DnD Suggestions?

chanta45

Reaction score
Haha i'm a tad bored at 5 in the morning so I got a scenario here in ma buddies campaign, and why not ask what you guys would do.

Anyways, right now we are currently playing in the capital of Dorom, which is a pretty big city. Religion plays a big part in the campaign, in Dorom we believe in "The Order" which is a typical Judaism/Christianity religion believing in the coming of a messiah. There are also the Heretics, which are the bad guys, I havn't too much looked into their religion yet. Anyways The Order reluctantly keeps trade open with the Heretics for economy reasons, but still treat them like the plague. The Port is where the majority of trading goes on, and most of the time Heretics are dressed like normal peeps so you can't tell, but remember not all Heretics are bad right!

Haha random story from the campaign.
Hah I went down to the port just looking around for a lead onto a Heretic encampment that was causing trouble for The Order. Anyways in a shady little stall this one guy was challenging people to a drinking contest, and for 1 silver you could win 10 gold. So I was like meh why not and went in there to go challenge him. To make the challenge a little more interesting, we put a drop of Alchemists Fire in each drink. I was holding out pretty good but obviously I wasn't wearing this guy down hah, and using ma spellcraft skill I found out the little bitch was using a ring of regeneration... So I called him out on it and before I knew it two thugs had me pinned down and he was pouring alchemist fire all over me, that wasn't pleasant hah.

Anyways I decided to play a diplomatic character, and as such I got an opportunity to run for the senate, the DM put a little backstory in and i'm pretty well known because my parents were servitors of the Order and are decently high ranking. (Also the other player which is a good buddy of mine is played out as being my brother who is a firm believer in The Order, haah i'm a Yuan-Ti and he is a Genasi, we were both found and adopted). About 20 of the 50 senate members are in The Order, and the top senator (The Consul) is an order member as well.

What do you guys think I should do and how should I appeal to the people and The Order at the same time?

- Wheres all the RP'ers? 23 views and no responses? *Sniffle*

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Well...what exactly are you trying to do here?

chanta45

Reaction score
Well i'm trying to get into the senate right, and I don't know I was thinking of how to deal with the heretic problem and get some entertainment going on. I went to the slums and there was hobos lying around of course, and I want to think of a way I can help them out.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
I don't know your DM or your campaign scenario too well, but generally in the world of Fae'Run (I'm not a D&D geek, btw, I just play a lot of Baldur's Gate. No offense! =D) the Yuan-Ti are not to be trusted. Now, I understand the circumstances of how your character came to be good, but I doubt that you would realistically be able to get on the Senate with that character.

Now, you mentioned something about dealing with all the Hobos lining the streets? Well, that's easy. Eat 'em. They'll taste delicious, and if you do it at night you're much less likely to be caught. Plus, the streets will look nicer and have less trash-people filling them up, and maybe, just maybe, the people will start to appreciate how helpful it could be to have a person-eating creature on the Senate. Just my two cents.

chanta45

Reaction score
Lmao nicely done, and yah reading the MM it was saying that the Yuan-Ti are sneaky little bastards which are not to be trusted. My char is like that deep down, but he's been raised as a good guy (though hes played out as neutral.) Haha I think i'll go eat some hobos next session.

chanta45

Reaction score
Well let me appease said idle curiosity, we finally got my DM to play with 3.5. He doesn't like 4th edition because it makes peeps really strong, maybe for a high powered campaign.

@ Fatmankev

I think I might be moving to Eldran where Heresy is encouraged and it's pretty much a fend for yourself place where almost anything goes, depends if I get banished from the order for drinking on the job or not.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Lol, that's quite a change of scenery, their, going from running for Senator of the Order to joining the Heretics in their homeland :p Oh well, not like it really matters, I feel like you'll be able to have a lot more imaginative fun in a place like that with your particular character. Also, out of curiosity, what does your Yuan-Ti look like? Torso of a man, with a serpent's head and lower body? Or is it a humanoid body with some slanted-eye action and a tail or somethin', but complete with legs 'n shit. Or rather, are you more human, or serpent?

chanta45

Reaction score
Hah Fatmankev you sound genuinly interested! Iz nice!

A Yuan-Ti looks like a more slender version of a human, only slight details seperate us... The eyes are a bit thinner and I have higher cheekbones, plus I have slightly green tinted skin. Funny thing is the head senator (The consulate Linus) approached me and told me I should wear make up so other members would find me more approachable, I was like psht I represent the minor races biznizzle!

I'm now a senator! Haha we had quite a heated debate between the secularists and the religious senators, unfortunately we're outnumbers by 10 members so i'll have to work on converting some of the religious ones or at least keep the order involved in some of the bills that are passed. Also my brother in the campaign a genasi (An elemental human basically) is getting some shit from the order because of me, but whatever blood is thicker then water right?

I also opened up my own gold mine :) Currently i'm paying tribute too a nasty green dragon juvenile who took the liberty of slapping me around until I agreed. I payed a lad a few gold to go see if he could find some dragon hunters for me though ;) Hopfully that will work out and I can get that bastard out of my hair, I had to pay the miners extra hazard pay and alot of them left because of that stupid dragon.

Oh I almost forgot, while looking for some valuable minerals I stumbled upon this old ass gnome relic, its basically a giant looking glass but it has no discernible magic qualities as it now stands, not sure what to do with it but I have it in my mine right now and i'm working on putting it together. Hopefully it's something cool but I have no idea what to make of it.

Anyways, i'll keep y'all updated because I'm going to my DM's house and we'll probably end up playing. Peace!

------------------------------------------------ UPDATE!

Alright so some wierd shit went down! Haha I went a little off the deep end and during a senate meeting I attempted to shoot Linus with my crossbow dead in front of me. (I had enough of his bull) now that didn't go down to well and I was executed. Anyways, Kenneth (One of the secularists and head of the economy) ressurected me into a new body. (A nice one by the way) and now i'm serving as his bodyguard. Strange but fun, anyways not much went on that session but it was still fun. Later peeps

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.