Currently Working on:
-Major Quests
-Traits
-Random Quests
-The rest of the terrain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Gameplay video links
Screenshots/How do things work?

This is the character select screen. Click on a character, then click the Circle of Power.
1.jpg

For this tiny walkthrough, I chose the Sorceress. She's the perfect example since she has a preassigned skill.
2.jpg

To assign this skill, I select and click one of the skill assign trees in here.
3.jpg

When I click it, it opens up and shows the skills available for use. Up on top is "Warmth" (No skill points invested yet.)
I'm going to select "Activate Affinity"
4.jpg

When I click Activate Affinity, we notice that it is added onto the main interface. Specifically on the Q button spot.
I can cast the spell anytime by pressing the Q button. The other three empty spots are for W, D and C buttons.
5.jpg

Usually when we select a skill to assign our hotkeys to, it has the same exact skill icon, however for the Sorceress, the Activate Affinity adds a skill that let us know what her current Element is, and the icon is changed for that. When we cast it however, it changes to Ice Affinity, and then from Ice to Lightning, and then from Lightning back to Fire. As you can also see, the skill description tells you all you need to know about the current skill.

How do items work? We see here nearby our Sorceress are items, and one of them is Ghost Armor. If you played Diablo 2 before, you might know that Ghost Armor is the Exceptional version of the Quilted Armor. And since this "Act" occurs after the events in Harrogath...
6.jpg

The Ghost Armor is now in our inventory. Let's see what our Ghost Armor provides.
7.jpg

However, putting it in our inventory doesn't give our hero the bonuses it yields. So in order to use it we have to click on it.

The Armor disappears from the inventory, but the bonuses are applied. How do we see our current Equipment though?
8.jpg

We click on the Character button next to our Skill Assign Trees. Clicking it brings us to this menu, which has the button Equip.
9.jpg

Clicking on it brings up our character's current Equipment, which now includes the Ghost Armor. We can click the Ghost Armor to uneuip it, and then the item is going to be returned to the inventory afterwards. The icons left and right of the Armor slot are left and right hand, and they are currently empty (Showing Default Icon).
10.jpg

What about the other icons in the Character Menu?
9.jpg

The buttons below are the same icons as the Skill Assign Trees on the main interface, but if you select them in the Character Menu, it brings you up to the Skill Upgrades. Everytime you level up, you get a skill point, and you can use those skill points to upgrade your characters abilities.

The button right of the Equip button is the Traits button. You use Trait points that you gain every even numbered level. They replace the stat points, but gives you more varied choices to make, like Rejuvenate.
11.jpg

More info will come soon. Stay tuned!

Screenshots/Sorceress Play

Ice Wall:
12.jpg

Pack of Wolves:
13.jpg

Fiery Finish:
14.jpg

Boom:
15.jpg

Stronger Enemies:
16.jpg

Later Setting:
17.jpg

Features
Story:
It's been a year since the last of the Prime Evils, Baal, has been defeated.

In the coasts of the Dreadlands, a town of De Faux Xiang existed. The town stood as the headquarters of the Viz-Jaq'taar.

But where they lived quietly for years, there is evil silently emerging from the wilderness nearby.

Now, our heroes return with more in their arsenal, to discover the secrets of the cold, dead place - and defeat the evils of the place before De Faux Xiang is lost forever.

Our heroes return to action, this time, still at the snowy north, at the Dreadlands where a group of Assassins reside. The only returning NPC from the previous game is Natalya, who happens to be in charge of the town, and also witnessed the changes around the place. That's where I stop.

Quests:
The Quests are strongly linked to the story, and also the title "The Secrets of De Faux Xiang." The secrets that will be discovered reference strongly to the evil around the place and also point to the Lore of the Diablo universe.

Vulnerable Town?
Unlike other towns where enemies can't even come in, this is a completely vulnerable town. You will have to defend the town at some points.

Characters:
I need to rename the character classes (Instead of Barbarian, Sorceress, Necromancer). Any suggestions?

Skill System:
Each character has 2 types of skills (differs from each). Each type provides you with 8-9 skills (total of 16-18 in each) of which you can use two from, giving you control of 4 skills at the same time.

Using Abilities:

There are four assigned hotkeys: Q, W, D, C for the four respective, activated abilities at the time. This will allow flexibility in combos wanted to be executed. The abilities are also readily replaced when wanted to.

Misc:
-Gameplay is smooth and combat relies heavily on skills. Your skill choices don't decrease your monster killing efficiency though.
-You can develop powerful mixes of your skills while hordes of enemies surround you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

It's been almost 2 years since I updated this.

-However all the time, I have been working on it. The game right now is EXTREMELY different from the past screenies here (I UPLOADED NEW ONES), and it is now more balanced than ever. :D It's also very fun to play.

-The game plays really different from any Warcraft-translated Diablo Scenarios out there.

That's all. :D

I'm currently preparing the game for a test.​
-You can call it a demo, I guess. But I need direct feedback from you people if I do release it because the creator can never see the flaws of his creations. ^_^

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
OK I don't mean to be harsh but you better drop this project now , there is a good project about diablo at wc3c and another at hiveworkshop which are both good . I don't think you would want to compete with them anyway :p. although from the screenshots it do look good :)

Is this your made up Lore / story?

rodge_002

Reaction score
Kind of... I just want to share the story I have in mind, which I have been thinking of for years. I got into tons of research about the lore, too. I am not definitely in for the competition, in which I know I will lose - but if you think no one's going to play this - then, I guess I should just keep it myself.... :D

Where are these maps anyway? I would love to try them!!! Woot! Go Diablo!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
OK I don't mean to be harsh but you better drop this project now , there is a good project about diablo at wc3c and another at hiveworkshop which are both good . I don't think you would want to compete with them anyway :p. although from the screenshots it do look good :)

It doesn't matter if someone else is making another Diablo map. There are tons of maps that are similar to each other. Success rate has nothing to do with making it. :thdown: You shouldn't suggest to drop the project, if he/she wants to make it, let it be done.

Anyway, looks cool. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

rodge_002

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments about it.

I''ll update this with what I need right now... So to let you know I can't do it all completely alone. Finishing this will be a colossal achievement for me.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

You dick.

Anyways, project looks pretty interesting!
I've never played Diablo, but I'll for sure play this.

rodge_002

Reaction score
Omg... That's awesome!!! I shall play it!

Well, as I have said - I don't want to compete because first of all, I'm a noob - how well do you expect me to do with this - all of you can beat me senseless... :D So, please don't remind me of 'competing,' because you're knocking down my already abyss-level self esteem lower.

But dang, that's good. I wanna play it... :D

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Stop trying to putting him down. -.- If you guys make maps only to compete, then you need to rethink your WC life... unless you're some kind of map-creator-champion...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

Reaction score
How many classes will there be in total? Same as in Diablo?

And "Barbarian, Sorceress, Necromancer" are pretty solid and nice.

Barbarian:
-Berserker
-Brute
-Beast
-So many "B's"! :D
Sorceress:
-Enchantress
-Psymancer
Necromancer:
-Warlock

Eh... I got nothing right now.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

rodge_002

Reaction score
Yeah, there'll be the same number of classes in Diablo two. They will not be specialized in an area though - I want the same anonymous play like Diablo 2, but their ranks are just like Heightened.

It's like you call a level 60 barbarian differently, but still a barbarian... :D

Elementalist seems good for a sorceress though, but it could be referring to the male version too - and though both of them specializes at elemental spells, both are quite different (like sorcerers are trained at 'Vizjerei' schools and sorceresses are trained by a secret woman society... haha)

Now to my recreation break from the editor - practice anime songs... haha... whilst waiting for answers. :D

EDIT: After singing for a while, the Warlock suggestion got my attention. I think I'm gonna use that... :D But let me think of it... The skill tree I prepared for him matches with it you see.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
And since there aren't too many heroes... yeah. :)

Like last year, I was creating terrain for my friend on his epic Diablo map and it was huge and nice... and then he went to college... and now he never talks to me... ehem. :( Sad.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

rodge_002

Reaction score
Aww... If I went to college, I think I'd still keep in touch with my friends... haha..

Anyway, I'd focus right now on the single player mode. It's a pretty heavy map... hmm... I think I would apply the models after I made all the characters and if they're all balanced. I'm still working on the first tier skills of the barbarian (It looks good now! Just need to fix a little bit more.) and then on to the sorceress whose skills look pretty hard to do. (With beginner level skills)

I posted two different posts about incinerating orb already, I still don't have the answer. *sigh*

rodge_002

Reaction score
Minor update bump:
Skills hotkeys... And a spoiler for the next update. It's still being converted right now.

EDIT: Location of the spoiler is at the end. The Hotkey info is after the skill system part.

And do you know any good recording program? I think the video sucked because it made the game look laggy, when it really isn't.

rodge_002

Reaction score
BUMP
Thread Resurrected. It's prepared to silence naysayers.

I'm in college now (YAY) and I unexpectedly had more time recently so I worked hard and tirelessly on this project.

I am planning to put new models for the scenario itself, but not right now. I'm eagerly waiting for my new laptop. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.