[Discuss] SC2 Mini-Tournament Amendments Pre-#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
If no one else has any other suggestions, I believe I can start working on Tournament 3, it will be up soon.

Thanks to all that were a part of the conversation. Please give me a notification ether Private Message or Visitor Message on my Profile if you felt that having this kind of Amendment discussion was a good idea or just a was a waste of time.

We have a few changes here and there, and I am glad with the result. The next Tournament will be a 2v2 Tournament utilizing the new map pool.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
So when will this get started? Will the Tourny #3 be 2v2 or 1v1?

Please see the Last Post, Last Sentence.....
Because so many people wanted to have it, we will be having a 2v2. <-- Of Course this means only the 4 Player Maps will be utilized.

So that means the Map Pool would be:
MLG Metalopolis (4)
MLG Shattered Temple (4)
MLG Shakuras Plateau (4)
MLG Typhon Peaks (4)
GSTL GSL Crevasse (4)
GSTL GSL Tal'Daram Altar (4)
GSTL GSL Terminus RE (4)​

Its somewhat small, but no one else really seem to want any other maps. However if anyone has any problems with this map pool or realizes they wanted to add another 2v2 Map. Then you can post below (or in the Tournament 3 Thread if it doesn't come to mind until later).

Its been Holiday here in the United States and I have had work to do elsewhere on the Site. So that is why its been delayed. Though it should be up earliest sometime tonight, latest Wednesday around noonish (EST), unless something horrible happens.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Uhm, there's a huge difference between 1v1 maps and 2v2 maps. These maps are not meant for 2v2. I suggest finding another 2v2 map pool.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think that there will be a big problem, considering this is the first 2v2 tournament for this site (one of the first in SCII history too as far as I know) Also this is a tourney for the funzies, these maps aren't unplayable in 2v2.

Still, I agree that a better map pool can be made, the question is, is it worth it to delay the tournament even more, for some maps which won't make a big difference in the end ?

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
It'll be a slugfest, but I think we can survive using this map pool for 2v2 ;D

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Well okay, we can try... most of the 2v2 maps suck anyway. The problem with these maps though is that there is too much of a distance between you and your ally, so you can't really join forces and the opposing team can just kill one player of the other team.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Still, I agree that a better map pool can be made, the question is, is it worth it to delay the tournament even more, for some maps which won't make a big difference in the end ?

Quite, I was going to delay it further for a better 2v2 Map Pool, but the problem is everyone wants me to start it. Unfortunately the discussion for 2v2 wasn't brought up until after the discussion for map pool ended.

I can easily incorporate actual 2v2 Maps, I just need somebody to tell me which one, or if you guys just want all of them that in Regular Blizzard Pool (which I find unlikely). Though most of you appear not to really care and just want to play. xD

As for the First 2v2, I think we can use these maps, as they can hold 4 players which means they meet our sole requirement.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I'm fine with the maps. As long as you haxxor the match ups and give me Tal'Darim Altar every time :3

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Alright that can easily happen, it will probably be for the best. I just need to know if a good number of you are on board with this.

I'm fine with it.

Miz. I just thought of something.

Hypothetically speaking, say my team wins both the NA and EU tourneys. Which team would be the Grand Champion o_o' I can't very well fight on both teams now, can I?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm fine with it.

Miz. I just thought of something.

Hypothetically speaking, say my team wins both the NA and EU tourneys. Which team would be the Grand Champion o_o' I can't very well fight on both teams now, can I?

Technically there probably wouldn't be a Grand Champion match-up because you could agree to the match against yourself. However there is no rules against entering both leagues.

For the most part everything is done with the Tournament thread except for the Map Pool. I just need to make sure most people are fine with the 2v2 Map pool. If not, we will default to the other 1v1 Map Pool with 4 player maps.

Edited - Added More Maps....

2v2 Map Pool (Can be altered if you post more maps)
Discord IV (4)
Gutterhulk (4)
High Orbit (4)
Khaydarin Depths (4)
Monlyth Ridge (4)
Red Stone Gulch (4)
Scorched Haven (4)
The Ruins of Tarsonis (4)
Tempest (4)
Tarsonis Assault (4)
Twilight Fortress (4)
Arid Wastes (4)
War Zone (4)
Omega Sector (4)

I have 2 people saying yes, but I need some final confirmation. So if you have an opinion say it ASAP! :)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
That's unfortunate :( I need more repzors.

I would like to see Tal'Darim Altar in there :D

By the way, I think having some large maps for some good macro games (like 8 player maps or something) would be nice; however, I'm not sure there are really any good 8 player maps for 2v2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.