TD Divide Tower Defense

krazy6446

Reaction score
Hello, thehelper.net. I was recently trying to make a TD map, but I found no tutorials. Then I found this place, and a great tut. So I started working on the structure of the map, but as I have never made a wc3 map before, I am completely blank. So I wonder if anyone at these forums can help me making this map. Any small help, or even feedback is helpful.

Currently working on: Making towers

On the agenda -
Make structure for the map
Plot towers and creeps
Make Towers
Make Creeps
Make
Triggers
Add scenery to the map

Currently needing someone who can put scenery on the map.

Map type: Tower Defense
Player spawns: 10
Size: Small
Mini map(v2):
291nyj8.jpg

Notes: Yes, I know it looks like the Wintermaul map, but I have made it all by my self. One difference is that my map has 6 player starts at the top, not 3.

If you want to help me, pm me and I'll get to you.

-Krazy6446

manofsteel

Reaction score
Some more information please, what makes this special? and that dosen't have to be wintermaul but it's more a maul then a td. Also I think the terrain needs some work, try adding some tile variation, and doodads where the creeps dosen't walk so that it looks better.
Anyway good luck with this project.

krazy6446

Reaction score
Some more information please, what makes this special? and that dosen't have to be wintermaul but it's more a maul then a td. Also I think the terrain needs some work, try adding some tile variation, and doodads where the creeps dosen't walk so that it looks better.
Anyway good luck with this project.

Yes, it is based on a maul, though you cannot maze, you have to build on the walls. I haven't added scenery yet, as I started an hour+ ago. Thanks for the feedback :)

krazy6446

Reaction score
OK, so it is 23:30 hours since my last post here(at least if the time here and on the forums are right).

I should sorely need some direct help with tower abilities, scenery, triggers, difficulty and the creeps. If anyone could talk to me via a IM I would be very pleased.

All my towers and creeps have been planned out, and I am currently working on actually making the towers.

As I said in my first post, any ideas are happily accepted.

krazy6446

Reaction score
Ok, so I've been working all day.

Changed all the tiles, lowered the building areas, made three quarters of the towers.

Removed one player spot.

Only thing I need help with now, is to put in the doodads, as I always put in those who don't fit and too many of them.

krazy6446

Reaction score
I am now done creating the towers. I am also half-way through the creeps, although I need help balancing.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Let me just give you a quote from a very wise man known as Acehart. Your map should meet this criteria or it will be a total failure.

I gave him a question what does make a td map attractive. His answer is wise.

The ability to pass the first two waves on first try.
With very few exceptions, they all fail there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.