Dilated Pupils

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
So my pupils are always really dilated and it's been that way for a long time. And no, it's not because I'm always high. A fair amount of the time now, yes, but not always.

I'm bringing it up because I got arrested the other day because the cop figured I was on drugs and then I tested negative so it's all good now, but is there some kind of a condition that causes it?

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm sure you should just see a doctor.

Are you addicted to any "small drugs"?
Like drinking too much coffee, tea (caffeine).
Do you sleep well and enough?

Are they dilated in bright light?

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah they're always like twice as big as everyone elses. Even when I stare at a bright light or on really bright days it's still like as big as anyone elses would be in like overcast. I don't really drink a lot of coffee or caffeine, and I've cut back a lot on cigarettes, and if I smoke pot or something there is like no colored part. But they were like that even before I started smoking anything.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
No offense, but I honestly think this is better to be told to a doctor, than to a bunch of computer-oriented guys from an online forum :p.

The doctor is your best bet ;).

Varine

Reaction score
No offense, but I honestly think this is better to be told to a doctor, than to a bunch of computer-oriented guys from an online forum :p.

The doctor is your best bet ;).

I went to an optometrist a few weeks ago, but all he told me was that my vision sucks which I already knew. I mean, I can see really well at night, but that could just be having gotten used to it.

Maybe what Seb! said, I don't know I'll ask someone while I have health insurance I guess.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Quit the dope.

Or get tested for eye disease.

Either of the two. Pupils don't stay dilated for no reason =/

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Quit the dope.

Seconded, nearly all drugs can cause dilation of the pupil with the exception of like coke. In the link Seb provided for causes, its interesting that the 'drug' section is far larger then the others - suggesting its a more prevalent cause for severely dilated pupils.

Why don't you just not partake in any drug related activities for a month and see what happens / track pupils width and approximate response to light?

Even if that yields no results, it will help narrow down what isn't causing your eyes to be buggy.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Can we stop saying the same thing? "drop the dope", "Quit the dope.".

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Throughout my studies I've seen some funny cases, so I'll share some experiences:

Do you also suffer from mild or severe insomnia? Are you restless? Are you often lonesome? If so, you have stress and should go see a psychologist or address things in your life that are "stuck" and get them "moving". It could be anything from sexual frustration to unemployment to educational insecurites to consistent diet etc.

Due to the modernization, globalization and indoctrination of societies, stress can now be caused by the most random of effects and have a broad variety of symptoms, though many of them are more frequent than others.

Are you hyperactive? Do you have problems staying concentrated? Are you extremely organzized or extremely chaotic? Then the cause may be ADHD, though I highly doubt that. ADHD causes a deficiency in the production of a chemical, dopamine as far as I remember, which, in some cases, are known to dialate a persons eyes.

No offense, but I honestly think this is better to be told to a doctor, than to a bunch of computer-oriented guys from an online forum .
I do agree.

Varine

Reaction score
Why don't you just not partake in any drug related activities for a month and see what happens / track pupils width and approximate response to light?

But they were like that even before I started smoking anything.

They've been like that since I was like twelve, it just was never something I cared about.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.