Diablo2 sluggish gameplay

G

Does Diablo2 have problems with via chipsets or promise ultra100 controllers? I just upgraded my system with three new components, an Asus A7V133 motherboard with a 1Ghz AMD cpu and a geforce2 pro video card. Diablo2 ran fine on my old abit + 300mhz celeron setup, but on my new setup it runs extremely choppy/sluggish, and this is full install in singleplayer (worse in multi-play because of lag) and in all versions of D2,D2X. I am using the newest via chipset drivers and the latest nvida refrence drivers. The only other difference from my old setup is that I am now running my harddrive off of the promise ultra controller. The rest of my system specs is soundblaster live value and 256 MB of ram and a 512 mb swap file. Does anybody know of anything that could help fix the sluggish gameplay?

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
try disabling the dos emulation stuff from the soundblaster .
for the rest try underclocking the FSB (this helped in some cases tho it is rather silly to UC your machine hehe)

N

Nharre

I've been having a good look around here on the net and I found out about the sluggish problem is due to a problem of the Motherboard!!!!

I was shocked and a good freind of mine is a good referance to this as he has the Intel 815e chipset and his game is fine. Mine is not and I have a Intel 440 chipset.

After an hour or two of looking we found the following info. I hope that it helps. Just follow the following link:

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/guides/intel_i815_chipset/

Cheers
Nharre

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
he is using a Asus A7V133 motherboard so he has a via chipset and not a intel one .
installing the intel one will prolly mess up his computer.

the 440bx chipset is the best chipset ever produced by intel .
and should run d2 fine .
okay so it is an old chipset nowdays
smile.gif

intel should never produced the 815 chipset hehe
wink.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.