Diablo Storyline (with videos!)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Well, I already put up sources for various lore writings and I find it pointless to link to each specific page. This was merely a video~lore association, as just rewriting the entire lore here is simply a time-consuming action since you can already find it on the mentioned sites :p.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
thank you for taking from your time and maiking this and the starcraft thread :)

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
It is yet to be confirmed by blizzard.

There was a statue sold by blizzard that was described by blizzard as "depecting a barbarian standing on the defeated Diablo". It showed a DIII Barbarian standing on the face of the monster we saw in the trailer.

EDIT: It was this or a very similar statue:
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/File:Helmed_Barbarian_Statue.jpg

Diablo III "Overthrown" Statue Pre-Orders Open
06-18-2009
The Diablo III premium statue "Overthrown" depicts a mighty barbarian atop the conquered Diablo, shouting towards the High Heavens in vicious triumph. It was first unveiled as a grey prototype at San Diego Comic-Con 2008, and after a year and a half of continued development, is now being made available for pre-order.

Standing at a massive 18" (457.2mm) high, hand-cast in high-quality polystone, and painted to exacting standards, each piece is individually finished with a unique edition number. To see brand-new pictures of the painted statue, download an intense new wallpaper, or pre-order the piece (available fall 2009 for $299), head on over to Sideshow's website now.

yeah, right on this page: http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/community/
Seen it two years ago, and it still didn't make it around. *Sigh*

EDIT: I owned myself and beat me to it. I don't know if I should be happy now or in shame.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
EDIT: I owned myself and beat me to it. I don't know if I should be happy now or in shame.

Be a bit of both. Just because there is a premium statue depicting diablo and a barbarian it does not mean that Diablo is even remotely gona be in the game. He probably is in the game since he is the main character and all, but he is most likely not going to be the main villain in this one.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Just a thought regarding the Diablo III teaser trailer. From the ending of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, we are not sure what happened to Tyreal, right? He has vanished. He might even have been influenced by Baal by destroying the corrupted Worldstone.

Right. Now in the teaser trailer we see a great comet crashing down on the Sanctuary from the skies, and it appears as the demonic hordes originate from the center of the crater. Now.. Why would the demonic hordes come from heaven? Wouldn't it be more logical if the forces of the Prime Evils came from below the earth? Because really..? What lives in the heavens, if not the angels, and possibly a corrupted Tyreal?

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I also thought about that and had a similar theory :p. It is possible that when Tyrael destroyed the Worldstone he would have been corrupted by the forces unleashed in that destruction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.