• A little bit

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 16 16.3%

• Total voters

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
There's a one page limit before you need to use quotes.

Varine

Reaction score
No it's not. We're all arguing about whether there is mass or weight in space.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

So, we're using heat from super-heated material that is so hot that it cannot be contained in anything other than a simple electro-magnetic field, letting the super-heated gas fly out a pin-sized hole in that said electro-magnetic field.
If even a small rock punctured the electro-magnetic field... the heat would rush out of the hole that was opened for even just a fraction of a millisecond and...
Anyone else seeing a potential fail here?

Varine

Reaction score
So, we're using heat from super-heated material that is so hot that it cannot be contained in anything other than a simple electro-magnetic field, letting the super-heated gas fly out a pin-sized hole in that said electro-magnetic field.
If even a small rock punctured the electro-magnetic field... the heat would rush out of the hole that was opened for even just a fraction of a millisecond and...
Anyone else seeing a potential fail here?

No because there's going to be a force field genius.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
um, a force field made out of what?

I believe that there is life of some sort out there, but sentient life, not so likely. Developing sentience needs luck since a bigger brain takes more energy and will only start paying off like 50 generations later when the brain gets big enough to start thinking about using tools.

If there is life out there I think it's more likely that we will discover it instead of it discovering us.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
In the infinite span of the universe the chance of us being the only sentient beings is so small it's almost impossible.

Yes. Although the aliens visiting earth, i doubt that. People are paranoid, not to mention gullible x)

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
If there is life out there I think it's more likely that we will discover it instead of it discovering us.
Don't forget that those planets that formed early in the universe's existence and were lucky enough to be able to harbor life would have an amazing head-start contrary to our civilization.

Or it might be vice-versa, that we are the ones that started early.

Time will probably tell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.