Display text to only one player?

nabbig2

Reaction score
I am using (Display to Playergroup-player1) but the poroblem is that I think it's displaying it to everyone on my team.

For instance, in this trigger I am displaying something to player 1, 2, and 3. But it displays the message 3 times to me when I test as any player. What do I need to do to make it simply display a message to one player?

Code:
Oh my fucking god
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Number of living Keep units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Town Hall units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Castle units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Sanctuary Fortress units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Great Hall units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Stronghold units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Fortress units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Bastion units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Necropolis units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Halls of the Dead units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Black Citadel units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Citadel of Darkness units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of Life units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of Ages units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of Eternity units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of PreHistory units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Town Hall units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Keep units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Castle units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Sanctuary Fortress units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Great Hall units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Stronghold units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Fortress units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Bastion units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Necropolis units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Halls of the Dead units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Black Citadel units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Citadel of Darkness units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of Life units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of Ages units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of PreHistory units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of Eternity units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Town Hall units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Keep units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Castle units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Sanctuary Fortress units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Great Hall units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Stronghold units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Fortress units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Bastion units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Necropolis units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Halls of the Dead units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Citadel of Darkness units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Black Citadel units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of Life units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of Ages units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of Eternity units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
                (Number of living Tree of PreHistory units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to 0
    Actions
        Set Player1untis = (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 1 (Red))
        Set Player2untis = (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 2 (Blue))
        Set Player3untis = (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 3 (Teal))
        Quest - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the Quest Update message: Defeat...  Awards:
        Quest - Display to Player Group - Player 2 (Blue) the Quest Update message: Defeat...  Awards:
        Quest - Display to Player Group - Player 3 (Teal) the Quest Update message: Defeat...  Awards:

The event is so long because I am making it so that when all the players on the team run out of Bases (town hall, tree, etc.), the team loses.

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
first of all there is no need to use JASS unless it cant be done in GUI second of wall you have to display it as Explicitly To select player text after this event happens, thats how simple it should be because ive done that on a Ladder map i made

nabbig2

Reaction score
Well there is no JASS in my trigger at all...

I also tried an explicit timer, but it does the same thing by displaying it 3 times.

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
wait repeat your problem to me im confused now. is the problem A. its showing it 3 times to the player B. showing it 3 times by means of showing it once to 3 different players or is it C. Showing 3 times to all 3 players

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
alright so its suppoes to display just once to the 1 player whom triggered it by losing that building. Which means your first problem is its displaying it 3 times like spam. delete the xtra triggers thats the only reason i can see it not working because you have extras end there that repeat it over and over.
also to help this make a separate trigger for each player not all in one that might be a problem. Also doing that when you do the trigger Display this text explicity to this event, it will insure further its displayed to just that 1 player. and having the triggers separated will make it far more clear when looking at it for simple mistakes because of typos and what not.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
>I am using (Display to Playergroup-player1) but the poroblem is that I think it's displaying it to everyone on my team.

For instance, in this trigger I am displaying something to player 1, 2, and 3. But it displays the message 3 times to me when I test as any player. What do I need to do to make it simply display a message to one player?<

make a playergroup varrible with only player 1 in and display it to him?

Hellohihi

Reaction score
You are using:
Trigger:
  • Quest - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the Quest Update message: Defeat... Awards:

I suggest using:

Trigger:
  • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 5.00 seconds the text: Defeat.. blah blah blah...

nabbig2

Reaction score
Well, thanks for the help guys but I have used :
Code:
Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 5.00 seconds the text:

It was no different.

I have also tried assigning the player group of player 1 to a variable, but that also did not work.

It is supposed to display the text to everybody on the team, but the text will be different for Players 1, 2, and 3. I still can't get it to work...:banghead:

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Try Convert Player to Player Group(Player 1) so
Game - Display to (Convert Player to Player Group(Player 1 (Red)) for 5.00 seconds the text:

I know there is something like that, not positive thats what its called as I dont have my editor right now, but I use it alot to display things to only a player owning triggering unit ect.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Okay I found the problem...it was doing it once for each time a unit was dying, and that's a lot of time since all of the player's units are killed.

But thanks anyway to those who helped, I will add rep.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.