Do you believe in lucky charms/objects ?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
If so, what is/are your lucky charm/s and what feelings do you get when you carry them ?
If you don't, does it mean that you don't believe in their magic power ?

Zakyath

Reaction score
I don't believe in magic, since no one since the dawn of time has stumbled upon this "magic"

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Depends on how you define magic. My spare tire, lug wrench, and car jack are my lucky charms, because they make sure a flat tire rarely happens (you can look at this two ways: insurance against Murphy's Law, or just having a spare tire to change in the event that I do have a flat tire).

As for the more traditional idea of magic, no such thing.

Clarke's third law:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Exception: Magnets work on something similar to magic: miracles.

FireCat

Reaction score
I don't believe in magic, since no one since the dawn of time has stumbled upon this "magic"
So why would anyone ever use it?

etc.....
Weirdest Lucky Charms in Sports
Wade Anthony Boggs’ Chicken Fixation

According to a story on the New York Daily News Web site, this famous baseball player insisted on eating chicken before every game as a good luck tradition.

Milwaukee Bucks Fishing Lure

This lucky charm came to the Bucks through a fan promotion that gave fans the chance to submit items for the front office to take to the NBA draft for good luck.

Sock

Reaction score
I don't have any Lucky Charms per say, but I do believe in being an opportunist! The more you involve yourself, the more you will find will come your way.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

FireCat

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about he should carry it or whatever. I simply asked why not.
And It doesn't even mean, I know someone who does "carry such thing or believe it"

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually wear a lucky charm, i just dont believe in it.
It was a gift by a buddhist monk, a bracelet which is supposed to bring luck and protect from evil. Got it on a trip to south-east asia.
Its a +2 accessory.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Lucky charms:
  1. Anything can be called a lucky charm.
  2. It doesn't have to be big.
  3. It must participate in an accident.
  4. It is patented.
  5. It can be patented.
  6. It can also be edible.
  7. You can get into prison for stealing "lucky charms."
How to make one:
  1. You need to find a small, inexpensive object that can be easily carried around at all times.
  2. Give this item to someone who has a history of bad luck. We call this person, "A".
  3. "A" needs to have experienced an almost-fatal accident. "A" must survive.
  4. "A" must be experiencing the almost-fatal accident while carrying the item.
How to "Cheat":
  1. Carry the item.
  2. Go to Russia.
  3. Try to get into a car accident.
  4. Claim you survived a car crash with your "lucky charm".
How to make a profit:
  1. Mass produce small items with the same design but different subtle details.
  2. Put it on a stand.
  3. Dress like a monk. Even the haircut must be like a monk.
  4. Act as if you're a Buddhist monk.
  5. Say that you're selling "lucky charms". Words always get people going.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think those monks i met "sold" the charms. They were giving them anyway to basicaly anybody. But of course, you could donate money afterwards, or not, it was up to you.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think those monks i met "sold" the charms. They were giving them anyway to basicaly anybody. But of course, you could donate money afterwards, or not, it was up to you.
I've never said the monks you've met "sell" the charms or anything. ;)

FireCat

Reaction score
New research proves that lucky charms DO actually work

They are taken to exams, job interviews and weddings in the hope they will bring good fortune. But rather than being mere superstition, lucky charms do actually work, psychologists claim.

Researchers told half the golfers on a putting green that they were playing with a lucky ball, and the rest that they were playing with a normal one.

Those with the lucky ball sank 6.4 putts out of 10, nearly two more putts on average than the others - an increase of of 35 per cent. The results have sparked huge interest among behavioural psychologists who say they put luck in a different light. The research from the University of Cologne was on just 28 students but the results are being considered significant.

But the figures will also be an encouragement for the millions who cling to a lucky shirt or ring on special occasions to bring them fortune. And even celebrities have often admitted relying on a lucky charm.
Read Moar Here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.