[Discuss] SC2 Mini-Tournament Amendments Pre-#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I disagree. While I'm lazy with scouting, I don't believe that this should be implemented. Rushing will be more common and easier to perform.

rushing across a large map isn't exactly common or easy to perform.. but w/e like I said I don't care too much

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Scouting luck is part of the game. I don't think we should modify the maps in order to remove that.
Removing close-pos spawns isn't about that, but about weakening rushes on maps that have a very rought close-spawn.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Scouting luck is part of the game. I don't think we should modify the maps in order to remove that.
Removing close-pos spawns isn't about that, but about weakening rushes on maps that have a very rought close-spawn.

I approve this message.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Alright I think I do have a general idea what people want via Democracy. However do you guys have any preference with Delta Quadrant? I believe most people want to remove it but I might have gathered a wrongly done census.

Currently right now the approved map list is:
Xel'Naga Fortress (2)[SUP]3 Bases[/SUP]
MLG Xel'Naga Caverns (2)
MLG Metalopolis (4)
MLG Shattered Temple (4)
MLG Shakuras Plateau (4)
MLG Typhon Peaks (4)
MLG Testbug (2)[SUP]3 Bases[/SUP]
GSTL GSL Bel'Shir Beach (2)
GSTL GSL Crossfire (2)
GSTL GSL Crevasse (4)
GSTL GSL Tal'Daram Altar (4)
GSTL GSL Terminus RE (4)​

Also if you have any other changes/suggestions that you would like to have discuss, please post in in the next two days. I know many people who desire to start another Tournament. (Which I believe will be a 1v1 Melee Tournament at the moment)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
any way to create a poll where people can vote for multiple items?

Well yes, I can make a poll where you can vote for more than one thing and make it public so we know who is voting for what.
What would you desire to have a poll about?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
maps to be included in the tournament?

Alright, do you just want the proposed map pool up to be voted on or do you want to include more?
Though keep in mind with Maps, I require at least 10 maps at the end of the day for the Tournament. So it will probably be based on an approval system. Such as if so many people vote for a certain one it will be added.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I was thinking just put all the maps that were suggested, then take the top 10 voted or so maps, allow each person unlimited votes - but if you want the maps ASAP then go with what you have

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
I would suggest preliminary matches before the tournament starts. I don't mean that as in sorting out people no good but rather to see where somebody's skill is at to keep the matches as fair as possible.

Last tournament I was up against the winner of the first tournament and I was the first one out of both.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I would suggest preliminary matches before the tournament starts. I don't mean that as in sorting out people no good but rather to see where somebody's skill is at to keep the matches as fair as possible.

Last tournament I was up against the winner of the first tournament and I was the first one out of both.

if we do something like that then, we would end up with the strongest players defeating each other first, thus taking out the fun of the final match, I think random is the way to go, but then add a double elim or similar such that if you do get unlucky and face a strong player early on, you can keep playing (it's like a 2nd chance type thing)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry guys I was out of town yesturday (Thursday).

I was thinking just put all the maps that were suggested, then take the top 10 voted or so maps, allow each person unlimited votes - but if you want the maps ASAP then go with what you have

I think it might be better to have more than 10 maps. More diversity, and I think most people so far are pleased with our choices.
No idea on Delta Quadrant though still...

@Parliamentary Matches
I have to agree with Slapshot - I rather keep it Random so it doesn't lengthen the tournament.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I think that that sounds really good. I think it'd be a great idea to have trams tournaments :)

I'm writing this all on my phone so it'll be difficult and I may save the post when its not complete, but come back and finish it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
So the last issue for you guys to really make a decision on is what kind of tournamnet will #3 be. Right now its between 1v1 and 2v2.

After that, I can get working on making the next Tournament. However don't feel rushed and if anyone wants to bring in another suggestion you are free too. Just make sure its an idea that would probably have some support behind it.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I would like to see proposed teams for a 2v2 tournament, since our 1v1 had a wide range of skill levels, a 2v2 might just make it even more unbalanced

I should also mention that I likely won't be participating in the next tournament, as I will be on a 2-month vacation, and gaming on a laptop sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.