Do you keep a journal?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I started one, and am hoping for some writing improvements. Does anyone else have a writing journal?

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I've been meaning to start one for a while, but never managed to get one started. Plus, I'm not very good at those things, and I probably would stop after a month or so.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I've been meaning to start one for a while, but never managed to get one started. Plus, I'm not very good at those things, and I probably would stop after a month or so.

I would think I would also. But a experienced writer suggested it, so I decided to start one.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
lol I would never start a journel because It (to me) would be extra work that I would never look back on. I always remember most anything that matters to me. I always thought though that a dream diary would help my writing a lot , and give me ideas and such.
By the way, which experienced writer told you this?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
I started one, and am hoping for some writing improvements. Does anyone else have a writing journal?

I satrted a journal 9 years ago (at 10 years old if you want, 25th December 1996, at my birthday) and it isn't finished yet. I started it in English (which is harder since I am not really English, I still not good), and your vocabulary will grow every day, so you can write an essay better.
It isn't really an extra work, because if we created it, it is because we have many free time and we want to do a time-consuming against the boring world. :)nuts:)
Also, it increases the rate at what you think. At 10 years old, you may write 30 lines (A4 format, almost 1000 words) after 1 hour whereas after writing long and long, you write 30 lines over 15 minutes.

Just to say : My journal has 10852 pages (3,30 p/day, 102,34 lines p/day) and it isn't finished. It took me 57 books of 192 A4 pages and I will finish the 57st in some days. Need to track back old dreams I made because I didn't wrote a listfile for all my pages. I do not know where are all my history writings, because they are all scattered along the pages. I recently started to read my journal from its starting point, I still only at the page 520 after 15 days of reading (almost 105 minutes per day). I am just registering whatever I find interesting.

To start writing a journal, it is easier to write events instead of a dream, because it is harder. When I started to write a dream, it tooks me age to write it fully (almost 3 months for only 10 pages, :confused: 3 months is 90 pages normally). Events still the best to start writing a journal. And with a "J" (Journal) if it is entirly yours.

Halahan

Reaction score
Alright, that may be true, but I still just dont think a journal is my kind of thing.
Wait are you talking about one where you right hwat happened to you that day or such or just any ideas. Now im REALLY confused :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Alright, that may be true, but I still just dont think a journal is my kind of thing.
Wait are you talking about one where you right hwat happened to you that day or such or just any ideas. Now im REALLY confused :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Writing your journal will be only for fun if you do not know what to do. :p You'll see it is time-consuming when you have no ideas.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I am not really English, I still not good)

It shows :p.

Anyway, I would never start a journal in fear of someone reading it. Isn't really a "guy" thing anyway. But Chocobo, that's one bloody huge journal, congrats on it, pics please.

Halahan

Reaction score
Call it something manly like, "Off-roading hunk of meat muscle book."
lol

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I satrted a journal 9 years ago (at 10 years old if you want, 25th December 1996, at my birthday) and it isn't finished yet. I started it in English (which is harder since I am not really English, I still not good), and your vocabulary will grow every day, so you can write an essay better.
It isn't really an extra work, because if we created it, it is because we have many free time and we want to do a time-consuming against the boring world. :)nuts:)
Also, it increases the rate at what you think. At 10 years old, you may write 30 lines (A4 format, almost 1000 words) after 1 hour whereas after writing long and long, you write 30 lines over 15 minutes.

Just to say : My journal has 10852 pages (3,30 p/day, 102,34 lines p/day) and it isn't finished. It took me 57 books of 192 A4 pages and I will finish the 57st in some days. Need to track back old dreams I made because I didn't wrote a listfile for all my pages. I do not know where are all my history writings, because they are all scattered along the pages. I recently started to read my journal from its starting point, I still only at the page 520 after 15 days of reading (almost 105 minutes per day). I am just registering whatever I find interesting.

To start writing a journal, it is easier to write events instead of a dream, because it is harder. When I started to write a dream, it tooks me age to write it fully (almost 3 months for only 10 pages, :confused: 3 months is 90 pages normally). Events still the best to start writing a journal. And with a "J" (Journal) if it is entirly yours.

Nice, Really nice, All real books or Typed. Anyways... some people buy journals off ebay xD you might make a fortune.

Halahan

Reaction score
Depends what he wrote.

I might start a dream diary some day, and to what Chocobo said,
It doesn't matter how many pages you have, but what you have in it. Dreams are much cooler too ;)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Eh, as a child I wrote one... It got thrown out :D During a forced cleaning by my parents. But really, would anyone with a sane mind want to read the life of the Seth? I think not.

As for the dream diary thing, I can't even do that. I only ever dream once in a great while and believe it or not, most of the time I don't even know it. I have... Odd dreams. Well, the dreams themselves are of everyday shit, but believe it or not (again) but whenever I dream up a day or a conversation, it eventually happens :D I'm clairvoyant, punks :cool: :shades:

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Let's see....

I've never had a journal. Never saw the point. My life isn't worth communicating to people who want to read it. They'd think some of the things I've observed are illusions and fragments of the mind anyhow.

And I haven't made a dream journal, though it'd be an interesting idea, since a lot of my dreams eventually occur, while the rest, which border on insanity as usual, aren't really worth writing about, though every now and then I recount them to laugh at them with my friends. The Subconscious is a weird place.

Halahan

Reaction score
I have a better time remembering dreams, especially when they are awesome ;)
but I once had this one dream that was like the best (well maybe second) dream ever, where it had something to do with Harry potter, purple mist, Hagrid, the sky, and a weird feeling, then there was another with a castle but ANYWAYS. Then you can recount them much better

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
I keep a notebook of all my story ideas, but I don't keep one for my personal stuff. I used to but my friends were way too nosy so I stopped. And my dreams aren't things that I want to remember so I never write them down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.