[Discussion]If Learning Jass will help on the map editor of SCII?

A

ai-01001

After I ready a little bit about Jass, I think it's not a thing that can be learned within few months... So , Will Jass related to all the Blizzard Game map editors?
I'm a noob on programing, so dont laugh or curse on me, Just a question, wish anyone could show a answer or something....~:D

A

ai-01001

By the way , I am very interested in map editing but time is limited, cant spend plantly of time on it, that's why I want to know the thing about jass~

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
JASS will not be used in the Starcraft II editor sadly, but i'm pretty sure if you're used to the GUI functions in Warcraft III, it will be easy to get started with GUI in Starcraft II.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Im not sure whether or not JASS is common on all blizzard platforms, but im guessing that it would be something similar. Warcraft and Starcraft have similar concepts in relation to how things are done within the game.

It would probably be a good idea to learn JASS. It doesn't take very long to learn at all, there are a lot of tutorials on this site that can boost your JASS knowledge in only a few days.

P.S: Don't double post. You may make someone angry. :p

A

ai-01001

Thanks for your guys reply, I appreciated it, and ...by the way, I don't double post , I suppose?:eek:

Wait i got it, u mean I replied my own post?.....

A

ai-01001

And that's why my parents dont suggest me be a programer... it just keep changing...gosh....

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Tell your parents they are fags. Lol. Programming is one of the best things to do for money, and a lot of the languages have same/similar mechanics and all you need is a syntax guide. Anyways, SC2 will use C++ or something like it, I believe.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I heard that SCUMEdit is going to have its language "C based", so it will be a different language. However, knowing JASS gets you a bit familiar with programming languages

Knowing a language always makes it easier when you're learning another, because many things are similar, and some could even transfer over. JASS is a very limited "language" in that it applies to the objects inside of Warcraft III, whereas programming languages are very open.

However, I am trying to learn Perl and Visual Basics, and JASS has made things 10x easier, even though almost nothing is the same in syntax.

Learn JASS, and expect similarities in the new editor, but don't expect syntax to be the exact same thing.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Just as a note, if you don't know what syntax is, syntax is how the code in the programming language is built and written in a certain order / capitalization .. etc

Also, really? If ScumEdit will be more of a C/C++ programming oriented language, then that will be better for me :D, I am too lazy to learn stuff like JASS, etc ...

But, I am currently learning: More C++, ActionScript 3.0, and PHP, :p

A

ai-01001

Thanks, learned a lot, anyway, it's really fun to programing;) while it's also make me crazy when I dont know where I got it wrong:banghead:, but the relief after I corrected...it's so good ~:D

Let me just try to learn C language, since it's the basic...right? I suppose? Which is the best language to learn for a beginner? guys, any suggestions?:confused:

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Well all languages can be learned by a beginner. I'd start with a fairly simple langauge, such as C++ or C and read some tutorials. You'll get better from there. :thup:

Reaction score
Thanks, learned a lot, anyway, it's really fun to programing;) while it's also make me crazy when I dont know where I got it wrong:banghead:, but the relief after I corrected...it's so good ~:D

Let me just try to learn C language, since it's the basic...right? I suppose? Which is the best language to learn for a beginner? guys, any suggestions?:confused:

http://www.python.org/

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Well all languages can be learned by a beginner. I'd start with a fairly simple langauge, such as C++ or C and read some tutorials. You'll get better from there. :thup:
C++ is not a fairly simple language. It's...object-oriented!!!!one1111!!!11!!! :eek:

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
my suggestion is c# or .net, .net does include visual basic and support of others, but C# is like a cleaned up version of c++. Its not quite as fast, But for most programs you wont notice a difference, and if you get real deep you can always just do the high processing stuff in c++ anyway.

c# is just a easier programing language to learn, and is becoming main stream, although it was made after c++, it isn't taking over its role, but is a very powerful tool.

A

ai-01001

my suggestion is c# or .net, .net does include visual basic and support of others, but C# is like a cleaned up version of c++. Its not quite as fast, But for most programs you wont notice a difference, and if you get real deep you can always just do the high processing stuff in c++ anyway.

c# is just a easier programing language to learn, and is becoming main stream, although it was made after c++, it isn't taking over its role, but is a very powerful tool.

Well, Guess I should do more study on C# or C++,Thank you guys:thup:.....But what's the best program for these language? Since I used simplest software before(forgot the name) it just keep pop up mistakes and I cant figure out...So plz, tell me what u guys use to programing usually?:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.