Dialogue Crash

H

Haxman

Hi! Here I have a trigger that will crash the game as soon as it is triggered.

Code:
Treaty
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Treaty 
    Actions
        Player Group - Remove AllyingPlayer from Players
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 500
            Then - Actions
                Dialog - Change the title of Treaty[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Treaty (Pick a Play...
                Player Group - Pick every player in Players and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set AllyingPlayer = (Triggering player)
                        Dialog - Clear Treaty[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Red) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[1] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Blue) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[2] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[2] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Teal) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[3] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[3] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Purple) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[4] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[4] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Yellow) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[5] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[5] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Orange) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[6] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[6] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Green) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[7] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[7] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Gray) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[8] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[8] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Light Blue) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[9] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[9] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        If ((Color of (Picked player)) Equal to Light Blue) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[10] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))) else do (Do nothing)
                        Set DialogButton[10] = (Last created dialog Button)
                        Player Group - Add AllyingPlayer to Players
                        Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] labelled Back
                        Dialog - Show Treaty[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            Else - Actions
                Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Casting unit)))) for 10.00 seconds the text: |cff00FF00You do no...

If someone could take a look at it and tell me where I went wrong, that'd be nice :)

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Make it initialize all the dialog buttons and options at map initialization.

Then have it hide the dialog and show when someone is casting a spell.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Hmm, there could be several reasons. I dont think i can summerize them, but i dont think that it can have everything readied instantly when it is needed. Just do like i said. Also i think i know why now.

Its because everytime you cast the spell it has to add more and more buttons. It will cause an infinate loop crashing the game.

H

Haxman

No, that cant be the problem. I have clear dialogue in another part of my triggers and it doesnt even get that far.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Well just try it at initialization. It can probably reduce lag. and make sure that the first action is clear dialog.

Sorry i cant be of more help.

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
Your actions for clearing the dialog box, creating the buttons, and showing it are all inside the Player Group loop, so that's getting repeated for every player.
It looked like your AllyingPlayer variable was supposed to be the same as (Owner of (Casting unit)). Try this:
Code:
Treaty
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Treaty 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 500
            Then - Actions
                Set AllyingPlayer = (Owner of (Casting unit))
                Dialog - Clear Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)]
                Dialog - Change the title of Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] to Treaty (Pick a Play...
                Player Group - Remove AllyingPlayer from Players
                Player Group - Pick every player in Players and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled (PlayerColors[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))
                        Set DialogButton[(Player number of (Picked player)] = (Last created dialog Button)
                Player Group - Add AllyingPlayer to Players
                Dialog - Create a dialog button for Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] labelled Back
                Dialog - Show Treaty[(Player number of AllyingPlayer)] for AllyingPlayer

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
HA! i knew it! infinate loop! Mass of buttons!

Although i was wrong about part of it.

I was right at the same time!

+rep for helping.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.