disconnect from server problem

U

Unregistered

I can't connect to an internet game. I tried all the patches, uninstalled it, tried the game without the patches, downloaded, and tried the patch again. I join a game online, and i connect to the server. The level loads and two seconds after i get into the level, it kicks me out. It says disconnected from server. I can't understand how this can happen because i have a cable connection.

U

Unregistered

Different user here, I have the same problem, can play BF between 30 sec. to 2-3 mins. and it ethier CTD's or just says dissconnected. Always had this BS problem with BF1942 and E fuck'n A is no help :( Very pissed!! (steam raises off head)

H

horseman

diconnected

hey I have the same problem exactly No Router and I have Norton Antivirus, no firewall. I am on cable and Medal of Honor still works fine. Tell me if you find a Fix I will keep you posted if I find one. They talk about ports at EA tech support. That might be it. I am going to call them today.

Steelgreyii @ aol.com

H

horseman

diconected

are you on cable.? they may have closed your port settings and not told you becuase there dumb and think they are omnipotent.
I am currently looking into Microsoft knowledge base for a work around but will probebly cancle my service. I only play online games.

U

Unregistered

same problem guys, when i dleted BF from my registry and reinstalled (and patch) the first game i joined worked, but when i exited and joined another it disc. everytime-- gatta be something wrong with the reg.?

-anonymous

U

Unregistered

Same problem. Game worked for 3 hours one night, the next day connection problems. I am using a linksys router, but like i said it worked fine at first. Ive tried updating drivers, firmware, reinstalling the game, etc. nothing seems to work. Connection is fine for all other games and appliations. So this is happening for people both with and without routers and firewalls?

H

horseman

disconection

"for security reasons" your cable provider probebly closed the ports that bf 1942 uses

U

Unregistered

I am posting this everywhere in multipl places i have to get a response i get kinda the same problem i connect to the server then load the level get in to the game looks good then a yellow measeage pops up under the respawn counter and says warning server connection problem everytime it does this and then i am knocked out and it says server disconnected or somthing.

B

b1mbqk79

Printer

I had to take all the plugs out recently. When I reconneccted my computer and Brother MFC 3l00 C, I could not print and e-mail. It said "disconnected to server".

Please help me to fix that. Thank you

U

Unregistered

i hate EA

god damn this exact thing happens to me and the technical support EA has is useless !, connect to a server and play for a min then i get disconnected, ive notied intermitent msgs from the server about my ping being over 400ms when its 32ms coz i have cable and am playing on my isp's BF servers !!! i am so frustrated because i didnt go out and buy this game to play it on a home lan only, i bought it for the online experience... (NOT a 1 min online experience) if anyone has found a way around this at ALL please let me and the rest know, ive been told its a firewall problem, so i opened the ports BF uses and nothing, so instead i restarted without a firewall and NOTHING! (closing your firewall does nothing, the ports stay closed). I also was told this was a punkbuster problem, thats bullshit, because the same problem occurs when I play in Punkbuster disabled servers. NO one has been able to help me, not gamespy tech sup., not even EA, what a joke and a waste of money, specially with desert combat, one of the best mods ever, and i cant even play it onlinefor more than 1 min aprox.

S

serpico

Re: i hate EA

i think it is a punk buster related prob cause when i play on non punk servers i get alot longer play time and not so many lag probs but are more in number now that i got 1.6 and--- once in a while i'll reinstall and it'll help ,like after 3 weeks or so the game goes haywire colors distort ,lag and so on so that leads to the patch cause i played on version 1.5 and on first first full client version i have as my start point for patches is 1.4 , crazy crap!!! lets REVOLT get E-fknA to patch us out of this !! serp
out,peach---,lol i mean peace out!::p :rolleyes: ;) this crap is frustrating i love this game but the comp sucks compared to real time play

S

S_E_I_Z_E_R

BF42 player 551 days

If you are have multiple 'disconnected from server' errors - even after re-installing and updating the patches - your Punk Buster client may need manual updating.

This solution may help you, it worked for me after zero feedback and from EA and an evening spent trawling the internet:

Download the appropriate PBWEB for your operating system from the links provided below. Be sure to save into the home "pb" directory on your hard drive (find this here: \Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb) and then launch PBWEB. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory, then it will not work. Note that PBWEB works for all games supported by PunkBuster and it works for both Players and also Admins running PB Servers.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

Patches summary:

1. Install vanilla BF42 + Road to Rome + Secret Weapons = Version 1.45

Download and install: battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19

Download and install: battlefield_1942_incremental_patch_v1.6_to_v1.61b

That's it!

Spread the word...

E

Eric

Did the manual PB update

And it seemed to be better for a game. I received some connection warnings but didn't get disconnected. But next game problems disconnect problems reoccurred.

D

DCXMODGOD

Error message"connection interuption"

as far as im concerned I am A in depth DCX.9 Player IM "BANDIT"
I've had similar probs. they were so annoying!!
I was reading someones thread on this topic. They had reason to believe it is a registry PROB!
I have done almost everything to try and trouble shoot my prob. I then said Im going to reinstall it nope never worked still had prob. although when i went to uninstall my game it wasn't in my add/remove programs list? i could load it play it then get disconected and I'd wonder why this was happening. After looking at my registry I had seen that there was an error in it as i uninstalled Bf1942 there was something wrong with it. funny thing is, I never uninstalled it it just happened i have no idea how it was uninstalled to begin with I then went about deleting it manually I removed the c/programfiles/eagames/bf1942/mods/
I reinstalled it and i thought id be golden nope still had prob i then said im going to run a scan on registry using tweak registry now and registry clean expert
after the scan registry expert showed an error with my bf1942 files uninstall it said it was done incorrectly this was pre existing prior to me reinstalling this game and mod bf1942 + Desertcombat+ DCX.9
after i cleand everything up and after i restarted my PC so i have a strong internet connection my online experience went from about one to two min to about 2-3 hrs and so on i can play as long as I want now!!!1
I never had this prob I only experienced it this year actually this year this month may-june weird for those of u experiencing this check to see if your add/remove programs list shows your bf1942 program? if not then clean up registry reinstall game and mods if any clean registry again delete any errors and try and see if you can play longer than a minor two
i hope this may be of some help I know how frustrating it is not to be able to play DCX i only play DCX .9 I only GAME OUT ON PC GAMING AND i Only Play DCX.9
this I beleive may be a bug with new patch or a online type of bug u get from playing online like a virus? what else would be able to delete files or something with out your own concent? its weird and i hope this helps some people try and do a google search on the registry cleaners ..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.