• A little bit

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 16 16.3%

• Total voters

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
The choices make it seem as if the question is subjective. Aliens either exist or they do not, I don't see how someone can think they exist a little bit. I believe they exist, but I can't know until I see them. I do not however, believe they traveled millions of light years to watch us, I'm sure they have better things to do with the ability to travel across the universe than watch a primitive species (unless Earth is some sort of zoo to them, but I doubt it)

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Aliens are creatures that come from a different world. Now lets put it this way. Every grain of sand is one star in the universe. Each star has 7 planets mostly. Now, to have enough stars for the milky way, ud need a fairly large beach filled with sand so that every grain of sand is one star. Now lets say every grain of sand is one galaxy. Ud need all the sand in the world to roughly say thats how much galaxys exist now. Now I don't believe that all these stars and all exist without another creature out there. UFO's don't need to be smart. For all we know, they could be some contorted creatures that have 8 legs. Chances are that they do exist.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I completely doubt that over the span of the entire universe that Earth is the only planet in which life can exist.

Yes.

I'm voting a little bit because, well as Cheesy said it's a bit ignorant to to say life exists no where else.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I believe that aliens do exist, but not nescessarily in a humanoid form. They could be bacteria :)

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
For all we know, they could be some wierd contorted versions of pokemon of yugioh.
No. Because evolution applies to any form of life, be it on Earth or another planet. You won't find species that are formed like pokemon, because they won't be suited for the environment.

Granted, you will find variety in species as well, but not to such extremes.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I mean they look. And we don't know the enviroment on other planets. We could only assume so you can't say its not possible.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Why do people still have that darn discussion?:eek:

It's like asking "What is there in that unlabeled can?". There is not anyone on this planet that can answer that question for certain without opening it.

What I am trying to say is. We can not know if there is any if we do not find any. Yes, it means that we can not say for sure that there is not any either.

A question you could ask that is possible to answer:
Do you want to know if there is something out there?

Everyone that thinks that there is nothing out there. I would take a guess on that most of you if anyone mentions extra terrestrial or alien around you, the first image that pops up into your head is of something that would want to kill us.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>What I am trying to say is. We can not know if there is any if we do not find any. Yes, it means that we can not say for sure that there is not any either.

Obviously. That's why it's a debate. If it was a fact there would be nothing to argue...

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Everyone that thinks that there is nothing out there. I would take a guess on that most of you if anyone mentions extra terrestrial or alien around you, the first image that pops up into your head is of something that would want to kill us.

first thing that pops into my head is bacteria. Or some other basic lifeform.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
>>What I am trying to say is. We can not know if there is any if we do not find any. Yes, it means that we can not say for sure that there is not any either.

Obviously. That's why it's a debate. If it was a fact there would be nothing to argue...

Yeah except people argue facts all the time because they don't feel like believing it. Like those people that say the Blair Witch Project and District 9 were fake.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
if aliens did exist we would never reach the technology level to reach them. We wouldnt survive going outside of the earths protective atmosphere. the apolo 11 landing was because the earth's atmosphere was able to stretch just enough to cover the moon and make it safe. Space missions are still in our atmosphere

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
No actually the apolo mission worked cause the moon is a day away from earth. It has nothing to do with the atmosphere and the tempature on the moon is just like it is in space. We left our atmosphere, we just can't reach mars with people because it takes way too long. It has been done with robots though.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
What does the moon being a day away from the earth have to do with landing on the moon. Second, i never said anything about temperature. And the moon has no atmosphere so its 253 Fahrenheit during the day.

Reaction score
if aliens did exist we would never reach the technology level to reach them. We wouldnt survive going outside of the earths protective atmosphere. the apolo 11 landing was because the earth's atmosphere was able to stretch just enough to cover the moon and make it safe. Space missions are still in our atmosphere

Even by the most generous interpretation, the Earth's atmosphere only reaches about halfway to the moon.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No actually the apolo mission worked cause the moon is a day away from earth. It has nothing to do with the atmosphere and the tempature on the moon is just like it is in space. We left our atmosphere, we just can't reach mars with people because it takes way too long. It has been done with robots though.

Well NASA has been planning a mission to manned mission to mars for a while now.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Too bad it won't happen for a long time due to the fact that humans can't really survive on a ship for 3 months. Not enough storage for that to work.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Too bad it won't happen for a long time due to the fact that humans can't really survive on a ship for 3 months. Not enough storage for that to work.

Noone said anythig about storage, right? Ive seen a great construction involving solar energy, greenhouses, and farms. Space Ships of the future will be self sustaining rather than take tons of food with them. The main problem is gathering enough energy and getting water from somewhere.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.