyond their power. So the Soulstones were supposed to be prisons, in the absence of a better way to deal with the demons.
That was what I said:p
However, the Prime Evils corrupted the soulstones and used them to tap into the energies of the Worldstone, a reservoir of tremendous energies (the soulstones were shards taken from the worldstone). By doing this, I think the stones also started to act as a safety link, so if the demons are slain, they can come back to life through the stones.

Speaking about death, when the Prime Evils were defeated in Diablo II and LoD, they were not sent into the Burning Hells, but into the Black Abyss, a realm which is known to be the birth place of demons and also the place where they return when they die.

That I did not know^^ Thanks for clearing that question mark out for me:thup:

Also, I noticed another small error in your post. The soulsones were created by Tyrael himself, not by the Archangels. As a matter of fact, the soulstones' creation and the assembly of the Horadrim were done with no approval from the Angiris council. He was supposed to not interfere at all with the Sanctuary, according to the pact made at the end of The Sin War between Baal and the Angiris Council.

The Soulstones were created under the orders of the Archangel Tyrael
This quote is the first row of the link you yourself added, if the order was not aware, who was it then that was ordered to create them by Tyrael?
EDIT: About the demon saw in the Diablo III Teaser: It was not identified until now. Blizzard did not confirm it is Diablo, or anyone else. Theoretically, it is impossible that it is Diablo, since he went back to his birth place and is beyond mortal touch (or even demonic or angelic, I think), so I doubt he can be summoned. Maybe by some being from outside the Sanctuary, Burning Hells or High Heavens. Maybe by a realm guardian, like Trag'Oul (although this is getting a bit stretched :p).
Well, he has to come back sometime you know:p
However, if it is not Diablo or some part of it, at least, the name of the game becomes a little absurd. So I guess it has something to do with Diablo. A theory states that that demon might be a fusion of the three Prime Evils (it does have 3 mouths, doesn't it? :p).
I have been on that train of thought a couple of times as well, but I always end up thinking that it is to absurd.

They have confirmed that both Belial and Azmodan is going to be in the game. They have even stated that the second act will be intriguing due to Belials presence.
I am currently thinking Azmodan(http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Azmodan).
Why? Because of this paragraph:
He "is strong, powerful and appears with three heads
From this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asmodai
Which is linked from the diablo wikias Azmodan page:thup:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
The only possibility i can see is diablo, or possibly what smith said, a mix of the three. i say this because the big demon as seen has a hole in his forehead, at the exact same spot diablo had his soulstone. Baal's soulstone was jammed into his chest. We never got to see where mephistos stone was but in the cinematic you can tell that it's not in his head.

EDIT: didnt see the post you just made about azmodan, that might be a possibility too actually with the three heads, but azmodan never ever had a soulstone to begin with though D:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
The only possibility i can see is diablo, or possibly what samael said, a mix of the three. i say this because the big demon as seen has a hole in his forehead, at the exact same spot diablo had his soulstone. Baal's soulstone was jammed into his chest. We never got to see where mephistos stone was but in the cinematic you can tell that it's not in his head.

EDIT: didnt see the post you just made about azmodan, that might be a possibility too actually with the three heads, but azmodan never ever had a soulstone to begin with though D:

It was Smith that mentioned the mix of the three, not I:p

The biggest piece of mephistos soulstone was put in Sankekurs left hand, his was the body that Demon posessed. The other 6 pieces was put in the left hands of 6 High Council members of the Zakarum.

I don't see why everyone is so hyped up about the soulstones, don't you think something like that would be gone after the Demons trip to the Abyss:rolleyes:
Edit: With something like that I am referring to the hole in their heads.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
srry i fully thought you mention it.
"don't you think something like that would be gone after the Demons trip to the Abyss"
clearly not though, because the hole is right there, its even used to make the middle line of III in Diablo III

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
This quote is the first row of the link you yourself added, if the order was not aware, who was it then that was ordered to create them by Tyrael?

Well, I don't know who actually created the Soulstones :p. But it is wrong to suppose that the Angiris Council created them, because:

1. Tyrael was not commanding the Angiris Council, so he could not order them;
2. He was not supposed to interfere with the mortals.

That was what I said

From your post, I understood that you think that the Soulstones were supposed to keep the demons from going back to Hell, while they actually had to keep them from manifesting their powers into Sanctuary. That's why I explained that :p.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
1. Tyrael was not commanding the Angiris Council, so he could not order them;
2. He was not supposed to interfere with the mortals.
I know that, but if the demons where doing so then they had to stop them you know.
The one who has never used another persons wrong doings as an excuse to do the same thing yourself shall have the right to protest:p

From your post, I understood that you think that the Soulstones were supposed to keep the demons from going back to Hell, while they actually had to keep them from manifesting their powers into Sanctuary. That's why I explained that :p.
Yeah, that was what I was reflecting over, how they in the lore say that with the stones gone the lords where banished from sanctuary. This made it sound as if they needed them to be there which was odd since they where there long before the stones where created.
It seemed that the lore contradicted itself on that point but I thank you for the explanation, even though it was a misunderstanding you gave me the information I needed to understand what I did not:thup:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I know that, but if the demons where doing so then they had to stop them you know.
The one who has never used another persons wrong doings as an excuse to do the same thing yourself shall have the right to protest:p

When I read the Sin War books, I saw that the Archangels are pretty uninterested in the Sanctuary. At first, Tyrael was as well and his main goal was to drive all parts into chaos, so they would not stand united when the legions of the High Heavens came to destroy Sanctuary. However, he realized that humans are more than they appear to be and changed his mind, supporting them. Only one other Archangel (I forgot her name) supported the humans as well, but she is the supposed Archangel of Love, so it was her nature to do so.

Even more, when the three Prime Evils were banished to the sanctuary, the Archangels might have not even noticed that, except Tyrael, of course. If they would have seen that, I think that they would have come to the Sanctuary themselves to, most probably, destroy it, so it does not falls into the hands of the demons.

In the world of Diablo, "angels" and "demons" are not quite what they mean in the real world. Sure, demons are pure evil, but angels are not really good, in fact, most of them represent a chaotic good, to speak so. From what is suggested in the book, there are infinite realms in the Universe and the Burning Hells, High Heavens and the Sanctuary are just some of these realms (although the Sanctuary was not made at the moment of Creation and not by the power that created all the other realms). So you could say that the angels and the demons are just different races, in a war, in the same way the Germans were fighting the British in the World War II. Also, angels probably have no connection to the power that created the Universe, a so called "God", as opposed to the Christian Angels.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Oh, lol, I actually saw that statuette a while ago, but I never knew about that caption xD. So it's Diablo in the end.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I can agree that the statue makes it seem that way, although I would like to add that up in the right corner of that picture it clearly states "Not final product". Not to forget that the webpage that sells them makes it seem like they still have not been delivered^^

Although I see your points with it I would not look my mind on that answer if I where you since it is not a "final" answer:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.