Display Text Message problem (triggers) help please

S

smotkid

Hi i have a problem with using the "display text message" action for triggers,

lets say theres a civilian and i make it so when the civ goes to a beacon, a text message comes up.

im sort of in that position but usually i move the civilian and only I see the text message, no one else does

the trigger is for players 1-6 and its only working for me, please help :confused:

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Post the trigger. I may have a low post count, but I know quite a bit about starcraft mapping.

E

eRyAnCrAfT

Try under 'actions' use preserve trigger, if you have that already you may consider doing the trigger for 'current player'

F

-fool-

do current player or all players... (im guessing p7 and p8 are comps.. so it doesnt matter. if not do Force 1.

display text message always gave me problems..

E

eRyAnCrAfT

tell me about it.... I also was wondering how much a "starcraft" millisecond equals on the Earth cuz its definitely not right.

F

-fool-

lol yea. theres a few things in the sc editor that just make you ask.. wtf????/ 1+1=1????

starcraft seconds (wait triggers, elapsed time, countdown timer) works as earth seconds in NORMAL game speed. No one plays normal game speed. Everyone plays fastest. So a 1 min countdown timer or 60,000 milisecond wait will be a lot less.

E

eRyAnCrAfT

O thanks, i waz always wondering why that happened because I put 3000 milliseconds and it equalks like 1 second.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.