Difference between Real variable, and Integer variable

Discussion in 'World Editor Help' started by b_ray210, Aug 3, 2008.

1. b_ray210

b_ray210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey, i was just wondering if someone can tell me the difference between the ral variable type and the integer variable type and when i should use either. Thanks

2. Squishy

Squishy You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    An integer is any number that doesn't have a decimal place, like 54 or -7. Real numbers, for purposes of Warcraft 3, include 3 decimal places. It doesn't really matter which you use, unless you need a number with a deciml, in which case, you would use Real.

3. DiFm

DiFm New Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Yea real are decimals and integer is whole numbers. IF you gonna store damage/Life you should use real since its not only whole numbers.

You can check in conditions each of there options you get. If you can use int then use it i say otherwise real. Where ever you type a integer/real you can convert it its at the top of the list

4. b_ray210

b_ray210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ohhhhh thanks guys, but that may help me with a different problem. here is a code for an ability that has a chance to deal bonus damage according to how much agility the triggering unit has.
    Code:
    Swift Blade
        Events
            Unit - A unit Is attacked
        Conditions
            (Level of Swift Blade  for (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
        Actions
            If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                If - Conditions
                    (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to ((Level of Swift Blade  for (Attacking unit)) x 5)
                Then - Actions
                    Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing ((Real((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) x (((Real((Level of Swift Blade  for (Attacking unit)))) x 0.10) + 0.10)) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
                    Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(((((Real((Level of Swift Blade  for (Attacking unit)))) x 0.10) + 0.10) + (Real((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses))))))) above (Attacking unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 10.00% transparency
                    Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                    Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                    Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds
                    Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds
                Else - Actions
                    Do nothing

Everytime the ability goes into affect the amount of bonus damage is shown but it is always a decimal and in the game it looks like a comma so it looks like it does in the 10's of thousands of damage. Can you help me make it so that it is not a decimal when it pops up and is rounded to the nearest integer?

props for the code writing goes to demotry241

5. AceHart

AceHart Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin

Ratings:
    +1,477 / 0 / -0
    Set SomeIntegerVariable = Integer( <your calculation here> ) (comes with "conversion - convert real to integer")

6. b_ray210

b_ray210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well i'm pretty sure that would work if i knew what in the hell you were talking about haha. Is there any way you could actually write it out as a proper code?

PS. i love your maps especially tales from the north :)

7. cowmenace

cowmenace New Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    it is hard to word this....
    when choosing what to say, do this
    conversion - convert integer to string
    then
    conversion - convert real to integer
    then the real is converted into an integer so it doesn't have .000 then it is displayed.
    hope it works

8. b_ray210

b_ray210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    :eek::confused:
    Thank you for trying but i am soooo lost right now haha. I guess it doesn't really matter if there's a decimal or not.

9. cowmenace

cowmenace New Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    lol I'll try to make it sound easier.

When you are able to type in what it says to the players, go to Conversion - Convert Integer into String. Once you have done that, you are going to do the same thing, but have it do Conversion - Convert Real into Integer. Then you can put the real value you had in there and it will come out with no decimals.

10. b_ray210

b_ray210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay so im probably doing it wrong and i tried that but since it is under integer now it doesn't let me do decimals For Example: (level of swift blade for (attacking unit)) x 0.1)

11. cowmenace

cowmenace New Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    then for .1 do 1/10

12. b_ray210

b_ray210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay i think im done finally... would this be it?
    Code:
    Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(((((Integer((Real((Level of Swift Blade  for (Attacking unit)))))) x (1 / 10)) + (1 / 10)) x (Integer((Real((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses))))))))) above (Attacking unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 10.00% transparency

EDIT!: THIS WAS A HORRIBLE FAILURE!, everytime the spell goes into effect it just shows a zero. what'd i do wrong?

13. R@i_no_Wyrm

R@i_no_Wyrm New Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    in integer, you can't divide it even you can choose the operator. Change the var to real then reconvert it to integer.

14. b_ray210

b_ray210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    K i officially give up on this, waaaaayy too confusing for me.
    If someone could write it for me it would be VERY helpful so i could see how it is supposed to be done.

15. R@i_no_Wyrm

R@i_no_Wyrm New Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Geh, why should you make the floating text in integer? make it in real and it'll be a lot easier w/o any conversion.

I don't get what r u trying to do so i can't help much.

16. DiFm

DiFm New Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    lol I'll do the Trigger For you, you gonna intend to have more lvls?

17. DiFm

DiFm New Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    LOl how annoying i cant attach files if im editig a post. Well here it is. Using a real variable.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. b_ray210

b_ray210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for making that and i will give plus rep but i thought to make it have no decimals it was supposed to be an integer variable :S

And can someone explain how to import spells into my map?

EDIT: nevermind it works just fine thank you so much! +rep :)

19. Demi666

Demi666 New Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Integer = 1
    Real = 1.00

As in Integer = whole numbers
    Real = 1.61 (a decimal)