"Disconnected from server" every time I join a game (this never used to happen)

M

MegaDude

I've seen one post on here about this, but I'm basically blitzing every forum I can find.
I've been playing Battlefield for months with no problems at all, then suddenly (as of two days ago) I'm getting kicked out of every server I join almost immediately. As far as I can tell quite a few people are having this problem, and only recently (as in the last couple of months) too.

I have an Athlon XP 1800 based system
K7S5A motherboard (I know it's crap....)
512mb of ram
Geforce 4 Ti4200
512k cable-modem broadband (with telewest blueyonder) connected via a USB port
60 gig Seagate ATA 100 hard disk (with loads of free space)
Running Win 98SE

I also have a home LAN of 3 machines running using the winows internet connection sharing software, but even with this switched off the problem still occurs.

Pinging blueyonder (200 times) I'm getting average packet loss of around 3%- is this high, or a fairly normal amount? Unfortunately I don't know what sort of packet loss I was getting before as I never had a reason to check, so I don't know if it's always been about 3% or this is a new thing (and the cause of the problem).

I've written to EA about it, but other people with the same problem have said EA just haven't bothered to respond.

Has ANYONE found a solution to this problem?!?!?!

S

S_E_I_Z_E_R

BF42 player 551 days

If you are have multiple 'disconnected from server' errors - even after re-installing and updating the patches - your Punk Buster client may need manual updating.

This solution may help you, it worked for me after zero feedback and from EA and an evening spent trawling the internet:

Download the appropriate PBWEB for your operating system from the links provided below. Be sure to save into the home "pb" directory on your hard drive (find this here: \Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb) and then launch PBWEB. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory, then it will not work. Note that PBWEB works for all games supported by PunkBuster and it works for both Players and also Admins running PB Servers.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

Patches summary:

1. Install vanilla BF42 + Road to Rome + Secret Weapons = Version 1.45

Download and install: battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19

Download and install: battlefield_1942_incremental_patch_v1.6_to_v1.61b

That's it!

Spread the word...

S

Sublime

Nope Seizer

You're solution does not work seizer. You can stop posting it at every getting DC post. It must be something else but I can't figure it out yet. If I do you'll know

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.