Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feralex

Reaction score
I was surprised when i noticed that no one has touched on this (correct me if im wrong). I think the existence of god is a important and very interesting topic. I was raised in a protestant christian family and considered myself a christian for 17 years but i am an atheist now. I think that believing in something without justification and evidence is irrationell, even if it happens to be true, because otherwise you can believe in anything.

Edit:
It would be more interesting if you explained why you do or don't believe in God.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
No, I don't. Currently, every friday, I go to the priest's house to talk about god, (that's something we do, dunno if other countries do it.) but, no, it's too naive for me.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I can see this thread getting locked, very very soon.

18181940kw8.jpg

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I was surprised when i noticed that no one has touched on this (correct me if im wrong).
Because a debate on the existence of (a) God could be a touchy subject for some, and could get out of hand :p

There are some things you can't see until you believe...
On the other hand, there are things you can't believe until you see them.

Nice pic there DDRtists :D

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Truly watch what you say in this thread. Keep it clean.

But more on topic; no I don't.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I can see this thread getting locked, very very soon.

18181940kw8.jpg

Awesome, but yeah, that's how it is.
But, anyways, there are also minor things who make me think that there is something.

I just read in some magazine (my grandpa who was biotechnican also says it.) that if the temperature had been 0.00000001 (or something like that.) degrees colder or warmer, Big Bang never could have happened. Scary... :nuts:

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
I just read in some magazine (my grandpa who was biotechnican also says it.) that if the temperature had been 0.00000001 (or something like that.) degrees colder or warmer, Big Bang never could have happened. Scary... :nuts:

oh cause everything u hear in magazines and from the tv is right :rolleyes:

on topic:

thats.. really hard to say, in times of trouble and great emotional stress i do pray.. however sad that seems to me in my current mind set.. no im not religious

Reaction score
oh cause everything u hear in magazines and from the tv is right :rolleyes:

What he originally read was probably accurate. It is true that our universe and its constants are perfectly fine tuned for stability (as we see it) and for life (as we know it), and that even minor differences in the initial conditions or physical constants could have resulted in a universe in which the existence of life such as ours is impossible. This idea is usually referred to as The Goldilocks Universe.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
What he originally read was probably accurate. It is true that our universe and its constants are perfectly fine tuned for stability (as we see it) and for life (as we know it), and that even minor differences in the initial conditions or physical constants could have resulted in a universe in which the existence of life such as ours is impossible. This idea is usually referred to as The Goldilocks Universe.

Pawnt.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
"If god really exists he is kind of an asshole to make life so damn unfair and make some people hunger wile others life in wealth."
True or false?

What does god aim for?

And no, I don't believe in god.

Zakyath

Reaction score
"And even if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him"
something that popped up in my mind, dunno where I've heard it.

No, I don't believe in God. There might be a God, but I don't believe in one. Neither do I believe we can know that there is no God.

Reaction score
"And even if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him"
something that popped up in my mind, dunno where I've heard it.

No, I don't believe in God. There might be a God, but I don't believe in one. Neither do I believe we can know that there is no God.

Isn't it the other way round?

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." - Voltaire

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
God? Show me a miracle and I'll show you smoke and mirrors. Science FTW(even though i have C in chemistry....)

No i don't believe in god...Nothing up to date has given me a reason to believe....I've gone to church with the family but all i did there was play tetris on my cell phone....level 11 high score....

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I beleave that we do not controll our faith.But who controlls it is anouther question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.