Display text messages not working

D

Dipsoid

Text messages are only sent to player one. I've done a search on this, and it seems like a frequent issue, but none of the solutions offered in any of the threads have worked for me.

Here's my triggers, tell me how to make it work.

all players
----------
c-->always
a-->diplay text (always display is checked)
set timer 60 seconds

This works fine,

Here's the problem triggers, I want the trigger to repeat every 60 seconds.

all players
----------
c-->timer exactly 0 game seconds
a-->add 60 seconds
set switch 1
preserve trigger

all players
----------
c-->switch 1 set
a-->display text (always display)
clear switch 1
preserve trigger

Any suggestions?

V

victimchild

What happens when you use these triggers? Are you using hyper triggers in this map? what I think is happening is the switches are acting too fast, so that the message appears, and disappears in an extremely small amount of time. Try adding a wait to the last trigger before the switch clears.

D

Dipsoid

No that's not the problem because it works fine for player one, but any other players in the map will not see the messge. I will try adding a wait though, thanks.

EDIT:
By the way, what are hyper triggers? I'm not an experienced map maker.

V

victimchild

Well, if you don't know what they are then you most certainly can't be using them, but if you want to learn about them you should do a search. it will pop up with loads of hits.

D

Dipsoid

Thanks, will do. Any other suggestions on how I can make this trigger work? I've looked at other maps with multiple players that have text messages that wotrk for every player, but all they do is set the trigger for all players, or the players the trigger/s apply to. This is driving me nuts! :banghead: I might just post on staredit.net though. I'd rather not post a new subject, but the search function on that forum is awful, none of the results that come up are relavent.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
If you're having trouble using a switch you could always use a substitute for a switch, like neutral comps resources.

I actualy prefer the numerical option cuz it have more...steps...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.