• Total voters

Corleone

Reaction score
Not really;

1) It costs way too much
2) It'll never come out here ( Europe ) anyway! :p
3) Games aren't my cup of tea
4) Games are too expensive
5) Only got 1 HD Plasma TV in the house ( living room ) so I couldn't really play much, while using it's max resolution. ( Note: My own TV is a 37cm CRT )
6) I already got a Wii.
7) It's Sony... they'll lie to you, rob you, and screw you over.

J

Jakewazheya

It costs way to much money+ the games r expensive and they say they are still losing money...

Chaz3262

Reaction score
Not really;

1) It costs way too much
5) Only got 1 HD Plasma TV in the house ( living room ) so I couldn't really play much, while using it's max resolution. ( Note: My own TV is a 37cm CRT )
6) I already got a Wii.

Nice way to put it lol. Go WII

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Not really;

1) It costs way too much
6) I already got a Wii.

I'm with him :rolleyes: PS3 Sucks Ass!(I had mine returned[Due to Constant Freezing and bad games]) Get a Wii or Xbox360

Chaz3262

Reaction score
My friend told me he reuturned his bec when he was clicking the bottons to much. The ps3 turned off and smoke came out the back of the system

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Lol, the system at our bestbuy blew up like 13 hours after they set it up. LOL

But, I would get one if they were cheaper, but not for $800... :(

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I read it is actually inexpensive compared to other Blue Ray devices out there. Plus you get a game box out of the deal.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Yeah, but you're not buying it for the Blu-ray device, the target audience is (or was) video gamers. And now... Well, I guess it's cool they broadened their horizons. I just wish they had improved the gaming concept a bit more than they did.

And yeah, I think it's a bit too expensive for my tastes...

$800, DDRtists?

It was $600, last time I checked...

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Unlike Wii and 360, PS3s first purpose is not games. Thats why all you gamers complain.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree with there Pineapple. The thing is a gamebox - a powerful one - but it is also a Blue Ray DVD Player and right now 600 bucks for a Blue Ray DVD player, from what I hear, is good.

Also, you know DDR has to get DDR or whatever for the box so it would be 800$ for him :)

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I'm with him :rolleyes: PS3 Sucks Ass!(I had mine returned[Due to Constant Freezing and bad games]) Get a Wii or Xbox360

Heh...that happened to my friends..well I bought the X-Box 360 and I went HHAAHAHA mine doesn't freeze..thats what you get...lol

PS3 cost WAY too much

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Also, you know DDR has to get DDR or whatever for the box so it would be 800$ for him :)

The ONLY reason I would by a PS3 is if the Bemani ( DDR, IIDX, PPP, GF, DM ) moved to the PS3, and not the 360 or Wii.

That would be a bad move for Konami, though, I think they are leaning towards the 360 more.

And also, the 20gb ones are $600, the Bigger HDD ones are $800 ( Here, at least ).

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Poll said:
Love It! 1

No comment o_O.

---

If I EVER get a PS3, EVER (or even enough money to get a ps3), I'd get it only (and ONLY) to play any new FF games they may happen to make for it, since the only thing the ps3 has our good games.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
thats the main reason i want it. I <3 Final Fantasy.

----

What i meant was that Sony probably thought that they would be able to sell it better as a cheep blu ray player than a game console.

Chaz3262

Reaction score
Unlike Wii and 360, PS3s first purpose is not games. Thats why all you gamers complain.

What do u mean not its frist pupose My butt. Thats y there is a PS3 for the gaming..

If its purpose wasnt to play games then itd be under the cat as a vcr or dvd player.

Its first purpose is to be a crappy game system that offers remakes of games that sells for alot. Crappy helper people if it blows up or something. The games cost a shit load. Online sucks ass. And theres not many movies that have gone to blue ray. I mean come on Ps3 doing to much.

And its in the end going to figuer out that it cant copy xbox360. In wich the hardrive contuines to run as the game playes wich the ps3 cannot do bec there so much crap in the system..

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
What do u mean not its frist pupose My butt. Thats y there is a PS3 for the gaming..

If its purpose wasnt to play games then itd be under the cat as a vcr or dvd player.

Its first purpose is to be a crappy game system that offers remakes of games that sells for alot. Crappy helper people if it blows up or something. The games cost a shit load. Online sucks ass. And theres not many movies that have gone to blue ray. I mean come on Ps3 doing to much.

And its in the end going to figuer out that it cant copy xbox360. In wich the hardrive contuines to run as the game playes wich the ps3 cannot do bec there so much crap in the system..

^^Fan boy much?

More companies support blu ray technology then HD-DVD. Guess what? There is even less movies out on HD-DVD.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
And also, the 20gb ones are $600, the Bigger HDD ones are $800 ( Here, at least ).

Haha, you're getting screwed ^.^

NJ Prices:

20 gig - $500
60 gig - $600

Poor DDRtists :D Then again, I don't think you wanted a PS3 anyway, so what the hell do you care? :p

Chaz3262

Reaction score
^^Fan boy much?

More companies support blu ray technology then HD-DVD. Guess what? There is even less movies out on HD-DVD.

y would they support that more it cost more. And if they support it so much then y arnt there alot of them out

"The inconvenience is that the [movie] studios got too much protection at the expense consumers and it won't work well on PCs," Gates said. "It's not the physical format that we have the issue with, it's that the protection scheme on Blu-ray is very anti-consumer." Gates also questioned how much next-gen DVD formats will even matter, saying content will soon be streamed directly or stored on a hard disk."(http://www.betanews.com/article/Gates_Bluray_DRM_is_AntiConsumer/1129572265)

What if i wanted to bootleg my ps3 to play on my computer?

Cant happen with blue ray..

"
Watertown, Mass.-based Cymfony Inc., which culls trends from posts on Internet sites, reported that positive discussions about HD-DVD were 46% higher than Blu-ray in a survey of almost 18,000 posts on blogs, discussion boards and consumer review sites from Oct. 1 to Nov. 30."
Hum

Negative Blu-ray conversation indicated a lack of consumer trust in Sony, as well as gamer displeasure with selling Blu-ray in association with PlayStation 3," said Jim Nail, a spokesman for Cymfony, which culls trends from posts on social media sites

Got more if u want to contune this. But i think im right.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I voted Wii, but the reason you have there "cheap games", is pretty much wrong. The system itself is cheaper than the other consoles, yes, but the games cost just as much.

Anyways, the reason I bought the Wii, and I beleive most others as well, is the great line-up of games coming out for it. The xbox360 has been out for almost a year now, and what games does it have? oblivion and gears of war? (halo and halo 2 are for the original xbox, but I guess you could throw those in too)

The Wii released with Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and that game alone is far superior to any xbox 360 game already. Not only that, but there's more games coming out, like the new mario games, the new super smash bros. (actually, ot sure if that's for Wii or gamecube, but no matter) Not only that, but there is the whole lineup of the gamecube games there and ready, which has countless gems that are still great to play.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.