Do Hashtables Leak?

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Hi Every1,

Now the title asks if they leak which I'm quite sure they do as I should clear them after using it but the question is,
Can I load a bunch of values into a table and leave them there to be access at various stages without causing problems to the game?

Couple reason why I want to do this.
> I will use this to have random item drops when creeps die or chests opened etc
> Certain skills that create say random scrolls or potions.

Thanks

TomTTT

Reaction score
yeah you can. Hashtables do not leak. Though there is a limit to the amount of hashtables you can have, 512 if I'm correct.

TomTTT

Reaction score
in quantity. And yeah I forgot ic3_water handles do leak but not the hastables themselves

inevit4ble

Reaction score
so i can create the table without leak but loading the values into the table will leak? just to be clear

Dirac

Reaction score
No, who said that??

What does leak is that if you save a handle into your hashtable (point,trigger,rect,etc) it leaks and has to be destroyed after using, just as any other var

inevit4ble

Reaction score
ok so having a hashtable loaded or not will leak fullstop. ok

So would I have to load the table each time I would want to spawn random items from the sets?
Not sure this will go down too well cause its a large amount of items for it to choose from. I thought this would work like "spawn random item from group" but I guess not

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.