[Discuss] TH Mini-Tournament #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
tourny-banner4.png

Mini-Tournament #1 (1v1) | Mini-Tournament #2 (1v1) | Pre-#3 Community Discussion
Mini-Tournament #3 (2v2)

With the uneventful climax to the last Mini-Tournament, many have asked for another Mini-Tournament. I have asked around and have come to a conclusion that another 1v1 tournament would be the most appropriate. However even jumping to that, there are still some issues that need to be resolved.

Deadlines

Through the many Mini-Tournaments I have ran, I have made it so deadlines could be the least strict as possible. Allowing for the most people who wanted to get into the Tournaments to not feel discouraged by a heavy real life schedule. I still stand by the fact that I will give you a range of dates where you can complete the match ups. Yet, I am not sure if more stricter regulations should be put onto the Deadlines themselves.

Many have told me the incident that occurred last time was caused by the 2v2/Team scenario. Regardless this hasn't been the first time in the history of these Tournaments that such issues have come up and I hope to address them.

Referee

There has been some mixed confusion about Referees in past Mini-Tournaments. This one is entirely up to you guys and who volunteers to be a referee. I personally think it will be easier to do without them (at least until the last rounds). However many like the idea of a third-party observer keeping things fair.

The Tournament's Thread & Miz

As I have brought up before, the Tournament Series, is the community's Tournament, so input anywhere is welcomed. When it regards the thread itself: A Mini-Tournament Series Thread is composed of 2 or more Tournaments hosted in different realms (mainly because of Blizzard's lack of Cross-Regional play). Each Mini-Tournament will receive its own post under the main first post that includes: a bracket, a players list (that includes their names, profile links and races), and any other information needed for that specific realm's player. These post will also link to further brackets later on the thread and updates on the tournament.

However with the last Tournament's issues, if any of you wish for me to change in how I conduct the Tournaments, please post with your recommendation and explain to me what you want in detail.

If you feel that someone else should replace me as Chairman, or that Mini-Tournaments should be replaced with some other event, you are free to do so as well.

You can also suggest changing any images/banners you may have a distaste for in the thread. Please just post the appropriate link to the image you are talking about.

Rules & Regulations

This could probably go with the Deadline portion of the thread, but I feel that I once again want to let people know if they want something included or excluded from the Tournaments, that they can post freely to do so.

To suggest a change in the Rules or how games are played, please post below with your recommendation.

You can see all current rules below:

Current Rules & Regulations
1) All games MUST be played on the Server that is designated as host for that specific mini-tournament.

2) All Talk inside the Games should be held in ENGLISH.

3) Players must be respectful to one another at all times within the Tournament. This means no taunting, spamming, or insulting your opponent, as well as rage quitting. We expect you guys to act like adults, so we will not be afraid to enforce this and punishment may extend to your removal from the tournament or even future tournaments.

4) Games can be played against your match up whenever the most time is convenient for both of you. Matches do not have to be held all at once, and can be held at separate times or even separate days. However, games must be played within the given time for that Round and results should be posted in the thread by the deadline.

5) For the first game of every match-up, the first map will be given to you and your opponent after being randomly selected from the map pool. YOU MUST PLAY ON THE MAP CORRESPONDING TO YOUR FIRST GAME IN EVERY MATCH-UP. YOUR GAMES WILL NOT COUNT IF THE FIRST MATCH IS PLAYED WITH A DIFFERENT MAP.

6) After the conclusion of each match, the loser of the previous match will be able to select any map from the pool of his/her choosing. - "Loser's Pick"

7) Each player will be selecting from 4 Race Selections before the tournament even starts. These four extend to Terran, Protoss, Zerg and Random. You can choose ONE of these selections to be your Race for the whole tournament. Players will not be allowed to change their race selection once the tournament begins or anytime after. So once again choose with care.

8) The out come of a Disconnection in a Game will be decided by the two opponents. If both players agree that the game was NOT completely one sided to the point that it was obvious who was going to win. The said game will have a rematch ether immediately or at a later date. (If conflict between the two players occurs, please contact me or post in the thread with the replay and we will review it). This regulation applies for all games, except for the Finals. (See Regulation #13)

9) As well, on the Rare Occasions of a Tie (Where there are no longer any more minerals or attacking units on the field from both sides) the game will end in a rematch.

10) In any cases where Both Players wish to have a rematch for any reason (such as Scheduling problems, Real Life interference, etc.), the players are allowed to hold a Rematch. If both players do not agree, the player that is requesting the Rematch will be forced to forfeit that said match-up.

11) Rematches for a said match can be played ether immediately or at a later time/date but MUST be played before the next map in the match-up order can be played. All Rematches must be played on the same map as the game in conflict.

12) Replays from each game must be submitted to the thread, by ether the two players or any of the spectators involved. This is important for us to ether look back at the game to make a judgment call and also to later make into videos for others to see.

13) Spectators and Observers are allowed in all matches! However, they can not talk specifically to the two players involved in the game (and I mean in anyway), nor can they give any unfair advantage to one or any of the players in the game. All Regulations apply to the Spectators and Observers involved just as if they were any other player. Any rule breaking behavior between Spectators and Observers will result in harsh consequences.

14) For the Final Match-up, all games must contain at least one approved referee from the correct realm list. These Referees will make all judgment calls on Disconnections, Ties, Behavior Problems and will report back that the results posted by the players of each final game is accurate. *This Regulation does include the Grand Champion Match-ups but it does not affect Third Place match-ups where the referee is still optional.

15) To keep the Tournament as streamline as possible, Players must communicate with their opponents in some form (preferably in Private Messages). If a Player in the match up becomes extremely inactive and has not responded to their opponent on the basis of scheduling their match ups by the deadline of the round. The player that is inactive and has not responded will be kicked from the Tournament. If the reasons for your Inactivity were Personal or out of your control you can contact me and the punishments will be ether wavered or lessened.

16) And last but not least, do not forget in the heat of the games to enjoy yourself and have fun.

Map Pool

Lastly but probably the most important issues: the Map Pool for 1v1. We did pick a 1v1 Map Pool last amendment process (even though we did a 2v2 Tournament). The real question is, between the several months since we last picked a Map Pool has the preferred 1v1 maps changed?

The Current Map Pool for 1v1 is:
Xel'Naga Fortress (2)[SUP]3 Bases[/SUP]
MLG Xel'Naga Caverns (2)
MLG Metalopolis (4)
MLG Shattered Temple (4)
MLG Shakuras Plateau (4)
MLG Typhon Peaks (4)
MLG Testbug (2)[SUP]3 Bases[/SUP]
GSTL GSL Bel'Shir Beach (2)
GSTL GSL Crossfire (2)
GSTL GSL Crevasse (4)
GSTL GSL Tal'Daram Altar (4)
GSTL GSL Terminus RE (4)​

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
new mini-tourny. havnt done any of the previous 1v1s but theres a first for everything
will also give me reason to start playing again (shut up skyrim, youll still get your daily 10 hours of lovin time)

il sign up when it starts :D

as for the map pool i really like it, but i think its a bit too much. personally id say stick with either the MLG maps + xelnaga fortress, or the GSTL GSL maps + Xelnaga fortress. just my opinion though.

also maybe give each player 1 veto on a map per set? some ideas

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im up for this. I love the GSL maps.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to play as well, though i have played only very little in the last couple of months. But i can still do it for the lulz i guess.

Although i am a zerg player, or at least i consider myself to be a zerg player, i will take random. Wont make any difference i guess since i am playing so rarely that i am not fully dedicated to one race or the other anyways.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
im down to try
im a random player too
im currently in bronze league but im generally top 8 ~4th and i easily beat gold players frequently when playing custom games

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well this thread isn't for signing up. Its to decide on some matters, such as a map pool. The faster I can get a census on what people want and how they feel about deadlines and things, the faster I can get the real tournament thread up. I am thinking of having this thread up for about a week regardless.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I vote the GSL maps. I don't mind the MLG ones, but I think the GSL are better.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Okay, i am sorry.
I am perfectly fine with the rules. No changes needed in my opinion.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am okay with anything as long as it isn't as absurd as an FFA tournament.

No idea how that would work :p

1v1 will definately be the best though.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well it will definitely be 1v1, I ran into some computer troubles last week, but I am back so I will be getting on this.

If no objections soon, the same Map Pool will be used.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I would vote for a double-elimination tournament, but il join and play just about anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.