• Mixed opinion (explain)

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • I'm feeling lucky today!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I agree, we aren't born with luck, but it doesn't explain why some people have Moar luck then other?!

...why must you always controdict yourself in your own post?! It's all random. You are not luckier. You were the one that got the random event. Theres not some magic creature watching you or anything.
Why does everything need a reason? Why can't you just got "Sweet, a random event". Nah, you definitely are "luckier" than everyone else because you had more random events! :|

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
You don't understand. The word "luck" and it's concept was made up by people. There's no such predetermined thing. If a person wins two lotteries in a day, it means just that - a person won two lotteries. He doesn't have a luck gene, or a lucky spoon in his pocket that has magical effects. However we will call this good fortune "luck", thus it's a human made up thing.
I completely second this opinion.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Winning the lottery. No luck. Pure skill.

Anyway. Luck is cool. He's a nice guy, I know him.

But yeah, it's just your perspective. Phyrex got it good I think.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Why can't you just got "Sweet, a random event". Nah, you definitely are "luckier" than everyone else because you had more random events! :|
Sure it's sweet! lol They can have hell a lot of Lucky events they want.
But, let's say a person, win on evry games there is. Would you still say it's random events "evry time?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Would you still say it's random events "evry time?

I just said that I do not believe in luck, so you went on to agree with me and then ask me the same question that you just agreed with? Your method of posting confuses me...
I'd say the person knows what hes doing, or he just happened to be the one that won the game. There is not a magic spell cast on him that makes him magically luckier.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Luck, for me is only when, for example, I am tired, usually the bus is full, but today there are a lot of free spots.

As for the bigger picture, you are responsible for it.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Sure it's sweet! lol They can have hell a lot of Lucky events they want.
But, let's say a person, win on evry games there is. Would you still say it's random events "evry time?

If someone won every game that would be very random indeed. That's the point of random. It's random.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
If someone won every game that would be very random indeed. That's the point of random. It's random.

Why do we try to explain things to him rationally? What we need to do is explain things as irrationally as possible and see if that works.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Why do we try to explain things to him rationally? What we need to do is explain things as irrationally as possible and see if that works.

It won't matter what we say, thats the power of being closed-minded! :)

Zakyath

Reaction score
Oh dear
But still it's means. He had a lucky day, days
"after" it has happened.

Yes, he might be considered lucky. But him being considered lucky won't make good things happen to him. Luck is what we call what happened, luck is not what made it happen.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
^ If he was "lucky" he wouldn't have gotten himself into a situation where he finds himself in a crushed vehicle.

Look around you? Is there danger? Problems? Is stuff exploding around you and shit is flying everywhere? For most of you, probably not, so you might as well consider every person here the luckiest man alive.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
^ That's extremely fishy isn't it? LOL

If he was "lucky" he wouldn't have gotten himself into a situation where he finds himself in a crushed vehicle.
Well, he didn't know it would happen to him. Right?
So: bad luck turned to good luck kinda way. No?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.